Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2021-22 (Autumn Semester)
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR) invites application for admission to Ph.D. (Full Time & Part Time) Program for the session 2021-22 (Autumn Semester).
Interested candidates can apply for the same on or before 30th April 2021. Read ahead for more details such as important dates, application process, fees, etc for IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021.
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start of Online Application (Website Open) :- 14th April 2021
- Last Date for submission of Online application (Website Closure) :- 30th April 2021
Category of the PhD
- Full-time Research Scholar (FTRS)
- Part-time Research Scholar (PTRS)
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021
- An applicant belonging to the above category should possess the following minimum qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. programme of the Institute.
- Master’s degree with minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% marks for the General and OBC category.
- For SC / ST or PWD candidates, the minimum CGPA requirements may be relaxed to 5.50 on a 10 point scale or to 55% marks.
- Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science Or Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following: a. Scholars who are selected through national Eligibility Tests-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE. b. The selection process through National Level Examinations conducted by MHRD and its Agencies and Institutes such as UGC/IIT/IISc/IISER/IIT etc.
- For candidates other than Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs), B.Tech / B.Arch / B.Pharm degree or equivalent with a GATE / GPAT/NET score and a minimum CGPA of 7.50 on a 10 point scale or 75% marks, irrespective of the category.
- For graduates from CFTIs, the minimum CGPA requirement is relaxed to 7.0 on a 10 point scale or 70% marks.
- CGPA or percentage of marks in aggregate, in case marks are awarded, of all years / semesters will be considered. If the CGPA is awarded on a scale other than a 10 point scale, proportionate concession to a 10 point scale will be considered.
- The requirement of GATE / GPAT / JRF /NET score is not applicable to candidates in ISERS or P-ISIRS or P-ISERS category.
- Bachelors or Masters from IITs with a CGPA 8.0 and above on 10 point scale are exempted from the requirement of GATE / GPAT / JRF /NET.
- Candidates pursuing Master’s programs in Engineering or Architecture / Planning in the IIT Roorkee have CGPA 8.50 and above, shall have a choice of lateral entry to the Ph.D. program after completing first two semesters of the Master’s program.
- Candidates with MBBS / BDS degree from an Indian Universities / Institution shall have minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% in the qualifying degree, irrespective of the category. They are exempt from the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET requirement.
- Candidates with Master of Surgery (MS)/ Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from a Indian University / Institute are exempt from the minimum CGPA as well as the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET requirement.
- Candidates with a medicine degree from an overseas university / institute should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination conducted by the National Board of Examination.
- Candidates with Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) / Person of Indian Origin (PIO) status will be treated at par with Indian Nationals in the General Category.
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates are requested to apply online only through the official website https://www.iitr.ac.in/
- For admission to Ph.D. programmes in Autumn Semester of the session 2021-22, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the website www.iitr.ac.in on or before April 30, 2021(5:00 p.m.).
- Before applying online, candidates are required to keep ready the required documents for uploading.
- Candidates appearing or appearing in the qualifying degree can upload all the available marksheets up to pre-final year/semester (in single pdf in A4 size without password protected) up to 5 MB.
- Application Fee per department (non-refundable): Rs. 200/- for General/Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)/OBC category and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD category candidate.
- The candidates can deposit the requisite application fee by using net banking or debit/credit card facilities.
- Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank.
- The Fee will not be accepted through any other mode.
- Selection process is purely based on merit.
- Selection process shall be conducted online.
- Stipulated dates for a written test and /or interview shall be communicated by the concerned departments/centres to the shortlisted candidates. Simultaneously, the dates shall be uploaded in the portal of each department/centre.
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are the minimum required and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for an interview
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website