Tamil Nadu Common Admission (TANCA) 2019 for M.E./ M. Tech./ M. Arch./ M. Plan. Degree Courses
Anna University notification for Tamil Nadu Common Admission (TANCA) 2019 for M.E./ M. Tech./ M. Arch./ M. Plan. Degree Courses
TANCA 2019 Tamil Nadu Common Admissions 2019 - Applications are invited for admission to M.E./ M. Tech./ M. Arch./ M. Plan. Degree Programmes offered in the University Departments, University Colleges, Regional Campuses of Anna University, Annamalai University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and the seats surrendered by the Self-Financing Engineering Colleges for the year 2019.
The complete details of TANCA 2019 - Tamil Nadu Common Admissions such as application form, eligibility criteria, merit list, counselling, admission process etc are given below.
TANCA 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Commencement of Online Registration of Application: 24th July 2019
- Last date for Online Registration & Submission: 05th August 2019
- Common online application form for admission to M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. degree programmes offered in the University Departments / Constituent Colleges, Annamalai University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Self-financing Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu for the seats surrendered for admission through single window counselling (TANCA 2019).
- Duration of Full-Time PG programmes comprises of 4 semesters (2 years) and Part-Time programme comprises of 6 semesters (3 years).
Mode of Study
- Candidates admitted under ‘Full-Time’ should be available in the departments during working hours for the curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Candidates should not attend any other Full-Time Programme(s) / Course(s) or take up any FullTime Job / Part-Time Job in any institution or company during the period of the programme. Violation of the above rules will result in termination from programme.
- Part-Time candidates will not be permitted to convert to Full-Time Mode during the course of study.
Eligibility Criteria for TANCA 2019
- Candidates who have passed all the subjects in the recognised Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in the qualifying degree examination as per AICTE norms are eligible.
- Further, the candidates shall possess
- TANCET 2019 mark; (or)
- GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 qualified score in the appropriate discipline of Engineering /Technology; (or)
- GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 qualified score in Engineering Science (X E) and Life Science (X L) papers along with T A N C E T 2019 mark.
- Note 1: Eligibility qualifications for admission to various programmes are given in Annexure I.
- Note 2: A candidate is considered GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 qualified, if the marks secured are greater than or equal to the qualifying marks mentioned respectively for the category in the GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 score card.
- Note 3: If a candidate claims that the educational qualification possessed by him / her (though not the same as prescribed eligible qualification) is equivalent to the eligible qualification prescribed in Annexure I, he / she should obtain the Eligibility Certificate from the Director, Academic Courses, Anna University, Chennai 600 025 on or before the last date prescribed for registration of the online application. However, the claim would be subject to the decision of the admitting authority.
Candidates of the following categories may also apply for admission:
- Candidates appeared for the final semester / year examination of the qualifying degree programmes during April / May 2019, (except A.M.I.E. and other similar certificates of various professional bodies ) are eligible. These candidates should produce an evidence of having passed all the subjects in the qualifying degree examination at the time of counselling, failing which the candidates will not be permitted to attend the counselling. The copy of downloaded results from internet is permitted only when it is attested by the Principal/Head of the Department.
- Candidates with Section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates (e.g. A.M.I.E.) of the Institution of Engineers and other similar certificates of various professional bodies for example (Aeronautical Society of India), recognised by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India and enrolled before 31.5.2013 are considered to be equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech degree holders for admission to M.E./ M.Tech. degree programmes subject to the following conditions (a), (b) & (c)
- Candidates should have studied 10 + 2 years Higher Secondary. + AMIE (with 2 years experience) (or) 10 + 3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE (with 2 years experience)
- Two years regular full time Teaching experience / Industrial experience in the relevant field after passing all the subjects including project work. The experience certificate will have to be produced by the candidate.
- Must have qualified either in GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 with qualifying score or TANCET 2018.
- Candidates who have studied continuously for the last 5 years (from XII Standard onwards) in Tamil Nadu will be considered as Tamil Nadu candidates.
- Candidates who are Native of Tamil Nadu but have studied XII or/and Diploma, Degree outsideTamil Nadu have to upload a photo copy of Nativity Certificate. The Nativity certificate in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate only will be accepted.
- Candidates belonging to Other States are eligible under Open Competition category only.
- Candidates who are Sri Lankan Refugees and passed the recognised qualifying degree (with a minimum of 50 % marks) in Tamil Nadu will be considered for admission to M.E / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. degree programmes as per rank, under Open Competition through Single Window Counselling.
- Candidates must have also appeared for TANCET 2019.
- Candidates who have appeared in TANCET 2019.
- Sponsored Category (Admission only in University Departments of Anna University, Chennai–25).
- A limited number of unfilled GATE seats (Full-Time mode) is available after GATE Counselling will be considered under sponsored Full-Time Category for the candidates employed and sponsored by the Government / Government Organisations / Government Aided Educational Institutions under sponsored category in the University Departments of
- Anna University, Chennai i.e. (College of Engineering Guindy, A.C. College of Technology, School of Architecture & Planning and Madras Institute of Technology Campuses).
- Sponsored Registered Professional Architects with a minimum of five years of professional experience will be considered for admission to M.Arch. degree programme under Sponsored Category at University Department, School of Architecture & Planning, Anna University, Chennai - 25.
- All the candidates under sponsored category should have appeared in TANCET 2019.
Merit List Preparation
- GATE (Engineering / Technology): The merit list will be prepared based on GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 SCORE in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology.
- GATE (Engineering Sciences (XE) / Life Sciences (XL) category: The merit list will be prepared based on GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 SCORE in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers and TANCET 2019 MARK with a weightage of 70:30.
- A common merit list will be prepared for GATE (Engineering / Technology) and GATE (Engineering Sciences (XE) / Life Sciences (XL) category.
TANCA 2019 Application Process
- Candidate should apply only through online in the Web portal https://www.annauniv.edu/tanca2019
- The candidates who intend to apply for seats under sponsored category should
- have appeared in TANCET 201 9.
- apply through Online in the web portal https://www.annauniv.edu/tanca2019.
- take a print out of the filled – in online application.
- send the filled – in application through proper channel with necessary documents enclosed to one of the following addresses based on the choice of college - The Director (Admissions), Anna University, Chennai–600 025; The Principal, Government College of Technology, Thadagam Road, Coimbatore–641013.
- The candidates should pay the application / registration fees (only online payment) Rs.500/- for General category Rs.250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- A candidate applying for more than one category has to pay Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) for each additional category (only online payment).
- The candidate must be ready with the details such as Marks, Percentage of Marks, Certificates, Year of Passing, Board / Institute details, Scanned image of photograph (for GATE candidates only) , Scanned copy of mark sheet / Transfer and Community Certificate for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM candidates (either Permanent Card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) and other relevant certificates if any before applying through online.
- Seats will be allotted through counselling only. More number of candidates than the actual number of seats available will be called for counselling. Candidates are advised to check the seats available in the web portal https://www.annauniv.edu/tanca2019.
- Admission will be offered depending upon the seats available based on the merits of the candidates who attend counselling as per the reservation norms of Government of Tamil Nadu and others cannot claim any right for admission.
Tamil Nadu Common Admissions 2019, Anna University, Chennai–600 025, Phone: 044 - 2235 9908 to 9911 and 2235 8314, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.annauniv.edu
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!