NIT Rourkela PhD Admission 2019-20, Dates, Eligibility, Application
National Institute of Technology Rourkela announces Admission to PhD Program for 2019-20 Spring Semester
NIT Rourkela PhD Admission 2019-20 - Applications are invited online from eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D Program of the Institute in Spring Semester 2019-20 commencing from January, 2020
Admissions will be given preferably to the applicants who are eligible for Institute fellowship or have qualified for external fellowships. However, admission may also be considered without fellowship. Students with external fellowship like JRF-NET are especially encouraged to apply.
PhD Program offered in Engineering, Science, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences
NIT Rourkela PhD Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Application form will be available in the Institute website for online submission: 22nd November 2019 to 08th December 2019
- Receipt of Print-out and DD/BC by post 16th December 2019
- Publication of result of scrutiny in the website (announcement section): 20th December 2019
- Test and/ Interview (Venue – NIT, Rourkela): 24th December 2019
- Publication of result of Interview in the website: 30ty December 2019
- Admission (Physical presence of candidate is required): 06th January 2020
- Semester Registration: 08th January 2020
- Starting of Class / Research work: 09th January 2020
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Department & Area of Research
- Biotechnology and Medical Engineering: Medical Electronics & Instrumentation, Biomaterials & Tissue Engineering, Cell & Molecular Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, Agriculture & Environmental Engineering, Biomechanics & Bio-transport
- Civil Engineering: Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Structural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering: All the conventional areas under Chemical Engineering, Energy & Environmental Engineering, Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering, Nano Science & Technology, Smart Materials and Sensing, Mathematical Applications & Analysis in Engineering, Data Based Process Design and Analysis (Analytics)
- Ceramic Engineering: Electro-ceramics, Ceramics in Energy Sector, Structural/Functional Materials, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials, Design & Failure Analysis of Ceramics
- Computer Science & Engineering: All specializations of Computer Science & Engineering
- Chemistry: Inorganic, Organic, Physical, Materials, BioInorganic, Organometallic, Biophysical Chemistry, Nano Science, Environmental, Computational and Theoretical Chemistry, Solid State, Biochemistry
- Electronics & Communication Engineering: RF, Microwave & Antenna, VLSI & Embedded Systems, Signal & Image Processing, Instrumentation & Control, Microwave & Radar Engineering, Wireless Communication, Analog IC Design, Sensor Interfacing Circuits, Biomedical Circuits & Instrumentation
- Electrical Engineering: Power System Engineering, Power Electronics & Drives, Control and Automation, Electronics Systems and Communication, Energy Science, Computer Science Engineering, Nanotechnology
- Earth and Atmospheric Science: Geology, Geophysics, Atmospheric & Ocean Sciences
- Food Process Engineering: Transport Process and Kinetics, Food Quality & Safety, Post-Harvest Operations, Food Packaging and Storage Engineering, Product Development and Ingredients Innovation
- Humanities & Social Sciences: Economics, English, Sociology/Anthropology, Psychology, Sanskrit, Developmental Studies
- Industrial Design: Product Design, Ergonomics Design, Manufacturing, Vibration, Noise Control, Meta-material, Acoustics, CAD, Human Simulation, Bio-Mechanics, Occupational Health & Safety, Human Factors, Geometric Modelling.
- Life Science: All areas of Biological Science/Life Science
- Mathematics: Numerical Analysis, Algebra, Number Theory, Fluid Dynamics, Differential Equation, Stochastic Process, Statistics, Functional Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical, Machine Design, Production/ Thermal, Cryogenic, Mechatronics, Robotics, Mechanical Vibrations, Automobile, Manufacturing, Industrial Management, Aerospace, Aeronautical Engineering, Composites, Tribology, Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer
- Metallurgical & Materials: Engineering MM Physical Metallurgy & Nano-materials
- Mining Engineering: All specialization of Mining Engineering
- Planning and Architecture: Urban & Regional Planning, Housing, Urban Design, Neighborhood Planning
- Physics and Astronomy: Astro-physics, Semiconductor, Soft Matter, Condensed Matter ( Theory ), High Energy Physics ( Theory )
- School of Management: SM HR, Marketing, Operations Management & Finance
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Rourkela PhD Admission 2019-20
- The minimum qualification required for admission to Ph. D programs in Engineering, Science, Planning & Architecture, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences is one of the following:
- M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or 1st class in both B.Tech. (or M.Sc./B.Pharm/ MCA or equivalent) and M.Tech. levels from a recognized Technical Institute or University.
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 percent marks.
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in relevant disciplines. For applicants with valid GATE/NET/GPAT score, requirement may be relaxed upto 0.5 CGPA or 5% marks.
- M.B.B.S./B.V.Sc. with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks or 1st class.
- Further, candidates having the following qualification can also apply for Ph. D in Management and Humanities & Social Sciences:
- M.A. / MBA / M.Com. / M. Sc. in Humanities and Social Sciences or Management with 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or 1st class.
- In addition to the above eligibility criteria (based on B. Tech., M.Sc., MBA, MA, M. Com., M. Tech., and M. Pharm., etc. examinations), the following additional criteria will also be applicable:-
- A candidate should score minimum 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA or 1st class throughout career to be eligible for admission to Ph. D program. The DRC, however, may make one exception (marks <60% or Grade < 6.5/10) at its discretion from among the results of 10th, +2, BA, B.Sc., Diploma etc. (except qualifying degree) if the candidate has qualified GATE/NET/GPAT or other national level fellowship tests like DST-INSPIRE, RGNF etc.
- For admission to Engineering and Science disciplines (except Life Science), a candidate should have passed Mathematics in +2 Science.
- Science students admitted to Ph. D program in Engineering need Mathematics in +3 level. Students without Mathematics in +3 level may be admitted under the condition that they will have to register for 16 credits of 100 and 200 level Mathematics and 100 level Computer Science courses (Theory and Practical) in addition to their normal course requirement, and secure at least C grade in each course.
- A student should have passed Life Science or Biological Science either in +2 or +3 level for admission to Ph. D in Life Science department.
- Students without adequate background in the primary discipline will be required to have 10% extra marks (1.0 CGPA) to qualify over students with specialization in a primary discipline, unless explicitly exempted by the Senate.
- Selection will be made on the basis of academic record, relevance of qualification, candidate’s research interest, existing research programs and facilities of the departments, and performance of the candidate in written tests and/or interviews. Therefore, merely attending a tests and/or an interview does not guarantee admission.
- Institute Fellowships are available to the Ph. D students of all the departments. Prevailing rate of fellowship is given in the following table, which is likely to be revised upward:
- Ph.D Eligibility: M. Tech. / M. Pharm / M. Arch. / M.Des. / MD / MS / MDS / M. V. Sc. (or) B. Tech. / B. Arch. / B. Des. / B. Pharm. / MBBS / B. V. Sc. / BDS /M.Sc. / MA / M.Com / MBA / MCA with a valid GATE/ NET/GPAT score
- However, fellowship will not be awarded to candidates above 32 years of age for Ph. D (35 years for SC/ST and women candidates) on the date of admission. This restriction shall not apply to fellowships awarded by external agencies or sponsored projects.
- Admission fee (One time) Rs.2500/-
- Tuition fee Rs.7500/- [ Nil for SC/ST students]
- Other fees (Exam., Library, Electricity etc.) Rs.3000/-
- Student activity fee Rs.2000/-
- Hostel Seat Rent Rs.5000/-
- Medical fee Rs.2000/-
- Caution Money (One time) (Refundable if program is completed) Rs.10000/-
- Hall Establishment fee Rs.5000/-
- Mess Advance Rs.19500/-
- Total Fees: Rs.56,500/- (Rs. 49,000/- for SC/ST students)
NIT Rourkela PhD Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit their online application at http://eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in.
- Read this advertisement and the instructions to fill up the online application form given in the online portal carefully,
- Fill up and submit the online application form accordingly, and Prepare Demand Draft / Banker’s Cheque drawn in favor of “Director, NIT Rourkela” and payable in any bank in Rourkela for application fee of Rs.500/-. Payment through the online application portal is not available currently. Please fill up details of DD in the application form while submitting.
- Take print-out of the online application form and send the same along-with the DD/BC by Regd./Speed Post [not by hand or courier] to the following address. Write “your name and Application ID” on the backside of the DD/BC and “Application for Ph.D” on the envelope for proper identification
- Address - Asst. Registrar [Academic] National Institute of Technology Rourkela – 769 008 [Odisha]
- Sponsored candidates are required to submit the scanned copy of the sponsorship certificate while submitting online application.
- Applicants are NOT required to send any other document except print out of the application form and DD/BC (original).
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Rourkela, Rourkela, Odisha, India, 769008, Phone: 0661-246-2021/2001, Email: email@example.com, Website www.nitrkl.ac.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!