Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test PUTHAT 2019, Dates, Application
Panjab University announces Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) 2019 for BHMCT / BTTM (4 Year) Programs
Panjab University PUTHAT 2019 - University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM), Panjab University, Chandigarh invites admission application for four-year program for the academic session 2019-20.
Panjab University PUTHAT
- Panjab University Chandigarh conducts Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) at University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM)
- The University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM) (Earlier known as University Institute of Hotel Management and Tourism OR UIHMT) is an upcoming premier institute of Panjab University, which is offering education, training, research and consultancy in the field of hospitality, tourism, travel and allied sectors.
Panjab University PUTHAT 2019 Important Dates
- Online application starts: 05th March 2019
- Last date of submission to generate challan: 04th April 2019
- Last date to upload a photograph, signature with the remaining information on the website: 10th April 2019
- Downloading of admit card: 16th April 2019
- PUTHAT exam date: 10th May 2019
- Declaration of result: 27th May 2019
Dates for 1st counseling
- General Category: 27th June 2019
- Reserved and additional category: 28th June 2019
Date for the 2nd counseling
- General Category: 05th July 2019 at 9.30 am
- Reserved and additional category: 05th July 2019 11.30 am
The UIHTM offers Four Year Program in:
- BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
- BTTM (Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management)
The admission to both the above courses will be on the basis of the Merit of Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) to be conducted by Panjab University
No. of Seats Offered
- BHMCT Bachelor of Hotel Mgt. & Catering Technology (Four Year Program) - 60 + 06 NRI
- BTTM (Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management) - 30 + 03 NRI
- The admission to both the above courses will be on the basis of the Merit of Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) to be conducted by Panjab University
- One girl child out of the only two girl children;
- Cancer, AIDS and Thalassemia patient;
- Wards of Kashmiri Displaced Persons;
- Rural Area Students;
- Border Area Students;
- Youth Festival
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab University for BHMCT / BTTM Admission 2019
- The PUTHAT shall be open to all such candidates who have passed (up to the academic session 2017-18) in the 10+2 Exam Of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent Exam Conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council with not less than 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD Categories) in the aggregate and English as one of the Compulsory Subjects.
- Eligibility of a candidate will be provisional at every stage of the admission process. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure his/her eligibility and fulfillment of various conditions for admission as prescribed in the rules/regulations of Panjab University.
- Admission will be cancelled at any stage in case the candidate is not found eligible, even subsequently.
- Candidates who have passed/appeared in 10+2 Exams of Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are ineligible to appear in PUTHAT-2018, as this institution has been de recognized by Panjab University, Chandigarh
- The Exams conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Delhi, included in the booklet of recognized exams, have also been deleted from the Booklet.
Panjab University PUTHAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- The paper for PUTHAT will consist of 100 questions of one mark each. Total time allocated to the paper will be 90 minutes. The medium of exam shall be English only. There shall be negative marking i.e., 25% marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The distribution of marks for the respective components of testing would be as:
- English Aptitude - 30 Questions
- Current Affairs and General Awareness â€“ 20 Questions
- Reasoning Ability - 20 Questions
- Hospitality Industry Awareness - 30 Questions
Note: The merit list of candidates appearing for PUTHAT shall be prepared on the basis of marks secured in the PUTHAT only.
Panjab University PUTHAT 2019 Application Process
- Register Online in PUTHAT website https://puthat.puchd.ac.in
- Read Prospectus carefully
- Register Online. [last date for registration: 04th April 2019 (Friday)]
- Note down your login ID and Password
- Download SBI Slip and pay fee in any SBI branch of India
- Login and upload scanned photograph, signature, fill other important information and Save and Confirm
- Downloading you Admit Card
- If more than 24 Hrs. have passed after depositing the fee in bank and your journal number is not confirmed, write to firstname.lastname@example.org with scanned copy of bank slip
- Candidates who will avail the concession in fee under the category SC/ST OR PU Class B/C Regular Employee must send the copy of printout of their filled form along with the self-attested copy of Category Certificate/Proforma for claiming 50% concession to P.U. Regular Employees ("B" and "C" Class) duly signed by Head/Chairperson, to Assistant Registrar, CET Cell, Aruna Ranjit Chandra Hall, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014 by registered post/speed post or by hand
Entrance Test Fee:
- General Category: Rs. 2175/-
- SC/ST/PwD Category: Rs. 1088/-
Panjab University (PU), Chandigarh
UIHTM(Earlier known as University Institute of Hotel Management and Tourism or UIHMT), (Estd. under the Panjab University Act VII of 1947- Enacted by the Govt. of India) Chandigarh-160014, Tel 0172-2541969, Email email@example.com Website www.uihmt.puchd.ac.in