FRI Dehradun MSc Forestry Admission Test 2018
FRI MSc Entrance Exam 2018 for M.Sc. Courses
Forest Research Institute (Deemed) University Dehradun announces admission for M.Sc. Courses at FRI (Deemed) University for 2018 session
M.Sc. Forestry Admission Test 2018 will be held at 12 centres in the country on 17th May 2018 (Sunday) for the following courses:
1. M.Sc Forestry (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals)
2. M.Sc Wood Science & Tech (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals)
3. M.Sc Environment Mgmt (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals)
4. M.Sc Cellulose & Paper Technology (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 20 (for Indian)
Issue of Application Forms: 22nd January 2018
Last Date for Issue of Application Forms by Post: 26th March 2018
Last Date for Issue of Application Forms 30th March 2018
Last Date for Receiving Completed Application Forms: 6th April 2018
Date of Admission Test: 20th May 2018
a) M.Sc Forestry: Three years bachelor’s degree in science with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry
b) M.Sc Wood Science & Technology: Three years Bachelor’s degree with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry or B.Sc. degree in Forestry
c) M.Sc Environment Management: Three years Bachelor’s degree in any branch of basic or applied Sciences or Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or Agriculture or BE/B.Tech in Environment Science.
d) M.Sc Cellulose & Paper Technology: Three years Bachelors degree in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects or BE/B.Tech (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering); the 2nd year of this course is likely to be conducted at Central Pulp & Paper Research Institute (CPPRI), Saharanpur
Percentage of Marks (in the qualifying exam): For (a) (b) (c) & (d) Candidates having 50% or above marks in general category and 45% marks for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes may apply
Age Limit for In-service Candidate
- In-service candidate to M.Sc Environment Management course shall be 50 years;
- the age shall be reckoned as on 31st July of the year of admission
- For admission to M.Sc courses shall be 19 and 21 years respectively
- the age shall be reckoned as on 31st July and no further relaxation will be given to the candidate
Out of the above, following seats are reserved for:
(a) SC/ST: 15% and 7.5% respectively;
(b) Reservation to OBC: will be provided as per the policy of GOI;
(c) Handicapped (without mobility restriction & partial deafness): One seat in two courses M.Sc Forestry, M.Sc Environment Management;
(d) ICFRE Employee: 5 seats in M.Sc Environment Management
Centre of Exam
(1) Dehra Dun (2) Jabalpur (3) Bangalore (4) Kolkata (5) Chandigarh (6) Delhi (7) Lucknow (8) Jodhpur (9) Shimla (10) Ranchi (11) Coimbatore and (12) Jorhat
- Information Bulletin and application form can be obtained by post by submitting a Bank Draft for Rs.1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only) payable at Dehradun in favour of Registrar, FRI (Deemed) University, P.O.I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun-248195
- Application Forms will also be available from the counter of the Union Bank of India (FRI Branch, Dehra Dun). For details please refer to “Information Bulletin” 2018.
- A candidate who wants to apply for two or more courses has to fill up separate form fee @ Rs. 1200/- for each course.
- Information Bulletin/Application forms may also be downloaded from the website www.fridu.edu.in
For more details, visit the website: www.fridu.edu.in
Forest Research Institute (ICFRE, Dehradun)
P.O. New Forest, Dehradun, Uttrakhand-248001 (India), Phone: +91 135275267, FAX: +91-2756865
Email: [email protected], Website: www.fridu.edu.in
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more Latest Entrance Exam.