GSET 2018 Notification - Gujarat State Eligibility Test
GSET 2018 - Gujarat State Eligibility Test
GSET 2018 Gujarat State Eligibility Test Notification- The Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Agency, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara has published notification for Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Examination 2018.
The Gujarat State Eligibility Test (Gujarat SET) for Assistant Professor to be conducted on 30th Sept. 2018 at six centres viz Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Patan and Bhavnagar in 23 subjects.
GSET 2018 Important Dates
- Starting of Fee Collection: 09th April 2018
- Last day for Fee Collection: 14th May 2018
- Starting of Online Registration: 09th April 2018 (Morning 11.00 hrs)
- Last day for Online Application Submission: 15th May 2018 (till - evening 06.00 hrs)
- Date of Examination: 30th September 2018
Also See : Latest Entrance Exams
Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) September 2018
- On behalf of the Gujarat State, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, the Nodal Agency announces holding of the 13th Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) on 30th September 2018 for determining the Eligibility of Gujarat state’s candidates for Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State.
- The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, State Agency will conduct GSET in 23 subjects at 11 Centres in Gujarat
GSET 2018 Subjects
- Mathematical Science, (02) Physical Science, (03) Chemical Science, (04) Life Science, (05) Hindi, (06) Gujarati, (07) Sanskrit, (08) History, (09) Sociology, (10) Economics, (11) Political, Science, (12) English, (13) Education, (14) Psychology, (15) Library and Information Sciences, (16) Law, (17) Commerce, (18) Management, (19) Computer Science and Applications, (20) Physical Education, (21) Philosophy, (22) Home Science, (23) Geography
GSET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master's degree
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for this Test
- The OBC belonging to non-creamy layer/SC/ST/PH/Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this Test
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year at the qualifying Master’s degree exam and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also apply for the Test
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor /Lectureship only after they have passed their Master’s degree exam or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates)
- Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree exam within two years from the date of declaration of result of GSET Exam with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified
- The PhD degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Exam
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master's degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
- Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test
- Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificate / documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form to Gujarat State Eligibility Test office, Vadodara. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET/UGC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, and they shall be liable for legal action
- There is no upper age limit
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc. (by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Examination. As per the UGC Rules
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/VH/OBC (Cast Certificate alongwith latest Non-Creamy Layer certificate) category must possess Valid Category Certificate and certificates related to PH / VH.
- Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test
- In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET / UGC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that Online Application Form and Exam Fee accepted, and Hall Ticket issued to a candidate will not imply that GSET Agency has accepted his/her candidature
- Their candidature will be deemed final only upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the claims made in their application, after the result of GSET Exam. In the event a candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason (including unintentional computer error or printer’s devil etc.), he / she will be declared as not-qualified in GSET Exam
- GSET Agency will not issue any mark sheet to qualified/not-qualified candidates. The GSET Agency will issue certificate to the qualifying candidates only on verification of the Eligibility Documents immediately after the result of the GSET Exam
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- Exemption from GSET will be as per decisions taken by the UGC and Government of Gujarat from time to time
- NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of assistant professors in Universities/Colleges/Institutions
- Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the “University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of PhD Degree), Regulation 2009, shall be exempt from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions"
- Candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET
For SET Candidates
- Candidates, who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor/Lectureship held prior to 01st June 2003, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India
- For SET held from 01st June 2003 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply
- The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as under:
- First-I: 100 - 50 out of which 50 questions to be attempted - 09.30 A.M. to 10.30 A.M.
- First-II: 200 - 10 questions all are compulsory - 11.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.
- Paper- I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate
- All the questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options)
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I and Paper – II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided.
- There are no negative marks for incorrect answers. There is no provision of re - evaluations of papers
GSET 2018 Syllabus
- Syllabus for GSET Examination will be the same as UGC/CSIR NET. Syllabi for all Gujarat SET (GSET) subjects can be downloaded from the GSET Website www.gujaratset.ac.in
- GSET Agency, Vadodara will not send the syllabus to individual candidates
- The thirteenth Gujarat SET will be held at centres viz. Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Patan, Bhavnagar, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Godhra, Junagadh, Valsad and Bhuj
GSET 2018 Hall Ticket
- It may be noted that the hall ticket will be uploaded on the website www.gujaratset.ac.in 7 days prior to Exam Day
- No hall ticket will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their hall ticket from the website to ascertain their venue of GSET Exam as mentioned in the Hall Ticket and appear in the exam only at the designated exam center
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the exam center other than that allotted to him/her in the Hall Ticket
GSET 2018 Application Form
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at GSET Website and also to be shortly published in the local newspapers.
- Candidates seeking admission to the Test must apply online through a link "Online Registration" available on the GSET website www.gujaratset.ac.in
- The candidates is required to download the Bank Challan Proforma from the link available on the page entitled "Online Registration for Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Lectureship" on GSET website and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of Corporation Bank, within the State of Gujarat and selected cities (Mumbai and Delhi) outside State of Gujarat, along with the Bank fee of Rs.25/-
- Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected
- Keep one copy with you and send one copy of Application form and GSET 's Copy of Bank Challan with Bank Seal along with following enclosures (whichever is applicable) in one 30 cm X 24 cm Envelope to Gujarat State Eligibility Test Agency office, Vadodara within the prescribed time limit
- Rs.800/- General/SEBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Candidates
- Rs.700/- SC/ST/PWD (PH/VH)/Transgender Candidates
Mode of Payment
- Candidate has to visit the State Bank of India website for fee payment
- Exam Fee can be paid only through online mode by Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card using SB Collect facility of State Bank of India at the following link on State Bank of India website https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm?corpID=880773.
- The detailed instruction for fee payment are available on our websitewww.gujaratset.ac.in
- Follow on screen instructions for payment of requisite fee and print examination fee receipt generated after successful transaction.
- Candidates should note down and preserve SB Collect Reference Number for online registration of their application form
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
(O) 0265 - 2786337, Email email@example.com, Website www.gujaratset.ac.in