IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2019, Eligibility, Application, Dates
IIT Roorkee Rolling Advertisement for Ph.D. Admission Session 2019-20 (Spring Semester)
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2019 (Spring Semester) - Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR) invites application for admission in Ph.D. programme for the session 2019-20 (Spring Semester).
About Doctoral Research
- Keeping in view the long tradition of academic excellence, the following institutional goals have been laid for doctoral research:
- To develop deep and broad understanding of fundamentals and state of the art of knowledge in the chosen field through courses and self‐study,
- To develop synergy between creativity, innovation and the frontiers of knowledge in the chosen field of study,
- The Institute is also recognized as one of the centers in the country for PhD Programs under QIP. Facilities for enrolling for the PhD Program as a part time candidate are also available.
Important Dates for IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2019
Start of Online Application (Website Open)
04th December 2019
Last Date for submission of Online application (Website Closure)
10th February 2020 (4:00 p.m.)
IIT Roorkee Offers PhD in the following disciplines
- Departments - Alternate Hydro-Energy Centre /Architecture & Planning/ Biotechnology /Chemical Engineering/Chemistry /Civil Engineering/Computer Science & Engineering /Earthquake Engineering/Earth Sciences/Electrical Eng. /Electronics & Communication Eng. /Humanities & Social Sciences /Hydrology /Mgt. Studies /Mathematics /Mechanical & Industrial Engineering/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering/Physics /Nanotechnology /Water Resources Development & Management /Disaster Mitigation /Transportation Systems
- Applied Science & Engineering/ Paper Technology / Polymer and Process Engineering
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates should be recipient of any one fellowship namely UGC/CSIR/DBT/DST/Inspire/ICMR etc.
- Candidates need to apply within six months (i.e. 180 days) from the declaration of the fellowship result. If the date of fellowship result declaration exceeds more than six months (i.e. 180 days) on the date of submission of Ph.D application then such candidates are not eligible under Rolling Advertisement.
Candidates with Masters Degree:
- Masters degree with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale, or 60% marks for General (UR)/GEN-EWS & OBC category candidates.
- For SC/ST or PwD candidates the minimum CGPA requirements may be relaxed to 5.50 on a 10 point scale or to 55% marks.
Candidates with Graduate Degree:
- B.Tech. / B.Arch./B.Pharm degree or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 on a 10 point scale or 75% marks, irrespective of the category. For graduates from Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs), the minimum CGPA requirement is relaxed to 7.0 on a 10 point scale or 70% marks.
Candidates with MBBS/BDS/MS/MD/Medicine Degree:
- Candidates with MBBS / BDS degree from an Indian Universities / Institution shall have minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% in the qualifying degree, irrespective of the category. OR
- Candidates with Master of Surgery (MS)/ Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from a Indian University / Institute are exempt from the minimum CGPA requirement. OR
- Candidates with a medicine degree from an overseas university / institute should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination conducted by the National Board of Examination.
- Note: CGPA or percentage of marks in aggregate, in case marks are awarded, of all years/semesters will be considered. If the CGPA is awarded on a scale other than a 10 point scale, proportionate concession to a 10 point scale will be considered. This is applicable to all the above.
- Application Fee per department (non-refundable): Rs. 200/- for General/Gen-EWS/OBC category and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD category candidate. The candidates can deposit the requisite application fee by using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank. The Fee will not be accepted through any other mode.
- If candidate opts for more than one department/centre, then application fee should be paid in accordance to the number of department/centre.
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- For admission to Ph.D. programmes through Rolling Advertisement, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the website https://www.iitr.ac.in/
- Before applying online, candidates are required to keep ready the following documents for uploading:
- 1. Soft copy of colour photograph(JPEG) Upto 500 KB
- 2. Soft copy of signature (JPEG) Upto 500 KB
- 3. Category Certificate (PDF) Upto 3 MB
- 4. PD Certificate (PDF) Upto 3 MB
- 5. 10th & 12th level Marksheet (in single PDF) Upto 3 MB
- 6. UG Mark sheet and Provisional UG Degree Certificate or Final UG Degree Certificate (in single PDF) Upto 3 MB
- 7. PG Mark sheet and Provisional PG Degree Certificate or Final PG Degree Certificate (in single PDF) Upto 3 MB
- 8. Mark sheet of previous semester(s) for candidates appearing in the qualifying degree exam (in single PDF) Upto 3 MB
- 9. NET score card / Fellowship award letter (in single PDF) Upto 3 MB
- Candidates must follow the following Steps while filling online Application Form.
Step 1: Apply for Ph.D. programmes through Rolling Advertisement
- a) Register
- b) Login
- c) Fill the application form online
- d) Upload documents as mentioned above
- e) Finalize Application Form
- f) Pay fee online using option “Proceed for Payment”
- g) Submit Application
- h) Download Application form for candidate’s own record.
For more information, visit website www.iitr.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India