IISER Tirupati PhD Admission 2019, Eligibility, Application, Dates
Indian Institute of Science Education & Research IISER PhD Program (January 2019)
IISER Tirupati PhD Admission 2019 - Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati, has released notification for admission to PhD in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics and associated interdisciplinary areas of research for the academic year 2019
Also See : Phd Admissions 2018
- IISER Tirupati is the sixth Institute in the chain of IISERs being established by the Govt. of India under the Ministry of HRD for imparting quality education in basic sciences and set up state-of-art research facilities for front line and cutting-edge research in science
- Please note that the precise eligibility criteria for January 2019 admissions may vary from Dept. to Dept. and are given below. Information about individual faculty profiles and areas of research can be obtained from the IISER Tirupati website.
- The broad areas of research in each department in which applications are invited include the following:
- Biology: Biophysics, Neurobiology, Plant biology, Ecology and evolution, Cancer biology & Immunology, Genome Biology, Chemical Biology, Infectious disease.
- Chemistry: Organic Chemistry, In- Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Material Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry/Chemical Biology
- Physics: Experimental Physics related to Ion- Trap- based experiments, Gas- phae molecular ions, Laboratory astrophysics and Soft Matter, Microfluidics and Complex fluids.
IISER Tirupati PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Opening Date of Online Application: 25th October 2018
- Closing Date of Online Application Form: 20th November 2018
- Interview Dates (Tentative): 13th to 16th December 2018
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Tirupati PhD Admission 2019
- Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 5.5 out of 10-point scale in master's degree in any branch of Science Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biological Sciences/Ecological Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/ Psychology or any equivalent degree
- Candidates with B.E. / B.Tech/ M.Tech/ M.VSc or MBBS degree satisfying the above criteria of marks can also apply.
- Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 5.5 out of 10-point scale in master's degree in any branch of Science: Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology or any equivalent degree. Candidates with B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharm/M.E/M.Tech/M.Pharm degree satisfying the above criteria of marks can also apply.
- Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 5.5 out of 10-point scale in master's degree in any branch of Science: Physics/Astronomy & Astrophysics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology / Material Science/Electronics B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech. or any equivalent degree.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Biology: GEEBILS 2017 exam or DBT-JRF-A / ICMR-JRF / DBT-BINC / ARS-NET (ICAR); or for CSIR-LS rank-holders, up to rank 200 are eligible and; for DAE-JEST/GATE rank-holders, up to rank 600 (GATE Life Sciences) are eligible. No cut-off for GATE Ecology.
- Chemistry: JEST/GATE/GPAT qualified
- Physics: JEST or GATE qualified in Physics
- The candidate MUST have:
- Qualified at least ONE of the above mentioned additional eligibility criteria (OR) A valid CSIR/UGC-JRF or CSIR/UGC NET-LS (Date of examination should be June 2016 or later) or INSPIRE-Ph.D. fellowship
- Note: IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree having CGPA >= 8.0 are exempted from additional criteria as per institute norms.
- The fellowships/scores/ranks must be valid at least till January 2019. Please note that the admission criteria can change during the next round of admission.
SC/ST, PD and KM candidates Percentage may be relaxed with 5% or 0.5 in case of CGPA.
- Applicantâ€™s age should not exceed more than 28 years at the time of joining. However, the relaxation in age will be considered as per the Govt. of India regulations.
Selection Process for IISER Tirupati PhD Admission 2019
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and final selection is based on interview performance.
- The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) to shortlist candidates for interviews.
- Upon selection and subsequently joining the PhD Program, candidates who do not possess any CSIR, DBT and INSPIRE, will be eligible for institute fellowship at par with CSIR, DBT etc., but without HRA component.
IISER Tirupati PhD Admission 2019 Application Form
- Only online applications will be accepted. The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date
- Applicants should complete the online application form by going to the following link: https://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/admissions/iphd/
- After the last date, all applications will be screened, and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before 20th November 2018. Applications will be screened, and shortlisted candidates will be intimated further through emails only. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- For more detail visit website www.iisertirupati.ac.in
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Tirupati, C/o Sree Rama Engineering College (Transit Campus), Rami Reddy Nagar, Karakambadi Road, Mangalam (P.O.) Tirupati -517507, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA, Phone No.: +91 (0877) 2500 400 Email: email@example.com, Website www.iisertirupati.ac.in