RIMC 2020 Admission July 2020 through Entrance Exam, Dates, Eligibility, Application
RIMC Entrance Exam for class VIII Admission Commencing July 2020
RIMC Admission July 2020 - Rashtriya Indian Military College has issued notification for the Entrance for admission to VIII Class in the R.I.M.C. Dehradun for the Term July 2020.
In the RIMC, Dehradun only boys are eligible to apply for admission. Candidates can check all the relevant information regarding the admission on this page below.
RIMC (Rashtriya Institute Military College), Dehradun
- The Rashtriya Indian Military College is an Inter-Services Institution and a Category-A established of the Ministry of Defence. The college was established in 1922 with the primary aim of preparing the boys for entry into Defence Services and to provide quality all round education to young boys.
- RIMC Admission Test for Students which is going to held on 01st & 02nd December 2019 for Admission in Class VIII at the Rashtriya Indian Military College for the Academic Term/Academic Year July 2020 Term.
- Candidates have to check the RIMC website for regular updates regarding Result and Joining instruction.
Also See : Latest Notifications
Important Dates for RIMC Dehradun Admission July 2020
- Availability of Press Note by DGMT: 10th June 2019
- Availability of press note by State Governments: 20th June 2019
- Last Date of Receipt of Application Form: 30th September 2019
- Date of 8th Class Admission Test: 01st & 02nd December 2019 (Sunday/Monday)
- Date of Interview for qualified candidates in Written Exam: 07th April 2020
Eligibility Criteria for RIMC Dehradun Admission July 2020
Entry Age (As on 01st July 2020)
- Candidates (boys only) appearing for the above test should be less than 11½ years in age but should not have attained the age of 13 Years as on 01st July 2020, i.e., they should have been born not earlier than 02nd July 2007 and not later than 01st January 2009.
- The Students should have either passed VIIIth Class or must have been pursuing Studies in Class Seven while being considered for Admission into VIIIth Standard at the National Indian Military College (NIMC) / Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC).
- Rashtriya Indian Military College shall prepare the Final Select List based on the Merit of the Students based on their respective Performance and Total Marks both in the NIMC / RIMC Entrance Test and Personal Interview / Viva-voce for admission at the Rashtriya Indian Military College.
- The Rashtriya Indian Military College Administration shall declare shortly the Result for of RIMC Entrance Examination 2019.
Scheme of Exam
- The examination comprises of:
- The written part of the examination will consist of three papers, namely
- The written part of the examination will consist of three papers, namely, English (1000-1200 hrs) and Mathematics (1400-1530 hrs) shall be conducted on 01st December 2019 (Sunday) and General Knowledge paper (1000-1100 hrs) on 02nd December 2019 (Sunday). Minimum pass marks in each paper is 50%.
- English written Paper 125
- Mathematics written Paper 200
- General Knowledge written Paper 75
- Interview (Only for those who qualified the written test) 50
- Total - 450
- Medium of written exam: Candidates can answer either in Hindi or in English
- The Interview date shall be 04th October 2019 (Friday), and interviews will be held for only those candidates who qualify in the written exam, Minimum pass marks in the interview is 50% and the date, venue for interview will be intimated to them by first week of September 2019. Intelligence and personality of the candidates will be tested in the interview.
- All the candidates qualified after interview will undergo a medical examination at selected Military Hospitals and only those candidates found medically fit will be considered for selection and admission to the RIMC. The medical examination of the candidates forms only a part of the system of selection and does not imply the final selection.
- The interview will be held for only those candidates who pass the written exam; their list will be sent to their Respective State Government by RIMC after approval of MT Directorate.
- Examination centres are generally located in the state capitals or in cities/towns as per advertised
- Rashtriya Indian Military College will be released the result for the Entrance exam on the official website. Candidates can check the results from the official website and also a direct link to check the same will be provided below. The interview will be conducted at respective states. The respective state govt will intimate the candidates about the time and location of the interview.
- The result of the interview must be sent in a sealed envelope to the Commandant, RIMC, Dehradun, immediately after the conduct of viva voce. Also, the same must be conveyed by fax and email on the same day
- Scholarships are granted by various State Governments to meritorious students. The amount of scholarships varies from state to state and is in between Rs.10000/- to Rs.20000/- per annum.
- Continuation of Scholarship once granted by the state is subject to merit, income and discipline of the cadet and his performance during the year.
- A fee at RIMC is heavily subsidized by the Central Government. The fee is at present Rs.42400/- per year. It may increase from time to time. At the time of Entry a Security Deposit of Rs.20000/- is to be made. This is refunded when the boy passes out.
RIMC Dehradun Admission July 2020 Application Process
- The prospectus-cum-application form and booklet of old question papers can be obtained ONLY DIRECTLY from "The Rashtriya Indian Military College, Garhi Cantt, Dehradun, Uttarakhand-248003" through speed post by forwarding Self-addressed slip and an amount payee bank draft of Rs.600/- for General Candidates and Rs.555/- for SC/ST candidates along with Caste Certificate.
- Rs. 555/- for SC/ST candidates along with cast certificate. The demand draft is made in favour of “The Commandant RIMC Dehradun”, Drawee branch, State Bank of India, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun (Band Code-01576), Uttarakhand
- Online Payment: Candidates can obtain the prospectus-cum-application form and booklet of old question papers by using the online payment method. On receipt of payment, the same will be dispatched by Speed post only.
- The application forms issued by RIMC only shall be valid. Locally printed / Photocopied and without RIMC hologram (Seal) forms shall not be accepted. No refund of the application fee will be made on any condition.
- For Application, eligibility and other details visit http://www.rimc.gov.in/