Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar announces PhD Admission 2022 for 02nd Semester
IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar invites application for admission to PhD program offered in various disciplines for the Academic Year 2022-23
IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2022
PhD Program Offered
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME)
- Humanities & Social Sciences
PhD Program Category
- Regular PhD
- PhD External
- Direct PhD
- Part-Time PhD
- PhD for Staff Members
- Last Date to Submission of Application Form : 03rd October 2022
- Date of written test/ Interviews : To be announced
- A master’s degree in engineering (ME / MTech) or medicine (MD) or pharmaceutical sciences (MPharm) or veterinary science (MVSc) or dental surgery (MDS), with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10). Or
- A master’s degree in sciences (MSc / MS) or equivalent, with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10). A valid GATE score or qualified in UGC/CSIR/NET/INSPIRE fellowship, or equivalent. Or
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering (BE /BTech) or pharmacy (BPharm), with a minimum of 65 percent marks (7.0 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. A bachelor’s degree from an IIT with a minimum of 8 grade points on a scale of 10 points without GATE. Or
- A MBBS, BVSc, or BDS, with a minimum of 65 percent marks (7.0 grade points on a scale of 10).
- Masters degree in Chemical Engineering or in any Allied Branch of Chemical Engineering with CGPA 6.5 (or 60%). For SC and ST candidates, CGPA criteria at Bachelors degree is relaxed to 6.0 (or 55%). OR
- Master of Science with any specialization with CGPA 8.0 and above. A valid GATE/UGC/CSIR-NET/DST-INSPIRE (PhD) or any other national fellowship in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration. For SC and ST candidates, CGPA criteria at Masters level is relaxed to 7.5 (or 70%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering followed by a Master’s degree in an appropriate area with consistently good academic background.
- Computer Science and Engineering M.Tech./M.E/M.S. (or an equivalent qualification) in computer science and engineering (or related areas) with 60% marks (or 6.5 grade point out of 10) (55% marks for SC/ST). OR
- Candidates with B. Tech/B.E/MCA*/MSc* with 60% marks (or 6.5 grade point out of 10) (55% marks for SC/ST) degree in computer science and engineering or related area with a valid GATE score. OR
- Candidates with B. Tech/B.E/MCA*/MSc* with 60% marks (or 6.5 grade point out of 10) (55% marks for SC/ST) degree in computer science and engineering or related area without valid GATE score but having external funding like NET JRF, DST Inspire, etc. Such candidates will not be eligible for institute fellowships.
- *The candidates with MSc/MCA will be treated equivalent to B.Tech..
PhD in Sciences
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Physics/ Maths/ Chemistry or relevant subject / B. Tech. in Engineering Physics with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or MTech in relevant areas.
- Candidates should also have a Valid GATE / UGC NET/ JRF/ DST-Inspire Fellowship Scorecard.
PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences:
- Master’s degree in Economics, English Literature, Philosophy, and Sociology with 55% (or 6.0-grade point out of 10) OR Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Engineering from any of the IITs/NITs or any other ‘Institute of National Importance’ with a minimum of 55% (or 6 grade points out of 10)
- Candidates should also have a Valid GATE / UGC / CSIR NET or equivalent examination DST-Inspire Fellowship Scorecard.
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the official website www.iitrpr.ac.in
- The candidates are desirous to seek admission to be required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and relevant information is available on the University website.
- For GEN/ OBC Candidates : Rs.200/-
- For Women/ SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates : Rs.100/-
- Mode of Fee Payment : Through Online mode
- Selection will be based on a written test & Interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website