Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai announces PhD Program Admission 2022 for winter semester
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai invites applications for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in various disciplines for the academic session 2022-23.
IIT Bhilai PhD Program Admission 2022
PhD Programs Offered
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Electrical Engineering
- Electric Vehicle Technology
- Liberal Arts
- Mechanical Engineering
PhD Program under any of the following categories.
- Sponsored external full-time
- Sponsored external part -time
- Sponsored non-external full-time
- Sponsored non-external part -time
- Start date of application (online only) : October 05, 2022 (10:00 Hrs IST)
- Last date for submitting an online application form and completing the payment : October 31, 2022 (17:00 Hrs IST)
Entrance Tests and Interviews (Dates are tentative*)
- Chemistry : November 26, 2022
- Computer Science and Engineering : November 26, 2022
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence : November 30, 2022
- Electrical Engineering : November 26, 2022
- Electric Vehicle Technology : December 01, 2022
- Liberal Arts : December 03, 2022
- Mathematics : November 26, 2022
- Mechanical Engineering : December 03, 2022
- Mechatronics : December 02, 2022
- Physics : December 03, 2022
- Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Master’s degree in science, arts, social sciences, or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements.
- Valid GATE Score or CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) (Also refer to page below for discipline specific criteria).
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR/DAE or DST INSPIRE Fellowship (Also refer to Table low for discipline specific criteria).
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience. The experience gained while acquiring a Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or experience acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought may be considered as professional experience.
- BTech from IIT with a CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more.
- An ongoing degree may also be considered as a qualifying degree provided the applicant graduates before the PhD program starts.
- Discipline specific requirements are given below
- Chemistry : CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Chemical Sciences if applicable, GATE in CY if applicable.
- Computer Science and Engineering : GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH if applicable.
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence : GATE score in any engineering discipline/MA/ST, if applicable.
- Electrical Engineering : GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ MA/ PH/ XE if applicable.
- Electric Vehicle Technology : GATE score in ME/ EE/ EC/ IN/ AE/ CY/CH/XE/XE-F/XE-C/PI, if applicable. CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences, if applicable.
- Liberal Arts : CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Psychology/ English/ Economics, if applicable. GATE in XH, if applicable. ICMR JRF in Social Sciences, if applicable.
- Mathematics : CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Mathematical Sciences, if applicable. GATE in MA/ST,if applicable. JRF in NBHM/DST-INSPIRE if applicable.
- Mechanical Engineering : GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE if applicable.
- Mechatronics : GATE Score in ME/EE/EC/PI/IN/AE if applicable.
- Physics : CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Physical Sciences, if applicable GATE in PH/EE/XE/ME, if applicable DST-Inspire, if applicable.
- Applicants must read the instructions given in the brochure carefully before filling up the application form.
- Applicants must fill out the online application form available at www.iitbhilai.ac.in/index.php?pid=phd_admission.
- There is NO need to send a hardcopy of the application forms.
- For SC/ST/PwD/female candidates : 100 INR
- For other candidates : 200 INR
- Mode of Payment : Through State Bank Collect only
- Selection will be based on Entrance tests and interviews.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website