West Bengal University of Health Sciences announces Admission to M.Phil. in Psychiatric Social Work (PSW) Exam 2019
WBUHS Kolkata M.Phil. in Psychiatric Social Work 2019 – West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS), Kolkata has invited applications for admission to Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) 2 years Course in Psychiatric Social Work (PSW) at Department of Psychiatric for the academic year 2019.
- Admission to the seats in the affiliated institutions of The West Bengal University of Health Sciences in M. Phil (2 years) Course in Psychiatric Social Work shall be made on the basis of the inter se merit lists of different categories/ castes of candidates by ”The West Bengal University of Health Sciences(WBUHS)”
- Admission will be on the basis of the results for selection to be conducted by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS).
- Citizens of India who have obtained any of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for the courses:
- M.A. or M. Sc. in Social Work from a UGC recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (for Unreserved candidates) and 50% marks in aggregate (for Reserved candidates).
- The age of the candidate will have to be less than 40 as on 1st August 2019; i.e. date of birth of the candidate will be no earlier than 01.08.1979).
- Candidates appearing at examination through his/her declaration. If it is found that declaration is not true, s/he is debarred at any stage before or even after admission.
Reservation of Seats
- Reservation to Category candidates will be done in accordance with the prevailing rules in all seats.
- Seats reserved for SC candidates when remaining vacant even after following the instructions laid down in the Govt. orders and notifications, shall be filled in by the ST candidates and vice- versa. Likewise seats reserved for OBC-A and OBC-B can also be interchangeably allotted if situation is so needed.
- Reserved category candidates appearing from other state will be treated as unreserved candidates.
- Written examination will be conducted based on single best response type MCQs. There will be 85 MCQs which are to be answered in 60 minutes. No mark will be deducted for the wrong answers, though multiple answers will be regarded as wrong answers. The language of the MCQ-s will be English and the standard of the questions will be of the standard of the qualifying examination.
- This will be followed by an interview having 15 marks; which will be conducted by senior faculty members of the field specifically formed by the WBUHS for the purpose. The candidates scoring at least 40 (for General candidates) and at least 35 (for SC, ST, OBC-A or OBC-B candidates) in the written test will be called for the interview.
- Applicant for admission will be provisionally allowed to appear in the admission test provided he/she has submitted an application in the prescribed form and has fulfilled the eligibility criteria outlined above. Mere appearing at the admission test does not guarantee admission if otherwise the candidate is found ineligible in latter stages of the admission procedure; even after the admission itself.
Merit List of candidates
- Merit list of the intending candidates will be prepared by computing an aggregate score of Written test and Interview.
- There shall be combined merit list indicating merit position for the SC / ST / OBC-A / OBC-B candidates. Merit list of PWD candidates form where they belong will be shown in the specific list of SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B and unreserved.
Admission through Counseling
- Admission will be made through a process of counseling strictly according to the time schedule to be published by the WBUHS. The notice of the counseling will be available only in the website https://wbuhs.ac.in and no separate information about it will be sent to the individual candidates
- The provisional merit list will be available its website https://wbuhs.ac.in
- No separate information will be sent to individual candidate in this regard.
- Applicants should go through the Information Booklet and other Annexes meticulously and strictly follow the instructions given in the Information Booklet as published in https://wbuhs.ac.in, while applying for M Phil in Psychiatric Social Work Application must be complete in all respect.
- The print-copy of the application along with a crossed Demand Draft of Rs.3000/- purchased from any nationalized bank of India, drawn in favour of “The West Bengal University of Health Sciences”, payable at Kolkata has to be submitted as instructed in the schedule.
- Candidates are requested to write their Name and telephone number on the back of the Demand Draft.
- Print copies will not be received in the office of the Controller of Examinations WBUHS in person after 24th However, print copies sent through speed / registered post will be received up to 26th August2 019.
- Provided the banker’s cheque / Demand draft is purchased on or before 24th August 2019
- Submission of print-copy of Forms at the office of the Controller of Exams WBUHS: 09th August to 24th August 2019(02.00 pm) (Both days Inclusive)
- Print copies sent through speed / registered post will be received up to 26th August 2019
- Admit Card will be mailed to the candidate from university: 28th August 2019 evening onwards
- Date of Written test (Tentative): 31st August 2019 (12 noon onwards)
- Declaration of List of candidates for Interview: To be notified in website
- Date of Interview: To be notified in website
- Date of submission of attested copies, Verification original documents at counseling: To be notified
- Session to start from: To be notified later on.
- The West Bengal University of Health Sciences, DD – 36, Sector–I, Salt Lake, Kolkata–700 064, Phone No. 033 2334 2028, Email: [email protected], Website: https://wbuhs.ac.in