BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2022 – Dates, Eligibility, Application, and Selection Process
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2022 – Birla Institute of Technology (BITS) Mesra Ranchi invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program under full-time/part-time categories for the Monsoon Session 2022
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2022
Dept. Offering PhD Program
- Architecture & Planning
- Bio-Engineering & Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Science & Technology
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Remote Sensing
- Space Engineering & Rocketry
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Filling of the Online Application Form commences on 01st April 2022
- Last Date to Apply Online: 02nd May 2022
- Display of shortlisted applicants for Test: 12th May 2022
- Date of PhD Written Test and Interview of shortlisted applicants: 20th May 2022
- Declaration of Result: 23rd May 2022
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2022
- Candidates with the following qualifications shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program of the Institute:
- Possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc. (Engg.) / M.Arch. / M.Pharm. / M.Plan./ M.Sc./ MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
- Possessing B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc. (Engg.)/B.Pharm/B.Arch./B.Plan. or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 80% marks or 8.0 CGPA on a ten-point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE/GPAT score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Sponsored candidates must have a minimum of two years of professional work experience, in addition to the eligibility criteria (a or b). In addition, sponsored candidates should have valid sponsorship for at least three years.
- Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks for SC / ST candidates.
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website https://www.bitmesra.ac.in/
- To fill out an online application form, click on the link “APPLY ONLINE” to register for the program and create a password for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody.
- Follow instructions for filling out online application forms.
- For General/OBC Category: Rs. 1500/-
- For SC/ST Category: Rs. 1000/-
- Mode of Payment: Through Online Payment Gateway (candidates may use Net banking / Debit card / Credit card of any nationalized bank)
- Provisional selection for the Ph.D. The program will be based on the performance of the applicants in a Written Test, Previous Academic Career, and an Interview. Only such candidates, who obtain the minimum requisite marks in Written Test will be considered for the final preparation of the result.
PhD Entrance Test
- Written Test Date: 20.05.2022 [Friday]
- Venue: Main Campus at Mesra
- Reporting Time: 10:00 AM
- Written Test Time: 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM IST (2-hour duration)
- Pattern of Question: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Total Marks: 100 (Full marks for each correct answer). There will be no negative marking.
- A limited number of Institute Research Fellowships (IRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- per month for the next two years is available depending on the performance. The minimum marks required for IRF may vary across the departments and shall be decided by an appropriate committee. The IRFs shall be awarded based on the performance in the admission test, academic career and interview. Ph.D. admission test is mandatory for candidates aspiring for the IRF.
For more details and to apply please visit the official website