University of Science and Technology Meghalaya announces Admission to PhD Program 2021
USTM PhD Admission 2021 – University of Science and Technology Meghalaya invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to PhD Courses offered by various departments in following subjects/discipline for academic session 2021 (July) Batch.
Interested candidates can apply online as per schedule. Read further for complete details on USTM PhD Admission 2021 from the page below.
PhD Programs offered & Seats
- Chemistry : 12
- Environmental Science : 01
- Geography : 03
- Physics : 10
- Mathematics : 05
- Botany : 14
- Biotechnology : 10
- Food Science & Technology : 04
- Zoology : 14
- Business Administration : 02
- Commerce : 03
- Computer Science & Electronics : 01
- Political Science : 03
- Sociology : 02
- Social Work : 03
- Rural Development : 02
- English : 02
- Education : 02
Duration of PhD Program
- Duration of the PhD Program is minimum of 3 years and maximum of 6 years.
USTM PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form : 30th July 2021
- Date of Entrance Test : 08th August 2021 (11:00 am)
- Date of declaration of Entrance Test Result : 10th August 2021
- Date of Admission : 12th to 17th August 2021
- venue of Entrance Examination : USTM Campus/Online Mode
- Date of Commencement of Course Work : 23rd August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for USTM PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates intending to enroll him/her for the PhD degree shall have following minimum qualification.
- Master Degree in Science/Arts/Business Administration/Humanities/Commerce/Engineering with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA from any recognized university.
USTM PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidate seeking admission to any of the above mentioned courses at University of Science & Technology (USTM), during the academic session 2021 (July) Batch can fill up online application through https://www.ustm.ac.in/
- After filling up all relevant information given in the online form applicant may submit the form after payment of application fee of Rs 2000 only through Net banking/Debit Card/Credit card.
- After submission of the online form, applicants will receive a copy of the acknowledgment to their registered E-mail and they may keep a hard copy of the acknowledgment for future reference. Hard copy of the acknowledgement is not required to send /submit to the university.
- Candidates may download the form & prospectus from university website www.ustm.ac.in. Fee of the form may be paid at the time of submission of the form in cash or DD of any nationalized bank drawn in favour of “University of Science and Technology, Meghalaya” payable at Guwahati.
- The Application form & Prospectus may also be obtained by sending a crossed Demand Draft(DD) of any nationalized bank with amount of Rs.2200/ drawn in favour of “University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya” payable at Guwahati along with a self addressed envelope of 30 X 25 cm size. IPO/ Cheque/MO will not be accepted.
- Application Fee Online : Rs. 2000/-
- Application Fee offline : Rs.2200/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card & Through offline – Demand Draft
- Admission will be based on the (i) 50% weightage from the academic credentials and (ii) 50% from entrance Test & personal interview. However, candidates having NET/SLET will be exempted from the written test. Such candidates will appear in personal interviews only. The list of selected candidates as per the performance will be uploaded to the website of the university.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website