Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2019 Notification, Application, Dates
Common Entrance Test (B.Ed. CET) 2019 for admission into the NCTE Recognized B.Ed. Program
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2019 Notification - A Common Entrance Test was conducted by Dibrugarh University to provisionally selected candidates for admission into the B.Ed. Program offered in different institutions and the Department of Education under Dibrugarh University for the academic year 2019-20.
See: B.Ed Admissions
Dept. / Institutions
The B.Ed. Program of Dibrugarh University is recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). At present the B.Ed. Program is offered by the following institutions affiliated to recognized by Dibrugarh University:
(1.) Dept. of Education, Dibrugarh University; (2) Govt. Post Graduate Training College, Jorhat; (3) Lakhimpur P.G.T. College, Lakhimpur; (4) College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia; (5) KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat; (6) College of Teacher Education, Golaghat; (7) Namrup College of Teacher Education, Namrup; (8) Dhemaji PGT College, Dhemaji; (9) Bihpuria Post Graduate Training College, Bihpuria; (10) Digboi B.Ed. College, Digboi; (11) Parijat Academy Teacher Education Institution, Dibrugarh; (12) College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana; (13) Sibsagar College of Teachers’ Education, Joysagar; (14.) DIET, Lakhimpur, Azad (15.) North Eastern Institute of Management Science, Jorhat
- Two year (August 2019 to July 2021): Four Semesters
- Eligibility criteria for admission to the B.Ed. Program of Dibrugarh University shall be as follows:
- Candidate with at least 50% marks (in Aggregate) either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/Humanities; OR Bachelor’s in Egg/Technology of Dibrugarh University, or any other University recognized by Dibrugarh University with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible
- A candidate securing 50% marks or more in the Honours/Major subject but less than 50% in aggregate in all the courses/papers of the Bachelor’s degree will not be eligible for admission to B.Ed. Program, as the requirement is 50% marks in the aggregate
Relaxation: In the eligibility criteria, a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks shall be provided to the candidates: (a) belonging to the SC/ ST/OBC/MOBC/ PWD categories or (b) having a minimum of 5 (five) years teaching experience in a school recognized at least up to the 10th standard by the Board of Secondary Education, Assam.
There will be statutory reservation under various categories as follows:
SC - 07%; ST (P) - 10%; ST (H) - 05%; OBC/MOBC - 15%; Physically challenged - 03% (those who are very negligibly disabled by visual deficiency and the like shall not be eligible for consideration under this category)
The Selection for B.Ed. Program in any institution under Dibrugarh University will be based on the following:
- A Common Entrance Test (CET) to be conducted centrally, which will carry a maximum of 70 marks.
- The career performance will carry a maximum of 30 marks, on the basis of the percentage secured in the HSLC, HS, the First Degree and/or Master’s Degree Exam.
- 10% of the percentage of marks secured in HSLC, HS, Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree Exam shall be considered as career performance in each exam
- Note: Candidates, who cleared the B.Ed. CET, 2019, shall have to apply for admission into the institution of their choice. The concerned institutions will select the candidates for admission on the basis of their marks in the CET and Career Performance
Format for the B.Ed. CET 2019
- The Entrance Test shall carry a total of 70 marks consisting of Multiple Choice
Questions (MCQ) on the following areas:
- General English (15)*
- General Knowledge (20)
- Test of Reasoning (15)
- Numerical ability (10)
- Teaching Aptitude (10)
The test will be of 1 hour 30 minutes duration from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh
- Govt. Post graduate Training College, Jorhat
- KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat
- College of Teacher Education, Golaghat
- Lakhimpur P.GT College, North Lakhimpur
- Dhemaji PGT College, Dhemaji
- College of Teacher education, Tinsukia
- College of teacher education, Dhakuakhana
- Sibsagar College of Teacher Education, Sibsagar
- Online Application portal activates on: 10th May 2019
- Last date for submission of the online application: 10th June 2019
- Date of the B.Ed CET 2019: 30th June 2019
- Date of declaration of result: by 15th July 2019
- Completion of admission process: 31st July 2019
- Commencement of classes: 01th August 2019
Online Registration for submission of Application will be started on 10th May 2019. Application for B.Ed. CET 2019 will be through online mode only. No other means of application will be accepted
Please download the Application Form along with the Information Brochure, Admit Card and the Copy of the prescribed Bank Challan, which shall be available in the Dibrugarh University website (www.dibru.ac.in) from 10th May 2019 and fill up with all details carefully.
The applicant shall have to pay the B.Ed. CET Fee of Rs.700/- only through the online payment gateway by using Debit (ATM) Card/Credit Card/ Internet Banking during the submission of form. No other mode of payment is acceptable
However, the Office will not be responsible for late postal delivery
Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh
Office of the Deputy Registrar (Academic) & Member Secretary, B.Ed CET Cell-2018 Dibrugarh University Dibrugarh, Assam-786004, Website www.dibru.ac.in