Anna University notification for Tamil Nadu Common Admission (TANCA) 2022 for M.E./ M. Tech./ M. Arch./ M. Plan. Degree Programs
TANCA 2022 – Applications are invited for admission to M.E./ M. Tech./ M. Arch./ M. Plan. Degree Programs offered in the University Departments, University Colleges, Regional Campuses of Anna University, Annamalai University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and the seats surrendered by the Self-Financing Engineering Colleges for the year 2022.
Tamil Nadu Common Admission (TANCA) 2022
Category of Institutions
- The Government of Tamil Nadu in G.O. (1D) No. 8 6 Higher Education (J2) Department, dated 18.04.2022 have permitted Anna University, Chennai-25 for the conduct of Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA 2022 ) through single window counseling for M.E. /M.Tech./ M.Arch. / M.Plan. degree programmes offered at
- (i) University Departments / Regional Campuses / Constituent Colleges of Anna University.
- (ii) Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- (iii) Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges
- (iv) Self-financing Engineering Colleges (for the seats surrendered by them for the single window counseling)
- Last date for Online Registration of Application and Submission : 03rd August 2022
Duration of Courses
- Duration of Full-Time PG Programs comprises of 4 semesters (2 years) and Part-Time Program comprises of 6 semesters (3 years)
Eligibility Criteria for TANCA 2022
- Candidates who have passed all the subjects in the recognized Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field in the qualifying degree examination as per AICTE norms
- are eligible.
- Further, the candidates shall possess
- (i) TANCET 2022 percentile score (or)
- (ii) GATE 2020 / 2021 / 2022 qualified score in the appropriate discipline of Engineering /Technology (or)
- (iii) GATE 2020 / 2021 / 2022 qualified score in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers along with TANCET 2022 percentile score.
- Eligibility qualifications for admission to various programmes are given in Annexure 1.
- A candidate is considered GATE 2020 / 2021 / 2022 qualified, if the marks secured are greater than or equal to the qualifying marks mentioned respectively for the category in the GATE 2020 / 2021 / 2022 score card.
- Note 3: If a candidate claims that the educational qualification possessed by him / her (though not the same as prescribed eligible qualification) is equivalent to the eligible qualification prescribed in Annexure I, he / she should obtain the Eligibility Certificate from the Director, Academic Courses, Anna University, Chennai 600 025 on or before the last date prescribed for registration of the online application. However, the claim would be subject to the decision of the admitting authority.
- Candidates of the following categories may also apply for admission:
(i) Candidates registered for the final semester / year examination of the qualifying degree programmes for the Academic year 2022-2023, (except A.M.I.E. and other similar certificates of various professional bodies ) are eligible
- Candidate should apply only through online in the Web portal https://tanca.annauniv.edu/tanca22/
- The candidates who intend to apply for seats under sponsored category should have appeared in TANCET 2022 apply through Online in the web portal https://tanca.annauniv.edu/tanca2022
- Candidates Required Documents to be Uploaded in Online TANCA Application Form.
- Take a print out of the filled – in online application. send the filled – in application through proper channel with necessary documents enclosed to one of the following addresses based on the choice of college – The Director (Admissions), Anna University, Chennai–600025
- The Principal, Government College of Technology, Thadagam Road, Coimbatore–641013
- For General Category : Rs.500/- (+18% GST
- For SC/SCA/ST(Tamil Nadu residents) Category : Rs.250/- (+18% GST
- Mode of Payment : Online Through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking
Rule of Reservation
- Open Competition (OC)- 31.0
- Backward Class (BC)- 26.5
- Ba c kward Class – Muslim (BCM) – 3. 5
- Most Backward Class & Denotified Commun ities (MBC & DNC)- 20.0
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15.0
- Scheduled Caste – A run tha thi ya r s (SCA) – 3. 0
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 1. 0
- After the selection procedure, selected candidates have to appear for the counselling process. Candidates will be called as per the availability of seats and the merit list. Candidates have to reach the centre as per specified date & time along with documents required
- After the counselling, as per the reservation norms, seats are allotted to the candidates. Steps for counselling are:
(b) Selection Process
(c) Seat Allotment
(d) Admission (document verification)
- A limited number of unfilled GATE seats (Full-Time mode) available after GATE Counselling will be considered under sponsored Full-Time Category for the candidates employed and sponsored by the Govt. / Government Organisations / Govt. Aided Educational Institutions under sponsored category in the University Departments of
- Anna University, Chennai i.e. (College of Engineering Guindy, A.C. College of Technology, School of Architecture & Planning and Madras Institute of Technology Campuses).
- All the candidates under sponsored category should have appeared in TANCET 2022
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website