National Institute of Technology Rourkela announces Admission to PhD Program for January 2023, Apply Now
NIT Rourkela PhD Admission 2023 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Rourkela invites online applications from eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program (with External Fellowship and without Institute Fellowship category only) for the academic session 2023 (Spring Semester).
NIT Rourkela PhD Admission 2023
Department offering PhD Program
- Biotechnology and Medical Eng.; Civil Eng.; Chemical Eng.; Ceramic Eng.; Computer Science & Eng.; Electronics & Communication Eng.; Electrical Eng.; Earth and Atmospheric Science; Food Process Eng.; Humanities & Social Sciences; Industrial Design; Life Science; Mathematics; Mechanical Eng.; Metallurgical & Materials Eng.; Mining Eng.; Planning and Architecture; Physics and Astronomy; School of Management
- Application form will be available in the Institute website for online submission: 26th Nov to 10th December 2022
- Publication of Result of scrutiny in the website: 17th December 2022
- Test and/Interview (Venue: NIT, Rourkela)/online: 21st & 22nd December 2022
- Publication of result of Interview in the website: 27th December 2022
- Admission: 30th December 2022
- Semester Registration: 02nd January 2023
- Starting of Class/Research Work: 03rd January 2023
- The minimum qualification required for admission to PhD programs in Engineering, Science, Planning & Architecture, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences is one of the following:
- ME/MTech/MScEngg/MPharm/MArch/MPlan/MDes in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks or 1st class in both BE/BTech/BSc Engg/MSc/BPharm/MCA/BArch/ BDes or equivalent, and ME/MTech/MScEngg/MPharm/ MArch/MPlan/MDes from a recognized Technical Institute or University.
- BE/BTech/BSc Engg/MSc/BPharm/MCA/BArch/BDes or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65% marks.
- MSc in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65% marks in relevant disciplines. For applicants with a valid GATE/NET/GPAT or equivalent score, requirement may be relaxed by maximum 0.5 CGPA or 5% marks.
- MBBS/BVSc with CGPA 6.5 or 60% marks or 1st class.
- Further, candidates having the following qualification can also apply for PhD in Management and Humanities & Social Sciences:
- MA/MCom/MBA/MSc in Humanities and Social Sciences or Management or BTech with 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks or 1st class for PhD in Management, and Humanities and Social Sciences only.
- In addition to the above eligibility criteria (based on BTech, BArch, MSc, MBA, MA, MCom, MTech, MArch, MPlan, MDes and MPharm, etc. examinations), the following additional criteria will also be applicable:
- A candidate should score a minimum 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks or 1st class throughout career to be eligible for admission to PhD program. The Departmental Research Committee (DRC), however, may make exceptions (marks < 60% or CGPA < 6.5) at its discretion in only one among the results of 10th, +2, BA, BSc, BCom, Diploma etc. (except qualifying degree) if the candidate has qualified in GATE/NET/GPAT or other national level fellowship tests like DST-INSPIRE, etc. or joined as JRF/SRF in any research project.
- For admission to Engineering and Science disciplines (except Life Science), a candidate should have passed Mathematics in +2 Science or Diploma.
- Science students admitted to PhD programs in Engineering/Physics/ Mathematics must have passed Mathematics at +3 level. Students without Mathematics at +3 level may be admitted under the condition that they will have to register for 14 credits of 1000 and 2000 level Mathematics and 1000 level Computer Science courses (Theory and Practical) in addition to their normal course requirement, and secure at least C grade in each course.
- A student should have passed Life Science or Biological Science either at +2 or +3 level for admission to PhD in Life Science department.
- All Category wise eligibility criteria please check on website https://www.nitrkl.ac.in/
- Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit their online application at http://eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in. The applicants are advised to:
- Read this advertisement and the instructions to fill up the online application form given in the online portal carefully.
- Application Fee: Rs. 500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through SBI Collect only
- Selection will be made on the basis of academic record, relevance of qualification, candidate’s research interest, existing research programs and facilities of the departments, and performance of the candidate in written tests and/or interviews
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023