State Board of Technical Education and Training, Vijayawada notifies Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (AP POLYCET) 2021 for Admission to Diploma Courses in Engineering and Non Engineering Branches
AP POLYCET 2021 – The State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada will conduct “Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (POLYCET)” for the candidates seeking admission in to all Diploma Courses in Engineering / Non Engineering/Technology offered at Polytechnics / institutions (including Aided and Unaided Private Polytechnics / Institutions running as 2nd shift in Pvt. Engineering Colleges) in Andhra Pradesh State for the academic year 2021-22.
Interested candidates can check details of AP POLYCET 2021 from the page below.
AP POLYCET 2021 Important Dates
- Commencement of filing of online application : 26th July 2021
- Last date for sale of POLYCET booklet and filing of online application: 13th August 2021
- Date of conduct of POLYCET-2021 : 01st September 2021 (11:00 AM to 1:00PM)
- Tentative date of declaration of results : 11th September 2021
Eligibility Criteria for AP POLYCET 2021
- Candidate shall be an Indian National
- Candidates should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh as defined in G.O.(P).No. 646, Education (w) Dept., dated 10-07-1979 and its subsequent amendments.
- Candidates should have passed S.S.C. Examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board of Secondary Education, A.P / TS, such as Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE), Indian Council for Secondary Education(ICSE), National Institute of Open School (NIOS), A.P. Open School Society (APOSS), X class examination conducted by various State Boards of Secondary Education in India with Mathematics as one of the subjects, and obtained at least 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to NIOS/ APOSS/ CBSE/ ICSE/ OTHER Examinations recognized as equivalent to SSC by A.P. Govt. SHOULD HAVE PASSED ALL THE SUBJECTS including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, with minimum of 35% Marks in each subject.
- Candidates who appeared or are appearing for SSC or equivalent examination being held in March/April-2021, and whose results are yet to be declared can also appear for POLYCET 2021.
- There is no age restriction for appearing for POLYCET-2021. However, for the maximum eligible age for obtaining a scholarship, the guidelines prescribed in Memo No.10537/SW(Edn.2)/2011, and issued from time to time by the Social Welfare (Edn.) Department shall apply.
AP POLYCET 2021 Application Process
- For the convenience of the candidate, ONLINE filling of application for POLYCET-2021 is facilitated by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, A.P., Vijayawada.
- Students can approach any of the nearest Helpline centers (Polytechnics) or can upload applications through the website https://polycetap.nic.in.
Steps to Follow:
- Step 1 : Fill details in the Application Form
- Step 2 : Upload Photo & Signature
- Step 3 : Pay Application fee
- Step 4 : Download Hall Ticket
- Application fee : Rs. 400/-
- Mode of payment : Online through payment gateway
AP POLYCET 2021 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- The examination (POLYCET) will be of 2 hours duration consisting of only one paper as per the syllabus in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry of X Class (S.S.C.) Examination, March / April, 2021 as prescribed by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh.
- The Question paper consists of 120 questions with a choice of four responses for each question with only one correct response among them.
- 50 Questions in Mathematics for 50 Marks.
- 40 Questions in Physics for 40 Marks.
- 30 Questions in Chemistry for 30 Marks.
For more details and apply online visit the official website