Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee announces PhD Program Admission 2023 for Spring Semester, Apply now
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR) invites application for admission to full-time & part-time PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2023-24 (Autumn Semester).
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2023
- Start of online Application Process: March 23, 2023 Thursday
- Last date for filling up of application form by the students: April 09, 2023
- Date of Academic Registration by the Candidates in person: July 11, 2023
- Commencement of classes for Autumn Semester (2023-2024): July 18,2023
- An applicant belonging to the above category should possess the following minimum qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. programme of the Institute.
- Master’s degree with minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% marks for the General, GEN-EWS and OBC category.
- For SC / ST or PWD candidates, the minimum CGPA requirements may be relaxed to 5.50 on a 10 point scale or to 55% marks.
- Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science Or Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- b. The selection process through National Level Examinations conducted by MHRD and its Agencies and Institutes such as UGC/IIT/IISc/IISER etc.
- For candidates other than Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs), B. Tech / B. Arch / B. Pharm degree or equivalent with a GATE / GPAT/NET score (marks) and a minimum CGPA of 7.50 on a 10 point scale or 75% marks, irrespective of the category.
- For graduates from CFTIs, the minimum CGPA requirement is relaxed to 7.0 on a 10 point scale or 70% marks.
- CGPA or percentage of marks in aggregate, in case marks are awarded, of all years / semesters will be considered. If the CGPA is awarded on a scale other than a 10 point scale, proportionate concession to a 10 point scale will be considered.
- The requirement of GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET score (marks) is not applicable to candidates in ISERS or P-ISIRS or P-ISERS category.
- Bachelors or Masters from IITs with a CGPA 8.0 and above on 10 scale point scale are exempted from the requirement of GATE / GPAT / JRF /NET.
- Candidates pursuing Master’s programs in Engineering or Architecture / Planning in IIT Roorkee with CGPA 8.50 or above, shall have a choice of lateral entry to the Ph.D. program after completing the first two semesters of the Master’s program.
- Candidates with MBBS / BDS degree from an Indian Universities / Institution shall have minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% in the qualifying degree, irrespective of the category. They are exempt from the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET requirement.
- Candidates with Master of Surgery (MS)/ Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from an Indian University / Institute are exempt from the minimum CGPA as well as the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET requirement.
- For admission to PhD programs in Autumn Semester of the session 2023-24, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the website link: https://iitr.ac.in/Academics/static/Admission/PhD/Autumn%202023/Ph.D._IB_Aut_2023.pdf on or before April 09, 2023 (5:00 p.m.).
- Before applying online, candidates are required to keep ready the required documents for uploading.
- Candidates appearing or appearing in the qualifying degree can upload all the available marksheets up to pre-final year/semester (in single pdf in A4 size without password protected) up to 5 MB.
- For General/Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)/OBC category : Rs. 200/-
- For SC/ST/PD category candidate : Rs. 100/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through net banking or debit/credit card
- Selection process is purely based on merit.
- Selection process shall be conducted online.
- Stipulated dates for a written test and /or interview shall be communicated by the concerned Departments/Centers/School to the shortlisted candidates. Simultaneously, the dates shall be uploaded in the portal of each Departments/Centers/School.
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are the minimum required and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for an interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website