IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai announces Admission to PhD Program 2019-20 (Winter session)
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2019 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bhilai invites applications from highly motivated and the brightest students of the country for admission to Full-time/Part-time/External PhD Programs in 2019-20 (Winter-Semester) starting in December 2019.
- IIT Bhilai is an institute of national importance declared as such under the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act 2016 to provide for education and research in various branches of Engineering, Technology, Science, and the Arts.
IIT Bhilai Offers Doctoral Programs (PhD) in various departments
- PhD Program in the department of Chemistry (CY), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electrical Engineering (EE), Mathematics (MA), Mechanical Engineering (ME) and Physics (PH), Liberal Arts
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start date for application (online only): 01st October 2019 (10:00 Hrs IST)
- Last date for submitting online application form and completing the payment: 25th October 2019 (17:00 Hrs IST)
- Entrance Tests and Interviews
- Computer Science and Engineering: 03rd December 2019
- Chemistry: 03rd December 2019
- Electrical Engineering: 03rd December 2019
- Liberal Arts: 03rd December 2019
- Mathematics: 04th December 2019
- Mechanical Engineering: 04th December 2019
- Physic: 04th December 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2019
Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with a minimum of first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with a minimum of first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Master’s degree in science, arts or equivalent degree, with a minimum of first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
Applicants must also fulfil ONE of the following additional requirements.
- Valid GATE Score /NET.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR/DST/SERB or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience. The experience gained while acquiring Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or experience acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the start of the semester in which admission is sought may be considered as professional experience.
- BTech from IIT with a CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more
- An ongoing degree may also be considered as a qualifying degree provided the applicant graduates before the PhD program starts.
- Department specific requirements are given in department specific criteria
- Chemistry: GATE Score in CY/CH/XE if applicable
- Computer Science and Engineering: GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH if applicable.
- Electrical Engineering: GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ MA/ PH/ XE if applicable
- Liberal Arts: MUST have qualified NET/ UGC JRF (Psychology/English/Economics) or ICMR JRF (Social Sciences).
- Mathematics: MUST have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Mathematical Sciences or GATE in MA/ST or JRF in NBHM/DST-INSPIRE
- Mechanical Engineering: GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE if applicable
- Physics: Gate Score in PH/EE/ME/XE if applicable
Categories for PhD Admission
- Sponsored PhD Programs: An applicant who meets the eligibility criteria may apply for admission to the PhD program under sponsored category if he/she is either awardee of research fellowship from some recognized funding agency (CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR etc. or DST INSPIRE Fellowship) or is sponsored by his/her employer or is ready to self-sponsor himself/herself for the duration of PhD tenure. A certificate/declaration of sponsorship from the sponsoring body must be submitted by the applicant at the time of applying for admission.
Sponsored candidate needs to apply as one of the following:
- Full-time: A sponsored applicant may apply for admission to the PhD program as sponsored full-time students. Such a student needs to be present on the campus for the duration of PhD as per the rules of IIT Bhilai.
- Part-time: Professionally employed personnel such as working engineers, scientists and teachers who can, while employed, attend regular classes as per schedule of IIT Bhilai may apply for admission to the PhD program as sponsored part-time student. The applicant must be an employee of a recognized organization and be engaged in professional work in the area to which admission is sought. The student must be available in person for discussion/meeting with the supervisor on a regular basis. The applicant shall give an undertaking endorsed by the employer that the applicant will be relieved to attend all classes.
- External: An applicant working in industry / academic establishment / research laboratories having R&D facilities may apply for admission to the PhD program as an external applicant. Such a student is expected to carry out all/major part of the research work in the organization employing the student. The employer must explicitly undertake to relieve the applicant for staying on the campus to complete the required course work. A certificate to that effect from the sponsoring organization must be provided by the applicant at the time of applying for admission. The student will be under joint supervision of a supervisor from IIT Bhilai and one from his/her parent organization. The applicant shall provide the CV of the prospective supervisor who would supervise the applicant's work at his/her organization. Such applicants may apply as full-time or part-time scholar.
- External Full-time: An external full-time student needs to be involved in full-time research at the organization employing the student.
- External Part-time: An external part-time student may be involved in his/her regular job assignments along with the research for PhD.
- Reservations are applicable for applicants in other Backward Class-Non-Creamy layer (OBC-NCL)/ Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with benchmark disability (PwD) / Economically weaker section (EWS) category, as per Government of India rules. Necessary supporting documents must be attached to avail such reservation during online application and the same will be verified at the time of admission.
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2019 Applications Process
- Applicants must read the instructions given in the brochure carefully before filling up the application form.
- Applicants must fill out the online application form available at https://www.iitbhilai.ac.in/index.php?pid=adm_phd_new. There is NO need to send hardcopy of the application forms.
- Separate application form is to be filled if applicants are applying in more than one discipline.
- Applicants should complete the application form in all respects. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants called for written test/interview should bring with them
- Photo ID Card,
- Printed copy of the application submitted online,
- Thesis / dissertation / report / publications,
- All Original certificates and mark-sheets.
- Payment of application fee has to be made through State Bank Collect only. Candidate to visit SBI Collect, for fees payment, first select the appropriate category and then (PhD Application Fee). After making payment, SBI Collect will generate payment reference number (viz. DU12345678), candidate has to retain a copy of sbi i-collect receipt for any future reference.
Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai, GEC Campus Sejbahar, Raipur-492015, Chhattisgarh, Tel. 0771-2973602, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.iitbhilai.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India