University of Madras announces Admission to PhD Program for July 2023 Session, Apply now
University of Madras PhD Admission 2023 – University of Madras invites applications for admission to the Full-Time/ Part-Time PhD program offered in various departments of the University, Colleges affiliated to University and recognized research institutions for the academics session 2023 (July)
University of Madras PhD Admission 2023
Departments offering PhD Program
- Ancient History and Archaeology; Indian History; Anthropology; Criminology; Psychology; Education; Adult; Continuing Education; Sociology; Anna Centre for Public Affairs; Legal Studies; Economics; Christian Studies; Dr. Ambedkar Centre for Economic Studies; Mass Media & Comm. Studies; Information Science; Philosophy; Siva Siddhantha; Vaishnavism; Jainism; JBAS Centre for Islamic Studies; Indian Music; English; French; Tamil Language; Tamil Literature; Telugu; Malayalam; Kannada; Sanskrit; Hindi; Arabic Persian; Urdu; Commerce; Management Studies; Statistics
Duration of the Program
- Minimum: 3 years including course work for both full-time and part-time candidates
- Maximum: 6 Years
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form from the candidates for July 2023 session 30th June 2023
- Entrance Exam should be conducted during the month of July 2023 only 31st July 2023
- Patterns of Study 10+2+3+2 (or) 11+1+3+2 are eligible for admission to the PhD Program.
- Candidates should have obtained a Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the qualifying examination (PG Degree). For SC/ST candidates and for candidates who have completed the PG degree before 1991, the minimum can be only 50% for admission to the Ph.D. Program.
- According to the Govt. Order, the M.Phil Degree obtained by the candidates through the correspondence / Distance Education / Open University System Govt. order only will be considered as eligible and the MPhil degree obtained through the Correspondence/Distance education/Open University System are not eligible.
- Part-time (Internal) Candidate employed other than as a teacher in a permanent job in a registered firm/Institution, within the territorial jurisdiction of the University with a minimum of FOUR YEARS of total working experience, after the qualifying (PG) degree and satisfying the rules framed separately by the syndicate from time to time are eligible
- Part-time (External) candidates employed as a teacher/scientist or in any other related capacity (as recommended by the selection committee of the concerned department) in National / State level Institutions, Research and Development (R&D) Centres / Laboratories and Institution outside the territorial jurisdiction of this University, in India
- Candidates who desires to get admission for July 2023 session are directed to submit the application form online from the University website www.unom.ac.in
- Candidates all Instruction and other details read carefully before applying.
- For General/SC/ST Candidates – Rs.500/- + 18% GST (590)
- Mode of Payment – Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
- Admission shall be based on the criteria notified by the Institution, keeping in view the guidelines/norms in this regard issued by the UGC and other statutory bodies concerned, and taking into account the reservation policy of the State Govt. from time to time.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023