IIT Bhilai PhD Program Admission 2022 – Eligibility, Courses, Application and Selection Process
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai invites applications for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in various disciplines for the academic session 2022-23.
Interested candidates can submit their applications on or before May 20, 2022. Read ahead for details such as application process, important dates, fee and more for IIT Bhilai PhD Program Admission 2022 from the page below
IIT Bhilai PhD Program Admission 2022
PhD Programs Offered
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Electrical Engineering
- Electric Vehicle Technology
- Liberal Arts
- Mechanical Engineering
PhD Program under any of the following categories.
- Sponsored external full-time
- Sponsored external part -time
- Sponsored non-external full-time
- Sponsored non-external part -time
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Start date for application (online only) : April 05, 2022 (10:00 Hrs IST)
- Last date for submitting an online application form and completing the payment. : May 20, 2022 (17:00 Hrs IST)
Entrance Tests and Interviews
- Chemistry : June 20, 2022
- Computer Science and Engineering: June 20, 2022
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence : June 21, 2022
- Electrical Engineering: June 22, 2022
- Electric Vehicle Technology : June 23, 2022
- Liberal Arts: June 23, 2022
- Mathematics: June 24, 2022
- Mechanical Engineering: June 21, 2022
- Mechatronics: June 24, 2022
- Physics: June 22, 2022
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Master’s degree in science, arts, social sciences, or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements.
- Valid GATE Score or CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) (Also refer to page below for discipline specific criteria).
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR/DAE or DST INSPIRE Fellowship (Also refer to Table low for discipline specific criteria).
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience. The experience gained while acquiring a Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or experience acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought may be considered as professional experience.
- BTech from IIT with a CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more.
- An ongoing degree may also be considered as a qualifying degree provided the applicant graduates before the PhD program starts.
- Discipline specific requirements are given below
- Chemistry : CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Chemical Sciences if applicable, GATE in CY if applicable.
- Computer Science and Engineering : GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH if applicable.
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence : GATE score in any engineering discipline/MA/ST, if applicable.
- Electrical Engineering : GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ MA/ PH/ XE if applicable.
- Electric Vehicle Technology : GATE score in ME/ EE/ EC/ IN/ AE/ CY/CH/XE/XE-F/XE-C/PI, if applicable. CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences, if applicable.
- Liberal Arts : CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Psychology/ English/ Economics, if applicable. GATE in XH, if applicable. ICMR JRF in Social Sciences, if applicable.
- Mathematics : CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Mathematical Sciences, if applicable. GATE in MA/ST,if applicable. JRF in NBHM/DST-INSPIRE if applicable.
- Mechanical Engineering : GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE if applicable.
- Mechatronics : GATE Score in ME/EE/EC/PI/IN/AE if applicable.
- Physics : CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Physical Sciences, if applicable GATE in PH/EE/XE/ME, if applicable DST-Inspire, if applicable.
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Applicants must read the instructions given in the brochure carefully before filling up the application form.
- Applicants must fill out the online application form available at www.iitbhilai.ac.in/index.php?pid=phd_admission.
- There is NO need to send a hardcopy of the application forms.
- For SC/ST/PwD/female candidates : 100 INR
- For other candidates : 200 INR
- Mode of Payment : Through State Bank Collect only
- Selection will be based on Entrance tests and interviews.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website