BIT Mesra Phd Program Admission 2020, Eligibility, Application, Dates
BIT Mesra announces PhD Admission (Full-Time/Part-Time) for Spring Session 2020 (January)
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2020 - Birla Institute of Technology (BITS) Mesra Ranchi invites applications from eligible candidates for admission for BIT Ranchi PhD Admission 2019 under full-time / part-time categories for the Spring Session 2020 (January).
The Institute offers PhD Program twice a year January /July in disciplines at Mestra and its Off Campuses. Candidates can now apply for January Session, as the process of application filling has started.
Candidates who are interested in doing PhD form BIT Mesra can check the information about PhD admission from the page below.
PhD Program offered in the following Departments:
- BIT announces admissions full-time/part-time PhD Program in the following Departments: Architecture, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Physics, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing and Space Engineering & Rocketry.
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Filling of online form commences from: 26th October 2019
- Last date for Applying Online: 25th November 2019
- Display of list of eligible candidates to be called for Written Test and Interview: 30th November 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 16th December 2019
- Interview of the selected candidates From 3:00 pm On: 16th December 2019
- Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List on the Institute website / Notice Boards By 6:00 pm On: 17th December 2019
- Admission from 18th December 2019
- Classes will commence from 2nd week of January 2020
Eligibility Criteria for BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2020
- Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of the Institute:
- Candidates possessing M.Tech./M.E./M.Sc. (Engg.)/M.Arch./M.Pharm./M.Plan./M.Sc./MCA/MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
- Candidates possessing B.Tech./B.E/B.Sc.(Engg.)/B.Pharm/B.Arch./B.Plan. or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 80% marks or 8.0 CGPA on a ten-point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE/GPAT score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Sponsored candidates must have a minimum of two years of professional work experience, besides fulfilling the above criteria. In addition, such candidates should have valid sponsorship for at least three years.
Relaxation for SC/ST Candidates
- Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks for SC / ST candidates.
Also See : Admission Notification
- Selection in the Ph.D. programme shall be based on the performance in Written Test, Previous
- academic record and an Interview. Only such candidates who obtain the minimum required marks inAptitude Test, Subject Specific Test and the indicated total percentage of marks, will be considered for final preparation of result as given below:
- General [Aptitude Test (100%) = 30%; Subject Test (100%) = 30%; Academic Record (60%); Interview (40%) and total (300%) = 50%]
- SC/ST [Aptitude Test (100%) = 25%; Subject Test (100%) = 25%; Academic Record (60%); Interview (40%) and total (300%) = 45%]
Venue for PhD Entrance Test
- The Ph.D. Entrance Test shall be conducted on 16th December 2019 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Institute Main Building in the Institute’s Campus at Mesra, Ranchi- 835215.
- The Ph.D. Entrance Test will consist of 2 parts
- General Aptitude Test common to all applicants From 9:00 am to 10:30 am
- Subject Specific Tests to examine basic fundamental knowledge in the subject from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- The syllabi of the Subject Specific Tests for each Department can also be seen on the Department web pages on the Institute website.
Date of Interviews
- The interview process of the selected candidates will be conducted on 16th December 2019 from 3:00 pm onwards in the concerned Departments.
- A limited number of Institute Research Fellowship (IRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- per month for the next two years is available depending on the performance.
- The minimum marks required for IRF may vary across the departments and department wise minimum marks shall be decided by an appropriate committee. These IRFs shall be distributed based on the performance in the admission test, academic career and interview. Ph.D. admission test is mandatory for candidates aspiring for the IRF.
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- To apply for the PhD Program (Session Spring 2020), Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]
- Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through ICICI payment Gateway (candidates may use net banking / debit card / credit card / UPI of any nationalized bank) till the last date of application process.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- Apply for one department only.
- The Department-wise list of candidates to be called for Written Test will be displayed on the Institute website before 7-10 days of Ph.D. Written Test.
- Candidates must carry application form along with supporting documents in original and one set of photocopies of the same at the time of reporting for the written test. No individual intimation will be sent to candidates.
- No Admit Card will be issued to candidates.
- Candidates whose names do not appear in the lists, may contact the Admissions Office at Mesra by telephone or email.
- Candidates must carry one of the following valid Photo identifications during reporting for Written Test. (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
For more detailed information please visit their official website www.bitmesra.ac.in
BIT Mesra, Ranchi
Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi–835215, Phone: PBX: 0651-2275444 / 896, Extn. 4469, and 0651-2275868 (Direct), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Website www.bitmesra.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India