ICAR AIEEA UG 2019, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application, Pattern
ICAR AIEEA (UG) 2019 Notification and Dates
ICAR AIEEA UG 2019 - The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) AIEEA UG 2019 ICAR’s All India Entrance Examination for Admission to Bachelor Degree Programmes has been released.
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has entrusted the responsibility of conducting All India Entrance Examinations for admission to UG Courses in AUs, and award of scholarships and fellowships to the NTA from 2019 onwards.
For more details on the important dates, the eligibility, the overview, the application fees, the mode of payment and more, check the page below.
ICAR AIEEA UG 2019
- In 2019, All India Entrance Exam for Admission (AIEEA)-UG shall be conducted for admission to Bachelor Degree Programs in Agriculture and allied sciences (other than veterinary sciences), at Agricultural Universities on 15% of the University seats (100% seats in RLB CAU Jhansi, NDRI Karnal and Dr. RP CAU Pusa, Bihar).
- Further, not more than 40% candidates from any one state shall be admitted in any agricultural university/subject.
- The ICAR’s 24th AIEEA (UG) 2019 Exam for the academic session 2019-20 will be conducted at 87 cities (Annexure-I) all over the country, enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission in Bachelor degree programs in accredited AUs, Colleges and programmes in different disciplines.
- Candidates qualified for counselling will be considered for allocation of subject and the Agricultural University. There is no provision of direct nomination for admission through ICAR in any Bachelor degree Program without qualifying in ICAR-AIEEA (UG).
Degree Programs Available
- Degree Programs available for Admission to be attempted in Entrance Test Exam
- During academic session 2019-20, admission to 11 Bachelor Degree Programs of four years duration in the subjects enlisted in Annexure III is available to Indian Nationals based on the merit-rank in ICAR AIEEA UG 2019.
- Candidates may note that all undergraduate degrees in the disciplines of Agricultural Sciences have been declared as professional degrees.
No. of Seats
- University-Wise and Subject–Wise Number of Seats Available for Admission
- The number of ICAR seats available for admission through ICAR-AIEEA (UG) in different disciplines at accredited Agricultural Universities for the academic session 2019-20 will be displayed on website www.icar.org.in at the time of counselling.
ICAR AIEEA UG 2019 Important Dates
Schedule for important exam related activities have been given in below. However, candidates are requested to keep themselves updated about the schedule through NTA and ICAR websites www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in and www.icar.org.in.
- Online Submission of Application Form
(upto 11:50 pm of 30th April 2019): 01st April to 30th April 2019extended to 8th May 2019
- Last Date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking upto 11:50 pm through e-challan upto bank hours of
01st May 2019extended to 9th May 2019
- Online Correction in particulars of Application Form (on website only) (No corrections shall be allowed after 14th May 2019):
07th & 14th May 2019extended to 13th May 2019 to 20th May 2019
- Downloading of e-Admit Cards from NTA Website:
05th June 2019extended to 19th June 2019
- Date of Examination (UG): 01st July 2019
- Duration of Exam:150 minutes (2½ hours)
- Timing of Exam: 09:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Centre, Date & Shift of Exam: As indicated on the e-Admit Card
- Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys on NTA website: To be communicated on NTA website later
- Submission of Challenges on NTA website: To be communicated on NTA website later
- Updation of result/marks of qualifying Exam (in case of appearing candidates): To be communicated on NTA website later
- Declaration of Result on ICAR Website: By 17th July 2019
- Schedule for Online Counselling: To be announced by the ICAR separately
See: Entrance Exam Dates
Eligibility Criteria for ICAR AIEEA UG 2019
General Eligibility Criteria to appear in ICAR-AIEEA (UG)-2019
- The eligibility qualifications for various degree programmes with the list of subjects is enlisted at Annexure-IV.
Qualifying Examination at 10+2 Level
- In order to appear in ICAR-AIEEA (UG) 2019, candidates must have passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination within scope and standard found to be equivalent to the Senior Secondary Examination of a recognised Indian Board/University with minimum prescribed marks/grade (Annexure V), after a period of 12 years of study. The medium of instruction in admitting University will be English.
- Candidate must have passed any one of the qualifying examinations enumerated above securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC (NCL), UPS, EWS categories and 40% marks in aggregate for SC, ST, Transgender, PwD categories. There will be no rounding-off of the OGPA/percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded off to 50%.
- Candidate having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible unless proof of having cleared the examination with requisite percentage as above is available.
- Candidate already appeared in the qualifying examination enumerated above, can also apply but would be required to submit evidence of having satisfied the conditions latest by the counselling.
- Candidate must ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility requirements for the examination as well as an admission as detailed in the Information Bulletin. Applying for ICAR-AIEEA (UG) 2019, appearing in the examination and qualifying the same does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility.
- Indian Nationals of at least 16 years of age as on 31st August 2019 are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
ICAR AIEEA UG 2019 Application Process
- NTA is the examination conducting body and its scope is limited to conducting the examination and providing the raw scores to ICAR. Candidates must note that all applicants shall be bound by the conditions as laid down in this Information Bulletin, and the rules and regulations as enshrined in the admitting University Act, Statutes, Ordinances, notifications and guidelines issued from time to time.
- The online submission of Application Form for ICAR-AIEEA (UG)-2019, uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at website www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in. The candidates should complete all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details and the required fee, a Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated. Candidates are required to take a printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for future reference.
- Before filling and submitting the Online Application Form, candidates should download the Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form; and read them carefully. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Application Forms not complying with the instructions are liable to be rejected.
Candidates must keep the following information ready before filling online Application Form:
- Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt Ids.
- Address for communication, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Bank Account details for payment of Fee, for uploading as part of the submission of online application.
Four Steps to Complete the Application Process
- Application Form may be submitted in four simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No. for future reference
- Step 2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step 3: Make payment of fee using a suitable mode of payment through the bank as per details are given in this section and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step 4: Print at least three copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
- The entire application process is online. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA or ICAR through Post/ Fax/By Hand.
Mode and Method of Payment of Fee
- Application Fee payable by the Candidates of Various Categories:
- General/Unreserved, OBC-NCL* & UPS**/EWS** Rs.700/-
- SC/ST, PwD and Transgender Rs.350/-
- Applicable Service/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate
- Other Backward Classes-Non-Creamy Layer as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in
ICAR AIEEA UG 2019 e-Admit Card
- The e-Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- The candidate has to download the e-Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f. 05th June 2019 onwards and appear for the Exam at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their e-Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the exam center, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their e-Admit Card.
- In case candidates are unable to download e-Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 05:00 pm from 05th June 2019 to 30th June 2019.
ICAR-AIEEA UG 2019 Exam Centres
- A list of Examination City Centres is given in Annexure–I.
- While applying, candidates must select four Exam City Centres in order of their preference. Since the seating capacity at each centre is limited, they will be considered for the allotment of the exam city centres based upon first come-first serve basis.