Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya (UBKV) announces Admission to M.Sc Program in Agriculture, Horticulture and Forestry 2019
UBKV M.Sc. Admission 2019 – Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya (UBKV) invites applications from interested candidates for admission to M.Sc Program in Agriculture, Horticulture and Forestry for the academic year 2019
See: MSc Admission 2019
No. of Seats:
- Agricultural Economics: Total seats- 08 (UR- 04, SC-02, OBC-A- 01, OBC-B-01)
- Agricultural Entomology: Total seats-10, (UR- 03, SC-02, OBC-A- 01, OBC-B- 01, ICAR-03)
- Agricultural Extension: Total seats-08 (UR- 03, SC-01, OBC-A-01, OBC- B-01, ICAR-02)
- Agricultural Statistics: Total Seats-07 (UR-03, SC-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-02)
- Agronomy: Total Seats-10 (UR-03, SC-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-03)
- Biochemistry: Total Seats- 08 (UR-04, SC- 02, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01)
- Genetics and Plant Breeding: Total Seats- 10 (UR-03, SC-02, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-03)
- Plant Pathology: Total Seats-07, (UR-03, SC-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-02)
- Seed Science & Technology: Total Seats-06 (UR-03, SC-02, OBC-B-01)
- Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry: Total Seats-10 (UR-03, SC- 02, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-03)
- Floriculture and Landscape Architecture: Total Seats-03 (UR-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-01)
- Fruit Science: Total seats-04 (UR-01, SC-01, OBC-A-01, ICAR-01)
- Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops: Total Seats-08 (UR-03, SC-01, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-02)
- Post- Harvest Technology: Total Seats-04 (UR- 02, SC-01, OBC-A-01)
- Vegetable Science: Total Seats-04 (UR-01, SC-01, OBC-A-01, ICAR-01)
- Forestry: Total seats-03 (UR-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-01)
UBKV M.Sc. Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Date of start of submission of application form: 26th June 2019
- Last date of submission of application form: 10th July 2019
- Entrance Test: 30th July 2019 and 31st July 2019
- Publication of Merit List: 05th August 2019
- Date of counseling and admission: 08th August 2019
- Start of classes: 14th August 2019
See: Admission Notification
Eligibility Criteria for UBKV M.Sc. Admission 2019
- Students passed with three years Bachelors’ degree course are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- The minimum age limit for admission to M.Sc. courses is 21 years as on 31.12.2019.
- Candidates must have passed their Bachelors’ degree in Agriculture/Horticulture or Forestry or have appeared in the final examination in the relevant subject under four year
- Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry undergraduate programme from any recognized Indian/Foreign University.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 60% marks or its equivalent OGPA (6.00 out of 10.00 or 3.40 out of 5.00 or 2.70 out of 4.00 or 2.00 out of 3.00) in Bachelors’ degree for Unreserved and OBC category and 55% marks or its equivalent OGPA (5.50 out of 10.00 or 3.20 out of 5.00 or 2.50 out of 4.00 or 1.80 out of 3.00) in
- Bachelors’ degree for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Candidates of Unreserved and OBC categories must have passed their Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks in aggregate of 5 (five) best subjects and for SC/ST/PWD category candidates the same shall be 50% marks in aggregate of 5 (five) best subjects.
- Candidates must secure the minimum qualifying marks as specified by the Postgraduate Admission Committee in the Entrance Test conducted by the University.
- An additional 10% of graduations percentage will be given as weightage for UBKV pass out students while preparing the merit panel subject to fulfilling the minimum qualifying marks obtained in entrance test.
- However, the applicant must secure qualifying marks in the Entrance Test specified by the University.
See: M.Sc. Agriculture Admissions
- For General/ OBC: Rs.1000/-
- For SC/ST: Rs. 250/-
- M.Sc entrance test will be conducted module wise for Faculty of Agriculture from the session 2019-20
- Duration of the test: 1 hour 30 minutes, Total Marks-100
- Question-15 question of 2 marks = 30 marks, 2 questions of 5 marks= 10 marks, 60 MCQ type questions with four alternatives answer, each of 1 marks
- The entrance test for admission to M.Sc (Agriculture) for crop Protection module, Crop Production module and M.Sc (Horticulture) will be held on 30th July 2019
- The entrance test for admission to Social Science module, Basic Science module and M.Sc forestry will be held on 31st July 2019
UBKV M.Sc. Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application for admission to M.Sc. Degree Programme is to be made ONLINE only.
- A candidate applying for master programme can apply in only one application giving choice of any number of subjects / modules but have to pay the prescribed application fees for the respective number of subjects/modules applied for. The final admission will be conducted strictly on the basis of merit, according to the position in the merit list. Candidates qualified for more than one subject will be allowed to express their choice during counseling session on the date of admission.
See: Horticulture Career Scope, Eligibility and Job Prospects
For more details visit the official website
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya
P.O-Pundibari, Dist.- Coochbehar, Pin- 736165, West Bengal, India