Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai announces Admission to PhD Program for July 2021 Session
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai invites applications for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in various Departments of Engineering, Technology, Science, and Arts for the academic session commencing in July 2021.
Interested candidates can submit their applications on or before April 15, 2020. Read ahead for details such as application process, important dates, fee and more for IIT Bhilai PhD Program Admission 2021 from the page below
PhD Program offered
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Electrical Engineering
- Liberal Arts
- Mechanical Engineering
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start date for application (online only) :- 05th April 2021
- Last date for submitting online application form and completing the payment :- 05th May 2021
Entrance tests and interviews :
- Computer Science and Engineering :- 14th June 2021
- Chemistry :- 15th June 2021
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence :- 16th June 2021
- Electrical Engineering :- 15th June 2021
- Liberal Arts :- 15th June 2021
- Mathematics :- 14th June 2021
- Mechanical Engineering :- 16th June 2021
- Physics :- 16th June 2021
Categories for PhD Admission
- Sponsored PhD Programs
- External Full-time
- External Part-time
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2021
Applicants must have One of the following in appropriate subject areas.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Master’s degree in science, arts, social sciences, or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
Applicants must also fulfil ONE of the following additional requirements.
- Valid GATE Score /NET.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience. The experience gained while acquiring a Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or experience acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought may be considered as professional experience.
- BTech from IIT with a CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more.
IIT Bhilai PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through IIT Bhilai website https://www.iitbhilai.ac.in/
- After filling the details, an Application Number will be generated.
- Candidates should note down the Application Number.
- Please note that you have to upload your testimonials wherever it is required to validate your information along with your digital photograph and signature.
- After final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data. This application print may be retained with you for future requirements.
- Application fee of 100 INR is applicable for SC/ST/PwD/female candidates and 200 INR is applicable for other candidates.
Mode of Payment
- Payment of application fee has to be made through State Bank Collect only. Candidate to visit SBI Collect, for fees payment and select PhD Application Fee as per the appropriate category.
- The candidate has to clearly mention the application id in the correct format(Eg: ME-101) while filling-up SBI collect challan for payment.
- After making payment, SBI Collect will generate payment reference number (viz. DU12345678), candidate has to retain a copy of sbi i-collect receipt for any future reference.
- Selection will be based on Entrance tests and interviews.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website