Presidency University, Kolkata announces PG Admission Test (PUMDET) for Admission to PG Courses for Session 2021
PUMDET 2021 – Presidency University, Kolkata announces admission to various Post-Graduate Programs through the Common Entrance Test (PUMDET) for the academic session 2021-22. PUMDET will be conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) on August 14, 2021.
Candidates can submit an online application on or before April 21, 2021. Read ahead for more details on Presidency University PG Admission Test PUMDET 2021.
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) will conduct common entrance test PUMDET-2021 and counselling for admission into various two-year M.A./M.Sc. Postgraduate Courses in the Presidency University for 2021-22 academic session.
- The medium of admission tests will be English except for vernacular subjects like Hindi & Bengali.
- PUMDET 2021 is for admission to 2 years-Post Graduate Courses.
Candidates can apply for any one of the following papers for admission to 2-years M.A./M.Sc. Postgraduate Courses :-
- Humanities & Social Science
- Applied Economics
- Applied Geology
- Life Sciences
- Philosophy/ Sociology/Performing Arts
- Political Science
- Plant Biotechnology/Microbial Biotechnology
PUMDET 2021 Important Dates
- Start of online application (Tentative) :- 06th April 2021
- Last Date for submission of online application (Tentative) :- 21st April 2021
- Date of Examination: 14th August 2021 (Saturday)
Eligibility Criteria for PUMDET 2021
- Applicants must be a citizen of India.
- There is no upper or lower age limit.
Educational Qualifications :
- Candidates who have passed (not before 2020) or appearing B.A. (Hons) / B.Sc. (Hons) final examination in 2021 from any recognized University, are eligible to apply for and appear in PUMDET-2021.
- Candidates, who have appeared for their final B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) examination, but do not have their final results at the time of counselling, will have to mandatorily produce all original mark sheets/grade cards of all semester/annual exams passed at the Bachelor’s level. Such candidates must fulfill the academic eligibility norms for their applied course.
- Candidates, who have appeared for their final B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) examination, but do not have their final results at the time of counselling, will be given provisional admission, on the basis of production of their previous mark sheets/grade cards of all previous semester/annual examinations at their Bachelor’s level.
- However they must submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2021, demonstrating that they fulfill the minimum conditions of eligibility tabled below, failing which their admission will stand cancelled.
- Therefore the candidate must secure the minimum required percentage of marks/CGPA in Hons./major subject as per the following table in his/her B.A. (Hons) / B.Sc. (Hons) exam for final and confirmed admission.
PUMDET 2021 Application Process
- Candidates are required to use online application mode only.
- Application for the examination must be done online only. No printed application form is available.
- Ensure filling genuine application form available online at website www.wbjeeb.nic.in
Online application process follow:
- It is essential to have a mobile number and a unique email ID.
- Once the registration details i.e. name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender and date of Birth are entered and submitted.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature.
PUMDET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam – Offline mode
- Type of Questions – MCQ type
- Test Duration – 90 Minutes
- Number of Questions – 50 questions
- Number of Marks – 100 Marks
- Marking Scheme – Incorrect response will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks.
- Kolkata Central
- Kolkata – North
- Kolkata – South
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website