Goa University M.Phil. and Ph.D. Admission 2019
Goa University announce Admission to M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes July/August 2019
Goa University M.Phil. & Ph.D. Admission 2019 - Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to M.Phil & Ph.D Programmes for the session July/August 2019.
Also See : M.Phil Admissions
- Date of Notification for Admission: 25th July 2019
- Last Date for submission of application online: 12th August 2019
- Date for Goa University Ph.D Entrance Test(GU-PET): 20th & 21st August 2019
- Conduct of Interview for exempted Candidates (i.e.JRF/NET/SET): 24th August 2019
- Result of GU-PET: 27th August 2019
- Conduct of Interview for GU-PET qualified Candidates: 29th August 2019
- Declaration of list of Candidates eligible for Registration: 10th September 2019
- Last date for payment of fees by selected candidates: 20th September 2019
Also See : Phd Admissions
- A candidate who has obtained a Master's Degree or a professional Degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate, or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), or an equivalent Degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible to register for the Ph.D. Degree.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be given for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated Programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- The subject of research shall be that which relates to the main branch/ branches of knowledge chosen by the candidate for the post-graduate Degree. However, a candidate wishing to conduct research in a subject of an interdisciplinary character shall also be eligible for registration. The applications of such candidates shall be considered by following the procedure set out under OA-19A.2(v).
- Candidates of Goa University whose M.Phil Dissertation has been evaluated and Viva is pending, shall be eligible to apply for the Ph.D. Programme.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
Also See : Latest Entrance Exams
- Candidates who have qualified in the examinations of apex bodies such as CSIR-UGC/UGC NET JRF/ lectureship, SET/SLET examination of different Indian States/ GATE with a valid certificate, or regular M.Phil. Degree holders admitted on the basis of Entrance Examination and interview shall be exempted from appearing for the Entrance Test.
- Such candidates shall be eligible to appear for an interview in the concerned Department.
- All the candidates who are qualified in the M. Phil/Ph.D. Entrance Test conducted by this University held in the month of July/August 2019
Also See : Admission Notifications
- For General Category/OBC: Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST: Rs. 300/-
- Applicants are requested to visit www.unigoa.ac.in and submit application form online.
- For details please refer Ordinance OA-19A of Goa University (available on University website) applicable from the academic year 2017-18. Those who are applying for M.Phil. programme are requested to refer Ordinance OB-12 of Goa University available on University website.
Admission Procedure For Foreign Students
- It is as per OA-19A.2A Admission Procedure for Foreign Students:
- For assistance contact, Assistant Registrar (Post Graduate Section), Goa University Tel: (0832) 8669609021, 8669609065 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Goa University, Taleigao, Goa – 403206, website www.unigoa.ac.in