WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET Polytechnic Admission 2020, Application, Dates
WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET Polytechnic Admission 2020 – JEXPO also known as Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic Admission is a state Level Entrance Examination. West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE) conduct JEXPO Exam every year to offer admission in First Year of 3 years Diploma in Engineering Courses and VOCLET Exam for admission in Second Year (Lateral entry) in Diploma in Engineering & Technology Course in different Govt. Polytechnics located in West Bengal State.
This is for information of all concerned that JEXPO-2020 and VOCLET-2020 shall be held as per the following schedules. Schedule of Examinations, filling-up of Application Forms, eligibility criteria, age, language of question papers etc. for JEXPO-2020 and VOCLET-2020 are given in the following below
Sale and Receipt of OMR Application Forms
14th August, 2020
Filling-up of Online Application Form
2nd January 2020 to 31st March 2020
Last Date of submission of filled-in OMR Application Forms by hand
31st August, 2020
Last Date of submission of filled-in Online Application Forms
31st March 2020
Date of Examination
26th April 2020
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification 2020
Diploma in Engineering & Technology Courses
- Name of 32 different disciplines in Diploma in Engineering & Technology courses are – Agricultural Engineering, Architecture, Automobile Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Technology, Computer Software Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering Industrial Control, Electrical Power System, Food Processing Technology, Footwear Technology, Geographic Information System (GIS) & Global Positioning System (GPS), Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Information Technology, Interior-Decoration, Leather Goods Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (Production), Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Mine Surveying, Medical Laboratory Technology, Multi Media Technology, Packaging Technology, Photography, Printing Technology, Renewable Energy, and Survey Engineering
See: Engineering Entrance Exams
- Candidates Passed / appeared* 10th standard from any recognized Board/Council/Institute with at least 35% marks (without Additional subject) at the qualifying examination (without rounding-up).
- Age Criteria: No upper age limit, but candidate’s date of birth should not be after 01.07.2005 for this year.
- Candidates Passed / appeared* (10+2) Examination from the West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development (Vocational Education Division) [erstwhile, WBSC VE&T] OR
- Candidates Passed 2 years’ ITI at a stretch after Madhyamik or equivalent examination passed.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit.
- Note: subject to submission of pass certificate / marksheet at the time of admission.
- Candidates can check the Exam Pattern for WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET 2020 below.
- Examination should be of 2 hours duration (from 10-00 A.M. to 12 noon) with total 100 marks (Mathematics-50, Physics-25, Chemistry-25).
- Latest revised syllabus on Mathematics and Physical Science upto Class X under West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) shall be followed for JEXPO–2020. Type of question paper is MCQ
- Examination should be of 2 hours duration (from 01-30 P.M. to 03-30 P.M.) with total 100 marks (Mathematics-20, Physics-20, Chemistry-20, Mechanics-20, Computer Science-20).
- The latest revised syllabus of West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development (Vocational Education Division) [erstwhile, West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education & Training] for (10+2) examination shall be followed for VOCLET-2020. Type of question paper is MCQ.
- Language of Question Papers of Entrance Examinations: Both Bengali and English
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer, from the marks obtained for correct answers.
See: List of Entrance Exams after Graduation
Entrance Exam Centers
- All examination centers for JEXPO and VOCLET Entrance Examinations should be in all District in West Bengal. (Generally, Entrance Examination Centre is allotted as per ‘choice of Zone’ by the candidate during filling-up of application form.)
- Interested and eligible candidates can visit the official site to apply for the WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET 2020 online and they can also visit the WBSCTE campus to collect the offline Application Form
Online Application Form
- Filling-up of Online Application Form Website www.webscte.co.in
- An applicant has to provide all information sought for and upload his/her photo, signature and LTI.
- After final submission of the form online, applicant has to take printout of the challan and has to submit the same to any of the Polytechnics affiliated to WBSCT&VE&SD [Erstwhile WBSCTE] along with requisite application fee in CASH.
- On receipt of the challan and the requisite application fee, the same will be validated by the polytechnic authority.
- The applicant must check the status of validation through student login and download a copy of the Application Form for future reference.
See: WBJEE 2020 Notification
OMR Application Form
- OMR Application Forms and Information Brochure will be available in all Government, Government Sponsored and Self-Financed Polytechnics affiliated to WBSCT & VE & SD in West Bengal.
- Duly filled OMR Application forms should be submitted in all Government, Government Sponsored and Self-Financed Polytechnics affiliated to WBSCT & VE & SD in West Bengal along with requisite application fee.
- For OMR Application Form: Rs. 500/- (for valid Kanyashree enrollees Rs. 250/-)
- For Online Application Form: Rs. 450/- (for valid Kanyashree enrollees Rs. 225/-)
For details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website https://webscte.co.in/
- West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development, Technical Education Division [Erstwhile West Bengal State Council of Technical Education] Karigari Bhawan, 4th Floor, Plot No. B/7, Action Area – III, New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata – 700160, Website https://webscte.co.in/