AP POLYCET 2018 Notification, Eligibility, Dates
AP - Polytechnic Common Entrance Test 2018
AP POLYCET 2018 Notification released. The State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada will conduct "Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (POLYCET)"for the candidates seeking admission in to all Diploma Courses in Engineering /Non-Engineering/Technology offered at Polytechnics / institutions (including Aided and Unaided Private Polytechnics /Institutions running as 2nd shift in Pvt.Engineering Colleges) in Andhra Pradesh State for the academic year 2018-19
AP POLYCET 2018
- Andhra Pradesh Department of Technical Department invites Polytechnic Common Entrance Test 2018 for admission into Diploma Courses in Engineering and Non-Engineering in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Every candidate desirous of seeking admission into Engineering /Non-Engineering Diploma Courses can apply through online for AP POLYCET-2018.
Organization: SBTET, Hyderabad
Courses: U.G Program
Level: Andhra Pradesh State
Important Dates for AP POLYCET-2018
Commencement of filing of Online Application: 19th March 2018
Last Date to Submit the Application Form: 13th April 2018
Date of conduct of POLYCET-2018: 28th April 2018
Result Announcement: 2nd week of May 2018
Counselling begins: 4th week of June 2018
Also See : Latest Entrance Exam.
- The candidates appearing for AP POLYCET 2018 Exam, must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam, the eligibility criteria is mentioned in details below.
- Candidate shall be an Indian National
- Candidates should belong to Andhra Pradesh or should have passed from the schools located in AP. The candidate must have passed/appearing SSC Exam or equivalent can apply for the exam. The candidates who have passed with compartments in their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply
- A.P/TS such as CBSE, ICSE, NIOS, AP Open School Society (APOSS), 10th Class Exam conducted by various State Boards of Secondary Education in India with Mathematics as one of the subjects and obtained at least 35% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates belonging to NIOS/APOSS/CBSE/ICSE/OTHER Exams recognized as equivalent to SSC by AP Govt. should have passed all the subjects including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, with minimum of 35% Marks in each subject.
- The candidates should have completed the age of 15 years on 1st July of the year in which notification issued. There shall be no maximum age limit.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours
- The question paper will consist of 120 objective type questions
- Section-A: 01 to 60 for Mathematics
- Section-B: 61 to 90 for Physics
- Section-C: 91 to 120 for Chemistry
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers
- For correct response 1 mark will be awarded
- The question paper consists of questions based on the class 10th level, the question will be asked form Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry
- The minimum marks for declaring a candidate to have passed in the Entrance Exam shall be thirty percent i.e., 36 marks out of 120
- The syllabus of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry for POLYCET-2018 is the same as that of SSC Exam of March/April 2018 conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh
- Detailed information regarding eligibility, age and syllabi etc. are given in the “POLYCET-2018 Instructions-Booklet” which will be available along with the APPLICATION FORMAT and is available in http://sbtetap.gov.in)
- State Board of Technical Education & Training, AP, Vijayawada has made arrangements to file online applications at various AP online/Helpline centres/ through payment gate way
- The detailed list of these centres is available at http://sbtetap.gov.in website. In order to file application through these centers shall pay the examination fee Rs.350/- (Rupees Three hundred and fifty only) to the operator by the candidate
- The detailed procedure of filing up of the application form is available in the instructions booklet along with the Application Format
- Candidates are advised to read these instructions carefully before filing-up the Application duly filled in the application form is to be given to the Operator for filing Online
Registration Fee and Payment
- Candidates have to pay Rs.350/- through AP Online/M-SevaCenters in AP and also through Payment of Gateway (Credit Cards / Debit Cards / Net Banking)
- For more information visit the website http://sbtetap.gov.in
State Board of Technical Education & Training
(Govt of Andhra Pradesh, Dept. of Technical Education), State Board of Technical Education & Training, 7th Floor, B.R. K.R, Bhavan, Tankhund Road, Saifabad, Hyderabad-500063, Phone No.: 040-23221191, Email: [email protected] , Website https://polycetap.nic.in