PGIMER BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019 for Admission, Dates, Application
PGIMER announces B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2019 for B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years) and B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) courses admission
PGIMER BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019 - PGIMER Chandigarh invites applications on the prescribed form from eligible candidates for following B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years) and B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) Courses for the academic session 2019.
Admission to all courses is made once a year. The session for B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) and B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) shall commence from 1st September of each year.
- B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years) Program (only for female candidates)
- B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) - 2 years Program
Important Dates for PGIMER BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019
- Date of registration of application form for downloading of challan form: 11th June 2019
- Last date for submission of online application form: 10th July 2019
- Entrance exam can be held by 11th August 2019 at 10.00 am
- Result declaration: 13th August 2019 at 11.00 am
- Counselling can be organized by 19th August 2019 at 11.00 am
No. of Seats for B.Sc. Nursing Course
- B.Sc. Nursing (4 years): 93 Seats [Gen - 47, SC - 14, ST - 07, OBC - 25 & PWD - 03]
- B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic): 62 Seats [Gen - 22, SC - 07, ST - 04, OBC - 14 for PGI Staff - 15 & PWD-02]
- The no. of seats mentioned for PWD will be adjusted against the category to which he/she belongs; the candidates having disability to the tune of 40% to 50% of lower extremity declared by authorized Medical Board of the State Govt./Govt. of India or any other Competent Authority authorized in this regard by the Govt. having Nursing expert as a member of the Board only to be considered.
Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019
For B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) - only for Female Candidates
- The minimum educational requirement shall be 10+2 examination passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or any other exam as equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates appearing in +2 examinations in April-May 2019, can also apply for the course, but they will be issued Admit card/Roll numbers only if they submit the certificates/marks sheet from the respective Boards of their having passed the +2 exams to the Principal, NINE by 10 days before the commencement of the entrance exam.
- Eligibility criteria may be checked in the prospectus which is available on the PGI website i.e. www.pgimer.edu.in
- Not more than 25 years and not less than 17 years on 01st September 2019 i.e. those born after 01st Sept.-2002 and before 01st Sept. 1994 are not eligible.
For B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or any other examination equivalent thereto:
- Candidates must have passed General Nursing and Midwifery with minimum of 50% aggregate
- Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife qualified from a recognized Institute & registered with respective State Nursing Council as approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC) or substitute registration in case of male candidates fully qualified for nursing of men, women and children.
- Not more than 45 years on 01st September 2019 i.e. those born before 01st September 1974 are not eligible. The age relaxation as per rules will be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories.
- Candidates are required to take the print out of the filled online application form and route their applications along with necessary documents through the employer.
- The online application form will be treated as an advance copy.
- The selection will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates in the respective merit lists of entrance test.
- The minimum marks required for the selection will be 50% for candidates belonging to General category including foreign candidates and 45% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC & PWD.
- In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh shall be final.
- If two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the entrance examination for admission to B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years)/B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) courses, then their inter-se-merit for admission to the course shall be determined on the basis of the following:
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing the qualifying exam, (10+2/GNM) will rank junior to a candidate who has made lesser attempts
- If the attempts made in passing qualifying exam (10+2/GNM) are also the same, then a candidate who has higher marks in the said exam will rank senior to a candidate who has obtained lower marks
- If the attempts made in passing the said exams and the marks obtained in the examinations are also the same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to the candidate who is a junior in age.
- Medical fitness will be pre-condition for registration for all candidates; the candidates will be medically examined by a Medical Board, constituted by the Institute for the purpose to determine their medical fitness.
- Written test is of objective type and in English language on the following subjects as given below:
- Note: Question paper will consist of 100 questions of objective type with a single correct response out of four options. Negative marking (0.25) will be done for wrong answers.
B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years)
- Chemistry - 25 No. of Questions & 25 Marks
- Physics - 25 No. of Questions & 25 Marks
- Biology - 25 No. of Questions & 25 Marks
- English - 15 No. of Questions & 15 Marks
- General knowledge / Current affairs - 10 No. of Questions & 10 Marks
- Total - 100 No. of Questions & 100 Marks
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
- Scientific Principles Applied/In Nursing Practice & Trends in Nsg – 10 No. of Questions & 10 Marks
- Medical Surgical Nursing (including Anatomy and Physiology) – 20 No. of Questions & 20 Marks
- Child Health Nursing - 15 No. of Questions & 15 Marks
- Community Health Nursing including Nutrition - 15 No. of Questions & 15 Marks
- Obstetric Nursing and Midwifery - 15 No. of Questions & 15 Marks
- Mental Health Nursing - 15 No. of Questions & 15 Marks
- General Knowledge - 10 No. of Questions & 10 Marks
- Total - 100 No. of Questions & 100 Marks
PGIMER BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019 Application Process
- You are required to apply online through PGIMER, Chandigarh Website www.pgimer.edu.in. No other means /mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted.
- Firstly, ensure that you have a valid personal email ID. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying Online.
- Candidates should keep checking the inbox or even the spam box of this email id regularly during the Admission process as PGIMER may send intimations related to admissions etc. through this.
- You will be required to submit the following with application. Please keep them ready before you submit the application:
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) Certificate (If applicable)
- No Objection certificate (applicable for In-Service Candidates)
- All other certificates in support of education etc. Scan your Photograph and Signatures (On white page) individually and save them individually in JPEG format; the size of any of these individual images should not exceed 50-kb each; otherwise you will not be able to submit your online application.
- Also scan your Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/PWD), No Objection Certificate (whichever is applicable) individually and save them individually in single page PDF format.
- Applications of the above mentioned categories along with requisite certificates must reach the office of The Principal, National Institute of Nursing Education, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh-160012 (for B.Sc. Nursing courses) and Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh-160012 (for B.Sc. Paramedical courses), at least 10 days before the commencement of the Entrance Exam.
- Fee: SC/ST Candidates: Rs. 800/-
- For all other Categories: Rs. 1000/-
- PwBD Candidates: Exempted for payment of Application/Exam Fee
- All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees through online payment gateway available at B.Sc. Nursing application portal. The candidates can deposit the fee w.e.f. 11th June 2019 and last date for the same on 10th July 2019.
For applications and other details go to our website www.pgimer.edu.in
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh (National Institute of Nursing Education), PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh-160012, Tel.: 0172-2755257, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.pgimer.edu.in