University of Madras announces Admission to PhD Program for January 2022 Session
University of Madras PhD Admission – University of Madras invites applications for admission to the Full-Time/ Part-Time PhD program offered in various departments of the University, Colleges affiliated to University and recognized research institutions for the academics session 2022 (January)
Interested candidates can check out more details on University of Madras PhD Admission 2022 from the page below and apply for the same through online mode till 31st December 2021
Departments offering PhD Program
- Ancient History and Archaeology; Indian History; Anthropology; Criminology; Psychology; Education; Adult; Continuing Education; Sociology; Anna Centre for Public Affairs; Legal Studies; Economics; Christian Studies; Dr. Ambedkar Centre for Economic Studies; Mass Media & Comm. Studies; Information Science; Philosophy; Siva Siddhantha; Vaishnavism; Jainism; JBAS Centre for Islamic Studies; Indian Music; English; French; Tamil Language; Tamil Literature; Telugu; Malayalam; Kannada; Sanskrit; Hindi; Arabic Persian; Urdu; Commerce; Management Studies; Statistics
Duration of the Program
- Minimum: 3 years including course work for both full-time and part-time candidates
- Maximum: 6 Years
University of Madras PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Online Submission of Application Form Admission: 01st December 2021
- Hard copy of filled in applications to be submitted to concern University Dept by 31st December 2021
University of Madras PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Patterns of Study 10+2+3+2 (or) 11+1+3+2 are eligible for admission to the PhD Program.
- Candidates should have obtained a Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the qualifying examination (PG Degree). For SC/ST candidates and for candidates who have completed the PG degree before 1991, the minimum can be only 50% for admission to the Ph.D. Program.
- According to the Govt. Order, the M.Phil Degree obtained by the candidates through the correspondence / Distance Education / Open University System Govt. order only will be considered as eligible and the MPhil degree obtained through the Correspondence/Distance education/Open University System are not eligible.
- Part-time (Internal) Candidate employed other than as a teacher in a permanent job in a registered firm/Institution, within the territorial jurisdiction of the University with a minimum of FOUR YEARS of total working experience, after the qualifying (PG) degree and satisfying the rules framed separately by the syndicate from time to time are eligible
- Part-time (External) candidates employed as a teacher/scientist or in any other related capacity (as recommended by the selection committee of the concerned department) in National / State level Institutions, Research and Development (R&D) Centres / Laboratories and Institution outside the territorial jurisdiction of this University, in India
University of Madras PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Candidates who desires to get admission for January 2022 session are directed to submit the application form online from the University website www.unom.ac.in and the hard copy of the filled-in application forms should be submitted to the concerned University Departments/Affiliated Colleges/Research Institutions where they are proposed to undergo their research work along with the prescribed fee of Rs.500/- through online payment.
- SC/ST of Tamilnadu candidates alone are exempted from paying the application processing fee and that they should send a copy of the proof at the time of submission of application.
- For General/SC/ST Candidates – Rs.900/-
- Mode of Payment – Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
- Admission shall be based on the criteria notified by the Institution, keeping in view the guidelines/norms in this regard issued by the UGC and other statutory bodies concerned, and taking into account the reservation policy of the State Govt. from time to time.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website