Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar PhD Program Admission 2022 – Eligibility, Dates, Application and Selection Process
IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar invites application for admission to PhD program offered in various disciplines for the Academic Year 2022-23
Interested candidates can check details such as eligibility criteria, application process, important dates, etc for IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2022 from the page below.
IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2022
PhD Program Offers
- PhD in Engineering : Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- PhD in Sciences : Chemistry; Physics; Mathematics
- PhD in Humanities & Social Sciences : Humanities and Social Sciences
PhD Program Category
- Regular PhD
- PhD External
- Direct PhD
- Part-Time PhD
- PhD for Staff Members
IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Last Date to Submission of Application Form : 20th April 2022
- Date of written test/ Interviews : To be announced
IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- For PhD in Engineering: M.Tech./M.E/M.S. (or equivalent qualification) in the respective department (or equivalent degree) with 60% marks (or 6.5-grade point out of 10) (55% marks for SC/ST) or Exceptional candidates with B. Tech/B.E degree in computer science and engineering or related area with valid GATE score.
- For PhD in Sciences: Master’s or equivalent degree in Physics/ Maths/ Chemistry or relevant subject / B. Tech. in Engineering Physics with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or MTech in relevant areas.
- Candidates should also have a Valid GATE / UGC NET/ JRF/ DST-Inspire Fellowship Scorecard.
- For PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences: Master’s degree in Economics, English Literature, Philosophy, and Sociology with 55% (or 6.0-grade point out of 10) OR Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Engineering from any of the IITs/NITs or any other ‘Institute of National Importance’ with a minimum of 55% (or 6 grade points out of 10)
- Candidates should also have a Valid GATE / UGC / CSIR NET or equivalent examination DST-Inspire Fellowship Scorecard.
IIT Ropar PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the official website www.iitrpr.ac.in
- The candidates are desirous to seek admission to be required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and relevant information is available on the University website.
- For GEN/ OBC Candidates : Rs.200/-
- For Women/ SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates : Rs.100/-
- Mode of Fee Payment : Through Online mode
- Selection will be based on a written test & Interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website