BIT Mesra PhD Program Admission 2021 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility
Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra announces Admission to PhD Program 2021(Monsoon Session)
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2021 - Birla Institute of Technology (BITS) Mesra Ranchi invites applications from eligible candidates for admission for PhD Program under full-time/part-time categories for the Monsoon Session 2021
Candidates can check the post below for more details on BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2021
PhD Program Offered
- Bio-Engineering (Disciplines – Biotechnology and Bio-Medical Engineering)
- Chemical Engineering (Disciplines – Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering and Food Technology)
- Civil & Environmental Engineering (Disciplines – Civil Engineering and Environmental Science)
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Science & Technology
- Production Engineering
- Remote Sensing
- Space Engineering & Rocketry
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of Online Application Form :- 10th June 2021
- Display of shortlisted applicants for Test :- 14th June 2021
- Date of Online Entrance Test :- 17th June 2021
- Date of Interview of shortlisted applicants :- 18th June 2021
- Declaration of Result :- 21st June 2021
- Admission starts :- 22nd June 2021
Eligibility Criteria for BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program of the Institute:
- Candidates possessing M.Tech./M.E./M.Sc. (Engg.)/M.Arch./M.Pharm./M.Plan./M.Sc. /MCA /MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
- Candidates possessing B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc. (Engg.)/B.Pharm/B.Arch./B.Plan. or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 80% marks or 8.0 CGPA on a ten-point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE/GPAT score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Sponsored candidates must have a minimum of two years of professional work experience, besides fulfilling the above criteria. In addition, such candidates should have valid sponsorship at least for three years.
Relaxation for SC/ ST Candidates
- Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks for SC / ST candidates.
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- To apply for the PhD Program (Session Monsoon 2021), Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]
- Pay application fee of Rs.2500/- (General/OBC candidates) and Rs.1500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through ICICI payment Gateway (candidates may use net banking / debit card / credit card / UPI of any nationalized bank) till the last date of application process.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- Apply for one department only.
- The Department-wise list of candidates to be called for the Written Test will be displayed on the Institute website before 7-10 days of Ph.D. Written Test.
- Candidates must carry an application form along with supporting documents in original and one set of photocopies of the same at the time of reporting for the written test. No individual intimation will be sent to candidates.
- No Admit Card will be issued to candidates.
- Candidates whose names do not appear in the lists, may contact the Admissions Office at Mesra by telephone or email.
- Candidates must carry one of the following valid Photo identifications during reporting for Written Test. (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
- For more detailed information please visit their official website www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Selection in the Ph.D. program shall be based on the performance in an Online Entrance Test, Previous academic record and an Interview.
- Only such candidates, who obtain the minimum required marks in Online Entrance Test and the indicated total percentage of marks, will be considered for final preparation of result as given below:
- Group-A - General [Online entrance test (100%) = 30%; academic record (60%); interview (40%) and total (200%) = 45%] SC/ST [entrance test (100) = 25%; academic record (60%); interview (40%) and total (200%) = 40%]
- Group-B - Sponsored [Online entrance test (40%) = 30%; academic record (60%); interview (100%) and total (200%) = 45%]
PhD Entrance Test
- Date : 17th June 2021
- Timing : 10:00 am to 11:00 am (1-hour duration)
- Type of Question : Multiple choice Questions (MCQs)
- No. of Questions : 50 (2 marks for each correct answer). There will be no negative marking
- A limited number of Institute Research Fellowship (IRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- per month for the next two years is available depending on the performance.
- The minimum marks required for IRF may vary across the departments and department wise minimum marks shall be decided by an appropriate committee. These IRFs shall be distributed based on the performance in the admission test, academic career and interview. Ph.D. admission test is mandatory for candidates aspiring for the IRF.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India