Department of Science and Technology (DST) announces Inspire Fellowship Scheme 2022 for Post-Doctoral Programs in Science and Technology, Apply now
DST Inspire Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2022 – The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, invites application for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2022 for Post-Doctoral Programs in applied Science and Technology.
DST Inspire Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2022
About DST Inspire Fellowship Scheme 2022
- Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE), offers standing opportunities for pursuing Doctoral Research at any recognized University or Institute in India through Fellowships at the same level as National Eligibility Test (NET) qualified candidates. The INSPIRE Fellowship component of the INSPIRE Programme is focused on attraction of students to pursue regular doctoral degree in basic and applied sciences including engineering, medicine, agriculture, veterinary, pharmacy etc. after either Masters’ degree in Science/ Applied Science/ Engineering or Bachelors’/ Masters’ degree in Medicine.
- Applications are invited for the year 2022, from eligible candidates within the age group 22-27 years for Fellowship under the INSPIRE Fellowship component of INSPIRE scheme of DST through the web-portal.
- Last date for making online applications is : 31st January 2023
- INSPIRE Scholar having secured minimum 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S. / M.Sc. (or)
- 1st Rank Holder with minimum 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) at University level examination in PostGraduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/Applied Sciences including Engineering, Pharmacy, Agricultural sciences and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic Institutions (Excluding Autonomous Colleges) in India. (or)
- 1st Rank Holder at University level examination in Graduate/Post-graduate Degree in Medicine only from any recognized Indian University or Institute/Statutory Body in India.
- Please Note that Students who i) are 1st Rank Holder in College including Autonomous College Examination, ii) have obtained degree (s) through Distance Education Mode and iii) are 1st Rank Holder in any specialization given at M.Sc. 2nd/ last year, are not eligible for the offer of INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Candidates who are Indian Citizens and have acquired their eligibility for INSPIRE Fellowship during the years 2021 and 2022 are eligible to apply.
- Emoluments: The Fellowship amount under INSPIRE Fellowship is as per GoI norms of fellowship (Junior Research Fellowship/ Senior Research Fellowship) and research grant to the candidate. There is a provision of 1000 INSPIRE Fellowships to be offered to eligible students against the INSPIRE Fellowship-2022 call and each Fellowship is tenable for a maximum period of five years or completion of the PhD degree, whichever is earlier. This Fellowship shall not be available to pursue M.Sc. or M.Phil. or M. Tech. course while pursuing Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D./ M. Phil.-Ph.D./ M. Tech.-Ph.D. courses.
- Interested and eligible students must apply and submit their application with all essential
- documents through ONLINE mode only. Applications are to be submitted online onINSPIRE web-portal https://www.online-inspire.gov.in.
- Those interested in submitting applications have to register at this portal and submit the application online. Please read guidelines available on the portal carefully before submitting the application.
- This web- portal will be open from 25th November 2022 to 10th January, 2023 (till 23:59 hrs. IST) for submission of applications. For further enquiries regarding the INSPIRE-Fellowship component, please send email to: [email protected] For queries, please call us on 0124-6690020, 0124- 6690021.
- Selection from among the eligible applicants is done in two stages i.e. Level I and Level II.
- Applicants who are already admitted to Ph.D. Program in S&T prior to submitting application and selected at both Level I & Level II, will be awarded the Final Offer for the INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Applicants who have not admitted to Ph.D. Program in S&T prior to submitting application and get selected at Level I, will be awarded a Provisional Offer for INSPIRE Fellowship.
- The Provisional Offer is made on the basis of scrutiny of application along with required documents (Level I) submitted by the applicant. However, the Final Offer is made on the basis of evaluation of the application at Level II considering i) Academic merit ii) Host Institution including Research Supervisor profile and iii) the detailed Research Proposal by the Subject Expert Committee (s). At the Level II Evaluation process, applicants need to secure a qualifying score/cutoff based on the Subject Expert Committee(s) recommendations and approval of the Competent Authority. The cut-off marks may vary based on the competitive framework of the selection process. Also, it is important to note that the Provisional Offer does not guarantee the award of INSPIRE Fellowship.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website