ICAR AIEEA PG 2020 , Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application, Pattern
ICAR AIEEA PG 2020 Notification for Admission to Master Degree Programmes
ICAR AIEEA PG 2020 - The Indian Council of Agricultural Research ICAR AIEEA PG 2020 . ICAR’s All India Entrance Exam for Admission to Master Degree Programmes has been released.
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has entrusted the responsibility of conducting All India Entrance Exams for admission to PG Courses in AUs, and award of scholarships and fellowships to the NTA from 2020 onwards.
For more details on the important dates, the eligibility, the overview, the application fees, the mode of payment and more, check the page below:
ICAR-AIEEA PG 2020
- Students for 25% seats in accredited Master degree programmes in accredited colleges of accredited AUs’ are admitted through ICAR-AIEEA (PG). All (100%) seats of the four ICAR-DUs namely, Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) and Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE) are also filled up through the same exam.
- ICAR-AIEEA (PG)-2020 Exam for the academic session 2020-21 will be conducted at 87 cities (Annexure-I) all over the country enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission in Master degree programmes in AUs in different disciplines of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Veterinary, Animal Sciences, Agri. Engineering, Community Science (erstwhile Home Science), Fisheries, Dairy Science and other allied sciences. ICAR (PG) Scholarship for postgraduate studies namely, ICAR (PG) Scholarship, shall be awarded to 600 candidates based on merit in this exam as per their overall merit-rank and seat availability in different disciplines
- The remaining admitted students will be awarded NTS (PGS).
Major Subject Groups and Sub-Subjects for Degree Programs
- Master Degrees are awarded by Agricultural Universities in about 95 sub-subjects under 20 major subject groups (Annexure-III). Candidate should select one major subject-group among the following for appearing in the Entrance Exam, based on the compatibility with his/her own subject area at his/her graduation level.
See: Entrance Exam Dates
ICAR AIEEA PG 2020 Important Dates
- Schedule for important exam related activities have been given in below. However, candidates are requested to keep themselves updated about the schedule through NTA and ICAR websites www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in and www.icar.org.in.
- Online Submission of Application Form : 1st March, 2020
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form : 31st March, 2020
- Downloading of e-Admit Cards from NTA Website: 25th April, 2020
- Date of Examination (UG): September 23, 2020
- Duration of Exam:150 minutes (2½ hours)
- Timing of Exam: 09:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Centre, Date & Shift of Exam: As indicated on the e-Admit Card
- Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys on NTA website: To be communicated on NTA website later
- Submission of Challenges on NTA website: To be communicated on NTA website later
- Updation of result/marks of qualifying Exam (in case of appearing candidates): To be communicated on NTA website later
- Declaration of Result on ICAR Website: By 15th June, 2020
- Schedule for Online Counselling: To be announced by the ICAR separately
Eligibility Criteria for ICAR AIEEA PG 2020
General Eligibility Criteria to appear in ICAR-AIEEA (PG) 2020
- Candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements for the exam as well as admission as detailed in the Information Bulletin. Applying for ICAR AIEEA (PG) 2019, appearing in the exam and qualifying the same does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility.
- The applicant for a particular Subject must satisfy the eligibility criterion as specified in this Information Bulletin (or its amendments / corrections).
- Filling of ICAR quota seats in PG programmes in Agricultural Universities through NTA Entrance Exam will not be allowed for non-accredited programmes, colleges and the Universities.
- Candidate should also note that for admission to Master’s degree programmes through entrance exam conducted by NTA, only the candidates having passed graduation with four/six (10+6 B.Sc. Ag.)/five years’ (B.V.Sc. & AH) degree programme from any recognized University will be eligible. Candidates passed out from private Agricultural Universities/Colleges not accredited by ICAR will not be considered for admission through this exam
- The candidates with a Bachelor’s degree with 3 years’ duration will not be considered for admission through ICAR AIEEA (PG) 2019 in AUs under ICAR-AU system except in two ICAR DUs, viz. IARI, NDRI for which the eligibility criteria of the concerned ICAR-DU, including admission of graduates having passed with 3 years’ degree, would prevail for admission.
- The Candidate must have passed Bachelor degree exam securing Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 6.60/10.00 in ten-point scale, 3.25/5.00 in five-point scale, 2.60/4.00 in four-point scale for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/Person with Disability (PwD) candidates, the said requirement is an OGPA of at least 5.60/10.00, 2.75/5.00, 2.20/4.40, respectively.
- For admission in M.V.Sc., candidates must have completed B.V.Sc. & A.H. with internship before the date of admission in the allotted university
- Candidate must fulfill the eligibility conditions as indicated above. They are generally eligible for pursuing Master Degree in the subject in which they have passed their graduation.
- For admission in Master degree courses under ICAR-AU system, candidate must have four years Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Fisheries Science, Home Science etc., after 10+2 or equivalent or 10+6 exam. Candidate should also note that for admission to Master’s degree programmes through entrance exam conducted by ICAR, only the candidates having passed graduation with four years’ degree programme from any recognized University will be eligible.
- Though four/five (B.V.Sc.&A.H.)/six (10+6) years Bachelor degree is a compulsory requirement for admission to
- Master degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Veterinary sciences but IARI Pusa and NDRI Karnal may admit three-years B.Sc. degree holders in certain subjects.
- Indian Nationals not below 19 years as on 31st August 2019 (i.e., candidate should not have been born after 01st September 2000) are eligible to appear in the exam. No relaxation is permissible regarding the minimum age limit.
ICAR AIEEA PG 2020 Exam Scheme
- The test of ICAR-AIEEA (PG) 2020 has a single paper of 2½ hours duration. Details of the test are given below:
- Mode of Exam: LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Duration: 150 minutes (2½ hours)
- Number of Questions: 160
Type of Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Scoring: 4 for each correct response; -1 for each incorrect response (negative scoring); 0 for non-attempt
- Medium of Paper: English only
ICAR AIEEA PG 2020 Syllabus
- The Question Papers for the test shall be based on the Syllabus prescribed by the ICAR, is available at website www.icar.org.in or https://www.icar.org.in/content/syllabus-aieea-ug-aieea-pg-and-aicejrfsrfpgs-2019.
ICAR AIEEA PG 2020 Exam Centres
- A list of Exam City Centres is given in Annexure–I.
- While applying, candidates must select four Exam City Centres in order of their preference. Since the seating capacity at each centre is limited, they will be considered for the allotment of the exam city centres based upon first come-first serve basis.
ICAR AIEEA PG 2020 Application Process
- NTA is the exam conducting body and its scope is limited to conducting the exam and providing the raw scores to ICAR. Candidates must note that all applicants shall be bound by the conditions as laid down in this Information Bulletin, and the rules and regulations as enshrined in the admitting University Act, Statutes, Ordinances, notifications and guidelines issued from time to time.
- The online submission of Application Form for ICAR-AIEEA (PG)-2020 , uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at website www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in. The candidates should complete all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details and the required fee, a Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated. Candidates are required to take a printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for future reference.
- Before filling and submitting the Online Application Form, candidates should download the Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form; and read them carefully. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Application Forms not complying with the instructions are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates must keep the following information ready before filling online Application Form:
- Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt Ids.
- Address for communication, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Bank Account details for payment of Fee, for uploading as part of the submission of online application.
Four Steps to Complete the Application Process
- Application Form may be submitted in four simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No. for future reference
- Step 2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step 3: Make payment of fee using a suitable mode of payment through the bank as per details are given in this section and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step 4: Print at least three copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
- The entire application process is online. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA or ICAR through Post/ Fax/By Hand.
Mode and Method of Payment of Fee
- Application Fee payable by the Candidates of Various Categories:
- General/Unreserved, OBC-NCL* & UPS**/EWS** Rs.1000/-
- SC/ST, PwD and Transgender Rs.550/-
- Applicable Service/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate
- Other Backward Classes-Non-Creamy Layer as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in
ICAR AIEEA PG 2020 Admit Card
- The e-Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- The candidate has to download the e-Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f. 25th April, 2020 onwards and appear for the Exam at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their e-Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the exam center, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their e-Admit Card.
- In case candidates are unable to download e-Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 05:00 pm from 25th April, 2020.
Declaration of Result
- Overall merit-rank list shall be prepared separately for every major subject-group. In the event of candidates getting equal marks in the Entrance exam, relative merit will be determined on the basis of OGPA/ % of marks as applicable obtained in the qualifying Bachelor degree exam
- The result of the ICAR AIEEA (PG) 2020 is likely to be declared by 15th June, 2020 and will be placed on ICAR website www.icar.org.in