Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai announces Admission to PhD Program 2019-20-M session
IIT Bhilai PhD Admissions 2019 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bhilai invites applications from highly motivated and the brightest students of the country for admission to Full-time/Part-time/External PhD Programs in 2018-19-M-Semester starting in July 2018
Also See : Phd Admission 2019
IIT Bhilai is an institute of national importance declared as such under the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act 2016 to provide for education and research in various branches of Engineering, Technology, Science, and Arts
IIT Bhilai Offers Doctoral Programs (PhD) in various departments
- PhD Program in the departments of Chemistry (CY), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electrical Engineering (EE), Mathematics (MA), Mechanical Engineering (ME) and Physics (PH), Liberal Arts
IIT Bhilai PhD Admissions 2019 Important Dates
- Start date for application (online only): March 18, 2019 (10:00 Hrs IST)
- Last date for submitting online application form and completing the payment: April 15, 2019 (17:00 Hrs IST)
- Written test and interview):
- Computer Science and Engineering: May 27, 2019
- Chemistry: May 27, 2019
- Electrical Engineering: May 28, 2019
- Liberal Arts: May 28, 2019
- Mathematics: May 29, 2019
- Mechanical Engineering: May 29, 2019
- Physics: May 30, 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Bhilai PhD Admissions 2019
Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with first class or 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with first class or 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Master’s degree in science or equivalent degree, with first class or 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements:
- Valid GATE/NET Score/Qualification (as per department specific criteria)
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR or DST Inspire Fellowship.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience. The experience gained while acquiring Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or experience acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought may be considered as professional experience
- CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more for B Tech from an IIT.
Note: An ongoing degree may also be considered as a qualifying degree provided the applicant graduates before the PhD program starts. Department specific requirements are given in department specific criteria
- Chemistry: MUST have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Chemical Sciences or GATE in CY/CH/XE
- Computer Science and Engineering: GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH if applicable.
- Electrical Engineering: GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ MA/ PH/ XE if applicable
- Liberal Arts: MUST have qualified NET in Psychology/ JRF UGC (Psychology))/ JRF ICMR (Social Sciences)
- Mathematics: MUST have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Mathematical Sciences or GATE in MA/ST or JRF in NBHM/DST-INSPIRE
- Mechanical Engineering: GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE if applicable
- Physics: MUST have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Physical Sciences or GATE in PH/EE
Categories for PhD Admission
Applicant meeting the eligibility criteria may apply for admission to the PhD program under any of the following categories.
- Regular: An applicant who meets the eligibility criteria may apply for the admission to PhD program as a regular student. Such an applicant has to be a full-time scholar at IIT Bhilai and needs to be present on the campus for the duration of PhD program as per the rules of IIT Bhilai. A regular student receives Institute Fellowship as per the norms defined by MHRD.
- Sponsored PhD Programs: An applicant who meets the eligibility criteria may apply for admission to the PhD program under sponsored category if he/she is either awardee of research fellowship from some recognized funding agency (CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR etc. or DST INSPIRE Fellowship) or is sponsored by his/her employer or is ready to self-sponsor himself/herself for the duration of PhD tenure. A certificate/declaration of sponsorship from the sponsoring body must be submitted by the applicant at the time of applying for admission. Sponsored candidate DOES NOT receive institute fellowship.
Sponsored candidate needs to apply as one of the following:
- Full-time: A sponsored applicant may apply for admission to PhD program as sponsored full-time student. Such a student needs to be present on the campus for the duration of PhD as per the rules of IIT Bhilai.
- Part-time: Professionally employed personnel such as working engineers, scientists and teachers who can, while employed, attend regular classes as per schedule of IIT Bhilai may apply for admission to PhD program as sponsored part-time student. The applicant must be an employee of a recognized organization and be engaged in professional work in the area to which admission is sought. The student must be available in person for discussion/meeting with the supervisor on a regular basis. The applicant shall give an undertaking endorsed by the employer that the applicant will be relieved to attend all classes.
- External: An applicant working in industry / academic establishment / research laboratories having R&D facilities may apply for admission to PhD program as external applicant. Such a student is expected to carry out all/major part of the research work in the organization employing the student. The employer must explicitly undertake to relieve the applicant for staying on the campus to complete the required course work. A certificate to that effect from the sponsoring organization must be provided by the applicant at the time of applying for admission. The student will be under joint supervision of a supervisor from IIT Bhilai and one from his/her parent organization. The applicant shall provide the CV of the prospective supervisor who would supervise the applicant's work at his/her organization. Such applicants may apply as full-time or part-time scholar.
- External Full-time: An external full-time student needs to be involved in full-time research at the organization employing the student.
- External Part-time: An external part-time student may be involved in his/her regular job assignments along with the research for PhD.
- Reservations are applicable for applicants in other Backward Class-Non-Creamy layer (OBC-NC)/ Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with benchmark disability (PwD) category, as per Government of India rules
The caste certificate must be submitted at the time of admission
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applicants must fill out the online application form available at www.iitbhilai.ac.in
- There is no need to send hard copy of the application forms. Separate application form is to be filled if applicants are applying in more than one department
- Applicants should complete the application form in all respects. Incomplete application will not be considered. Applicants called for written test/interview should bring the following with them
- Photo ID Card,
- Printed copy of the application submitted online,
- Thesis / dissertation / report / publications,
- Original certificates and marksheets
- SC/ST/PwD* category candidates: Rs.100/-
- All other candidates: Rs.200/-
- Payment of application fee has to be made through State Bank Collect only. After making the payment, SBI Collect will generate DU reference number (viz. DU12345678). This reference number will be required for adding the fee payment details.
For more information visit the website www.iitbhilai.ac.in
Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai, GEC Campus Sejbahar, Raipur-492015, Chhattisgarh, Tel. 0771-2973602, Website www.iitbhilai.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India