Panjab University announces Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) 2021 for Admission to BHMCT and BTTM Programs
PUTHAT 2021 – University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM), Panjab University, Chandigarh invites applications for admission to four-year Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) program for the academic session 2021-22.
Interested candidates will be able to submit their application on or before 30th April 2021. Read the page below for the details on Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) 2021.
Courses Offered & Seat Matrix
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) – 60 + 06 NRI
- Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) – 30 + 03 NRI
PUTHAT 2021 Important Dates
- Application Form is available from: 30th Jun 2021
- Last date to submit the application form: 17th Jul 2021
- Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of SBI using e-challan: 20th Jul 2021
- Last date for deposit of fee through Online Mode: 20th Jul 2021
- Last date to upload photograph, signature with the remaining information on the website: 22nd Jul 2021
- Date by which Roll No. will be available online: 26th Jul 2021
- Last date for candidates who have not completed their form with late fees: 27th Jul 2021
- Final date by which Admit Card/Roll Nos. will be issued: 27th Jul 2021
- Date and Time of Entrance Test: 30th Jul 2021
- Uploading of Answer key and inviting objections: 31st Jul 2021
- Last day of submission of objections to the Answer key: 02nd Aug 2021
- Uploading of the response to the Objections and inviting Cross-objections: 03rd Aug 2021
- Last day of submission of Cross-objections to the Answer key: 05th Aug 2021
- Centre for the Entrance Test: Chandigarh Only
- Tentative date of declaration of result: 07th Aug 2021
- Date of Availability of admission forms: To be notified
Eligibility Criteria for PUTHAT 2021
- For more details check the below mentioned criteria for PUTHAT 2021
- Candidates must have passed class 12th from CBSE or its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council.
- The students should have obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate and English as one of the Compulsory Subjects.
- For SC/ST/BC/PwD Categories the students should have at least obtained 45% in aggregate and English as one of the Compulsory Subjects.
- Note: The candidates who have passed or have appeared in 10+2 Examinations conducted by Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are ineligible to appear to apply for PUTHAT-2021, as this institution has been derecognized by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
PUTHAT 2021 Application Process
- The application form for PUTHAT 2021 is available in online mode only at the official website https://www.puthat.puchd.ac.in/
- The students have to first get registered before filling in the form, only after which they can proceed to fill in other necessary information in the PUTHAT 2021 Application Form
- General Category – Rs. 2175/-
- SC/ST/PwD Category – Rs.1088/-
PUTHAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: Offline mode
- Types of Question: MCQs
- Marking Scheme: 01 mark will be awarded for each correct answer
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks deducted from every wrong answer
- Time Duration: 90 minutes
- Medium: The medium of the test will be in English Language only
Number of Questions
- English Aptitude – 30
- Current Affairs and General Awareness – 20
- Reasoning Ability – 20
- Hospitality Industry Awareness – 30
- The subjects are (i) English Aptitude; (ii) Current Affairs and General Awareness (iii) Reasoning Ability (iv) Hospitality Industry Awareness
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website