Goa University announces Admission to PhD Program for July 2022 Session, Apply Now
Goa University PhD Admission 2022 – Goa University announces the conduct of the GOA UNIVERSITY-PH.D. ENTRANCE TEST (GUPET) JULY 2022 to qualify for admission to the various PhD Programs offered for the academic session 2022
Goa University PhD Admission 2022
PhD Program Offered
- Ph.D. in English; French; Portuguese; Hindi; Konkani; Marathi; History; Political Science; Sociology; Philosophy; International Relations; Women’s Studies; Biotechnology; Botany; Microbiology; Zoology; Marine Science; Earth Science; Marine Microbiology; Chemistry; Biochemistry; Physics; Electronics; Mathematics; Commerce; Economics; Management; Computer Science; Law; Music; Pharmacy; Education; Civil Engineering; Electrical & Electronics Engineering; Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Geography
- Commencement of online application : 20th July 2022
- Last Date for applying online : 29th July 2022
- Conduct of Goa University Ph.D. Entrance Test (GU-PET) : 17th & 18th August 2022
Eligibility Criteria for Goa University PhD Admission 2022
- Candidates who have obtained a Master’s Degree or a Professional Degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate, or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 point scale
- A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be given for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy Layer)/Persons with Disabilities and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time
- The subject of research shall be that which relates to the main branch/ branches of knowledge chosen by the candidate for the Post-graduate Degree.
- Admission to the Ph.D. Programme for the March 2022 session is open to the following candidates:
- Candidates who have qualified in the Examinations of apex bodies such as CSIR-UGC/UGC NET JRF/lectureship, SET/SLET/JEST/ICAR-NET Examination of different Indian States/ GATE with a valid certificate, those having DST Inspire fellowship, or those awarded M.Phil. Degree as per the UGC Guidelines.
- Students who have completed M. Phil by distance mode are not eligible.
- Candidates are required to apply on online on the GUMS Portal by visiting the following link:-
- Official Website Link- https://www.unigoa.ac.in/
- Required documents to be uploaded at the time of submitting the online application.
- Applicants are eligible to apply for a maximum of three Programmes.
- Candidates are required to check/confirm the correctness of the information entered before paying and submitting their application. Application fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- General Category/OBC : Rs. 600/ per subject/Programme
- SC/ST : Rs. 300/ per Subject/Programme
- Persons with Disabilities : Nil
- Mode of payment : Through online mode
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Program, a weightage of 70% shall be given for the Entrance Test and 30% to the performance in the Interview/Viva-Voce. A Candidate shall be required to score a minimum of 50% marks at the Interview.
Scheme of GU-PET 2022
- (i) 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) carrying 2 marks each
- (ii) Shall be different for candidates of Faculties of Science and for Faculties of Languages, Humanities, Commerce, Management Studies, Social Sciences, Law, Education and Music.
- (iii) There shall be no Negative marking.
- Syllabus : On the lines of CSIR-UGC NET examination
- Marks 100
- Duration : 2:00 hours
Paper II (subject specific)
- Duration : 3:00 hours
- Section A
- i. MCQs carrying 1 mark each.
- ii. There shall be no Negative marking.
- Marks : 50
- Section B
- i. Descriptive Questions
- ii. There shall be internal choice
- Marks: 50
- Paper II shall be as per the syllabus for CSIR-UGC/ UGC NET examinations.
- i. In interdisciplinary Programmes such as Marine Science, Paper II shall be set in the respective subject specialization of the candidates. Each candidate is permitted to answer questions only from the respective specialisation.
- ii. Syllabus of subjects of Botany, Zoology, Microbiology and Biotechnology under the Faculty of Life Sciences are notified herewith.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2022
- Admission Notification and Dates 2022
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications 2022