JNVST 2018 Class 9th Admission Test - Dates, Application
Navodaya Vidyalaya 9th Class Admission Test 2018-19 (Class-IX Lateral Entry)
JNVST 2018 Class 9th Admission Test - Navodaya Vidyalaya JNVST 9th Class Admission Test 2018- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (An Autonomous Organization Under Ministry of Human Resource Development Dept. of School Education & Literacy, Govt. of India) issued Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya 9th Class Admission Test for 2018-19 (Class-IX Lateral Entry) Notification to fill the vacant seats in 626 functional Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas spread over 28 States and 07 UTs through an All India level Admission Test
Eligible candidates can apply online through www.nvsadmissionclassnine.in from 01st March 2018 to 05th April 2018
Online Process Start From: 01st March 2018
Last Date of Submitting Online Application: 05th April 2018
Date of Selection Test: 19th May 2018
Also See : Latest Entrance Exam
- It is to inform that the Lateral Entry Test for admission of students to Class IX in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas will be held on 19th May 2018. The last date of submission of Application Form at JNV is 05th April 2018.
- As per the provisions of the Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each district. At present, there are 595 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya spread over 34 States and UTs in India
- In order to optimally utilize the infrastructure and facilities available in these Vidyalayas, it has been decided by the Samiti to fill the vacant seats in IX class through an All India level Selection Test. The District-wise vacant seats in the Vidyalayas are separately notified in local newspapers.
Objectives of the Scheme
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children from rural areas without regard to their family’s socio-economic condition
- To ensure that students attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula
- To serve in each district as focal point for improvement of quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities
Distribution of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
- At present, there are 626 functional Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas spread over 28 States and 07 UTs
Admission to Class IX against Vacant Seats
- In order to optimally utilize the infrastructure and facilities available in these Vidyalayas, it has been decided by the Samiti to fill the vacant seats in Class IX through an All India level Admission Test.
- Only those candidates who are studying/have studied Class VIII during the Academic Session 2017-18 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought, are eligible
- Candidate appearing for the admission test must qualify/ pass Class VIII in the academic session 2017-18 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission
- A candidate seeking admission must be born between 01st May 2002 and 30th April 2006 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the SC/ST
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the FOR ADMISSION IN CLASS IX Online applications may be submitted from 01st March 2018 (00:00 Hrs.)
- Candidate may refer to NVS Hqrs. Website www.nvshq.org or website of JNV candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of certificate produced by the candidate before the admission
Also See : JNVST 2018 Results
- Selection in the selection test will not vest any right upon candidate to secure admission into JNV till the candidate produces all the relevant certificates such as birth certificate, pass certificate of VIII class with mark sheets, SC/ST certificate, if any, as prescribed by NVS for the admission
- Details of the marks obtained in the test will not be communicated and there is no provision for re-checking/re-totaling.
- Candidates will be considered for the admission only into that Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for Selection Test.
- Date of Examination - Saturday 19th May 2018
- The time of duration 2 ½ hours (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM). However, in respect of candidates with special needs (Divyang), additional time of 30 minutes will be provided, subject to the production of certificates from the competent authority
- Centre for Exam Shall be the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA of the district concerned/ any other center allotted by NVS. If there is any change, the same will be indicated in the admit card.
- Medium of Language for Examination will be English/Hindi
- Students have to answer in OMR sheet
- Selection Test will consist of subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. Difficulty level of the test paper shall be of Class VIII
- English - 15 Marks
- Hindi - 15 Marks
- Maths - 35 Marks
- Science - 35 Marks
- Total - 100 Marks
- The test will be of objective type with 2 ½ hours duration without any break.
- Merit List will be announced as per the NVS selection criteria
- The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category as notified are reserved for the SC/ST students
- For vacancy position, website of NVS(HQ) may be referred.
- Online applications may be submitted through www.nvsadmissionclassnine.in from 01st March 2018. Last date to apply for Class-IX Lateral Entry test is 5th April 2018.
- Application Form duly completed in all respect must reach “the Office of the Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya” of the concerned district on or before Monday the 05th April 2018
- Duly filled in application forms must be sent through registered post A/D. If the candidate prefers to submit Application Form in person, he/she is advised to get the acknowledgement from the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- Applications may be submitted by accessing NVS website www.nvshq.org
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
(An Autonomous Organization Under Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education & Literacy, Govt. of India), Website www.nvshq.org