Utkal University of Culture Bhubaneswar notifies Post Graduate and M.Phil Program Admission 2019-20
Utkal University of Culture PG and MPhil Admission 2019 – Online Applications are invited for admission to various Post-Graduate and M.Phil. Programs of Utkal University of Culture, Sanskuti Vihar, Mandanpur Bhubaneswar for the academic session 2019-20.
Also See : M.Phil Admission
Faculty of Culture Studies (M.A. Program) – 4 Semesters
Faculty of Architecture and Archaeology (M.A. Program) – 4 Semesters
- Cultural Heritage and Conservation
Faculty of Language and Literature (M.A. Program) – 4 Semesters
Faculty of Visual Arts (MVA Program) – 4 Semesters
- MVA in Painting; Printmaking; Applied Art & Design; Sculpture; Art-History
Faculty of Performing Arts (MPA Program) – 4 Semesters
- Odissi Vocal; Hindustani Vocal; Odissi Dance; Chhow Dance; Tabla; Mardal; Violin Flute; Sitar; Drama; Specialisations: Acting; Design & Direction
Certificate Courses [1 Semester]
- Certificate Course in Jain Religion and Philosophy; Certificate Course in Tamil Language
Phil Programs [2 Semesters]
- Odissi Dance; Odissi Vocal; Hindustani Vocal; Instrumental Music; (Mardal, Tabla, Violin, Sitar, Flute); Drama; Painting; Applied Art & Design
Also See : Phd Admission
Eligibility Criteria for Utkal University of Culture PG and MPhil Admission 2019
For MVA and MPA Program
- Any candidate who has passed the qualifying degree examination with at least 45% of marks in aggregate (40 % for SC/ST students) of Utkal University of Culture i.e., BPA/B. Music/B.A.(Music)/BVA/BFA or equivalent graduation degree from any other recognized University/Institution.
For other Master’s Degree and P.G. Diploma Programs
- 45% in aggregate (40 % for SC/ST students) in qualifying examination.
For Certificate Courses
- Any candidate having passed the qualifying examination will be eligible to get the admission.
For MPhil Programs
- MPA/M. Music/MVA/MFA in the concerned subject with 55 % in aggregate (50 % for SC/ST students)
- Admission to all the above courses shall be governed by the rules and regulations framed by the University.
- Selection for admission into all Postgraduate Courses shall be made on the basis of Career Marking and Aptitude Test (Career Marking – 80% and Aptitude test – 20%)
- Selection into M. Phil Programme shall be made on the basis of performance in the entrance test and career marking. (Career Marking – 50 %, Written Test-30 marks and Viva voce-20 marks)
- A student who has criminal antecedents and whose conduct is not satisfactory shall not be considered for admission.
Reservations and Concessions
- Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes: 20% of the seats in different courses are reserved i.e. for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes (12%) and the Scheduled Castes (8%)
- For consideration under these reserved categories necessary certificate to this effect issued only by a Revenue Officer of the locality not below the rank of a Tahsildar must be submitted.
- Physically disabled/challenged: One seat in each course having 24 seats or more shall be reserved for physically disabled/challenged candidates. For availing of such a reservation, the candidate has to submit a certificate from the competent authority confirming at least 75% of physical deficiency (orthopedic, deafness, dumbness or blindness).
Reservation and Weightage for Sports Persons:
- One seat out of the total seats in each course having 24 seats or more shall be reserved for candidates who have participated at the qualifying degree level in Senior National/ International Level competitions in Sports/Games representing the state concerned/ India, subject to verification of Original Certificate.
- A weightage of 15% of career points secured by the candidate at the qualifying degree will be given to those who have participated at the qualifying degree stage in the (a) Inter-University competitions (b) as a member of the Combined University team.
- A weightage of 15% of career points secured by the candidate at the qualifying degree will also be given to those candidates who qualify under (i) above but could not get admission against the direct quota.
Also See : Admission Notification
Utkal University of Culture PG and MPhil Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application for admission to all programmes of the University shall be made in online mode only.
- Candidates are required to visit University Website www.uuc.ac.in (Admissions-2019) for filling up of the Application Form.
- Required documents are to be uploaded and an application fee of Rs.300/- is to be paid through online either through Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking.
- Candidates can also deposit application fee at any branch of State Bank of India through challans generated from the system.
- The downloaded filled-in form along with the following documents can be submitted either by hand or through post addressed to Chairman, P.G. Council, Utkal University of Culture, Sanskruti Vihar, Madanpur, Bhubaneswar-752054
- The envelope containing the application from and other documents shall be super-scribed with & Application for Admission 2019-20. However, in no case, applications received after the stipulated date shall be accepted.
- The University shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
For details regarding the courses, procedure of admission, admission date, prospectus etc. please visit the University Website www.uuc.ac.in (Admission-2019) from 01st July 2019 onwards
Also See : MA Admission
Utkal University of Culture PG and MPhil Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Opening of the Online Application for Admission for all P.G and M. Phil Programs: 1st July 2019 to 15th July 2019
- Dates for submission of hard copy of Application form along with enclosures: 1st July 2019 to 16th July 2018
- Dates for scrutiny of applications: 11th July to 15th July 2019
- Uploading of list of eligible applicants in the University website: 16th July 2019
- Aptitude Test/Viva Voce of eligible applicants (PG Students) Entrance Test/Viva Voce of Eligible applicants (M.Phil.): 19th July to 20th July 2019
- Publication of Merit List: 22nd July 2019 (for Post Graduate Courses & M. Phil)
- Admission to different Courses (PG & MPhil & Certificate Courses): 23rd to 27th July 2019 (Without Fine)
- Admission to different Courses (PG & MPhil & Certificate Courses): 29th to 30th July 2019 (With a Fine of Rs.500/-)
- Last date of declaration of results: Within 45 days from the date of completion of examinations
- Issue of Provisional Certificate-cum-Mark sheet: Within 15 days from the date of publication of results
Utkal University of Culture
Sanskruti Vihar, At/P.O.- Madanpur, Bhubaneswar-752054, Odisha, India, Tel.-(0674) 2972315/2972311, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.uuc.ac.in