Department of Science and Technology (DST) announces Inspire Fellowship Scheme 2021 for Post-Doctoral Programs in Science and Technology
DST Inspire Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2021 – The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, invites application for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2021 for Post-Doctoral Programs in Science and Technology.
Read further for more details on DST Inspire Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2021.
About DST Inspire Fellowship Scheme 2021
- The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, launched the “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research(INSPIRE)” [www.online-inspire.gov.in] Programme in 2008. This programme which covers the age group of 15-37 years, aims to attract young Indian talent towards study of science leading to careers in research.
- INSPIRE includes multiple components out of which the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme offers postdoctoral fellowships to young achievers with an opportunity for independent research in the near term to emerge as a future leader in the long term
- To provide attractive opportunities for young achievers for developing independent scientific profiles and launch themselves towards fulfilling long-term careers.
- This scheme provides an opportunity to young post-doctoral fellows for carrying out independent research and does not guarantee a regular position after 5 years.
DST Inspire Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2021 Important Date
- Last date for making online applications is : 04th October 2021
Eligibility Criteria for DST Inspire Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2021
- Indian citizens and people of Indian origin with PIO status having PhD degree (in science, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine and agriculture related subjects) from any recognized university in the world.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 60% (or equivalent CGPA) marks throughout their academic profile starting from the Higher Secondary Examination (Class 12 onwards).
- Those who have submitted their PhD theses and are awaiting the award of degree shall also be eligible. However, selection for the Fellowship will be confirmed only after the PhD degree is awarded.
- The upper age limit as on 1st Jan 2021 is 32 years for General Category. However, for SC/ST/Women candidates, the upper age limit will be 37 years. For persons with benchmark disabilities (Divyangjan with not less than 40 percent of a specified disability), the upper age limit will be 42 years.
- Publication(s) in highly reputed journals demonstrating outstanding research potential of the candidate.
- Candidates who are employed in regular/contractual positions within India may also apply for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship for improvement and enhancement in their career prospects but, upon selection, the candidates will need to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization before taking up the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship. The candidates, who get selected for regular position in any institute/university after submission of IFF application, would be entitled to receive the Research Grant only as INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
- Desirable : Candidates who are within top 1% in Class 12 examination, IIT-JEE rank holders, 1st rank holders either in graduation or post-graduation level university examinations.
DST Inspire Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates need to submit applications ONLINE through the portal of INSPIRE programme. No other mode of submission of the application is permitted.
- To apply ONLINE, please visit the website: www.online-inspire.gov.in and follow the process described therein. After successful submission of the application online, the candidate may obtain a print out of the application and keep it for his/her personal reference.
- Candidates need to visit the website and read the guidelines thoroughly before applying for the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship scheme.
- The Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi, in coordination with DST, is implementing this INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme up to the stage of recommendation of candidates for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
- A three-tier selection process, viz. evaluation by discipline-based Expert Committees (INSA), followed by the recommendations of Apex Level Committee (INSA) and INSPIRE Faculty Award Council (DST). Based on the recommendations of these Committees, DST makes the final selection.
Amount and Duration of INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship
- Each selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be eligible to receive a consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000/- per month as a fellowship. In addition, a Research Grant of Rs.7.0 lakh every year for 5 years will also be provided to each successful candidate including the carryforward amount, if any, from the previous year. The consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000 per month is an all-inclusive fellowship and taxable as per the Indian IT Act.
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is for a maximum period of 5 (five) years. No Fellow should avail two fellowships concurrently during the tenure of this Fellowship period.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website