University of Madras announces Admission to PhD Program for July 2021 Session
University of Madras PhD Admission 2021 – University of Madras invites applications for admission to the Full-Time/ Part-Time PhD Program offered in various departments of the University, Colleges affiliated to University and recognized research institutions for the academics session 2021 (July)
Interested candidates can check out more details on University of Madras PhD Admission 2021 from the page below and apply for the same through online mode till 08th August 2021
Dept. Offering PhD Program
- PhD Program: Ancient History and Archaeology; Indian History; Anthropology; Criminology; Psychology; Education; Adult; Continuing Education; Sociology
- Anna Centre for Public Affairs: Legal Studies Economics; Christian Studies
- Dr. Ambedkar Centre for Economic Studies: Mass Media & Comm. Studies; Information Science; Philosophy; Siva Siddhantha; Vaishnavism; Jainism
- JBAS Centre for Islamic Studies: Indian Music; English; French; Tamil Language; Tamil Literature; Telugu; Malayalam; Kannada; Sanskrit; Hindi; Arabic Persian; Urdu; Commerce; Management Studies; Statistics
University of Madras PhD Admission 2021 Important Date
- Hard copy of filled in applications to be submitted to concern University Dept.: 08th August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for University of Madras PhD Admission 2021
- Patterns of Study 10+2+3+2 (or) 11+1+3+2 are eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program.
- Should have obtained a Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the qualifying exam (PG Degree)
- SC/ST candidates and for candidates who have completed the PG degree before 1991, the minimum can be only 50% for admission to the Ph.D. Program.
- MPhil Degree obtained by the candidates through the correspondence /Distance Education / Open University System Govt. order only will be considered as eligible and the MPhil degree obtained through the Correspondence/Distance education/Open University System are not eligible
University of Madras PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates shall Register for the Ph.D. Degree Program in the University Departments, Affiliated Colleges, Research Institutions, or R & D Centres/Laboratories coming under these regulations in any one of the categories.
- A candidate who desires to get admission for July 2021 session are directed to submit the application form online from the University Website www.unom.ac.in
- For General/SC/ST Candidates – Rs.500/-
- Mode of Payment – Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
- Admission shall be based on the criteria notified by the Institution, keeping in view the guidelines/norms in this regard issued by the UGC and other statutory bodies concerned, and taking into account the reservation policy of the State Govt. from time to time
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website