University of Kerala announce Post Graduate Degree Courses Admission for Academic session 2019
University of Kerala PG Program Admission 2019 – Kerala University has invited online applications for admission to the first year of the Post Graduate Degree Courses in Govt. /Aided/Self-Financing Colleges and Centres affiliated to the University for the academic year 2019- 20
See: Admission Notification and Dates
PG Program offered for Academic Session 2019-20
- M.A. (Master of Arts) : Sociology, Political Science, Malayalam Language and Literature, Tamil Language and Literature , Arabic Language and Literature, English language and Literature, German Language and Literature Russian Language and Literature, Music, Linguistics, Hindi Language and Literature, Sanskrit General Language and Literature, Archeology, Economics History, Islamic History, Philosophy, M.C.J. (Master of Communication and Journalism)
- M.Sc. (Master of Science): Geology, Environmental Sciences, Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, Bio
- Chemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Zoology (Pure & Applied), Integrative Biology, Computer Science, Chemistry, Demography & Biostatistics, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Psychology ,Statistics, Computational Biology
- MSW (Master of Social Works)
- M.Com (Master of Commerce
- MLI.Sc. (Master of Library and Information Science)
See: MA Admissions
University of Kerala PG Program Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Online application: 02nd April 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: 19, 20, 22, 23, 24 May 2019
- Publication of Rank List: 01st July 2019
- Admission Starts: 08th July 2019
- Classes Starts: 10th July 2019
- Admission Closes: 08th August 2019
Institutions & Seats
- The list of colleges to which admissions are to be made and the subjects offered and the total strength in each institution are given as Annexure-I, in the Prospectus.
- Categorization of Seats: Seats available in Govt/Aided/Self-financing Affiliated Colleges are mainly classified as Merit Seats/ Community seats/Management seats and Reservation seats
- The seats that are to be filled by the University in Govt. /Aided/Self-financing Affiliated Colleges are classified as “Merit Seats”
- The seats in Government/Aided/Self-financing affiliated Colleges/Centres of the University that are earmarked for SC/ST/SEBC/BPL/PWD/Reservation for Nominees/Sports persons are classified as “Reservation Seats”.
See: MSc Admissions
Eligibility Criteria for University of Kerala PG Program Admission 2019
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- Students who have pursued 10+2+3 scheme and obtained a Bachelor Degree from the University of Kerala or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto, and who have secured the following, shall be eligible for admission to PG program
- Candidate who have written the Bachelor’s degree Examination and awaiting results can also apply
- Candidates seeking admission to PG Degree Courses have to satisfy the academic eligibility as described in the following:
- English Language and Literature M A: BA English Language & Literature; BA English and Communicative English; BA Communicative English (Vocational); BA Communicative English OR any BA/BSc with credits earned for at least 4 English Language courses.
- Hindi Language and Literature MA: Graduates in B.A. Hindi. Any BA/B.Sc. degree holder with at least 4 Hindi Language courses.
- Malayalam Language and Literature MA: Graduates in B.A Malayalam. Also, any BA/BSc. with at least 4 Malayalam Language courses.
- Arabic Language and Lite ature MA: B.A Arabic, Any BA/BSc. with at least Arabic 4 language courses; B.A/B.Sc. in Afzal-ul-ulama.
- Sanskrit General Language and Literature MA: B.A Sanskrit (any specialization); any B.A/B.Sc. degree holders with at least 4 Sanskrit language courses
- Russian Language and Literature MA: Any B.A/B.Sc. with at least Russian language related courses; Any degree with diploma in Russian
- German Language and Literature MA: Any B.A/B.Sc. with German language related courses.
- Philosophy M A: BA Philosophy; any BA/BSc. Degree holder will be admitted after all BA Philosophy holders are admitted.
- History MA: Degree holders from BA/BSc/LLB. 80% of seats shall be reserved for candidate who holds BA Degree in History.
- Sociology MA: Any BA/BSc. from faculties of Arts/Social science/Science/Commerce/Law. 75% of the seats shall be reserved for candidates who hold B.A Sociology.
- Economics MA: B.A Economics, B.Sc. Mathematics or B.Sc. Statistics
- Political Science MA: Any BA from Faculty of Social Sciences, Law and Journalism.15% of seats will be reserved for candidates from humanities science and commerce. Weightage will be given to candidates from the discipline of Political Science.
- Public Administration MA: Any Degree
- Islamic History MA: B.A Islamic History; any B.A/B.Sc. degree holder will be admitted after all BA Islamic History holders are admitted.
- West Asian Studies MA: Any Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Languages and Fine Arts
- Linguistics MA: Any BA, B.Sc, B.Com/MBBS/B.Tech from faculties of Arts/ Social science/ Commerce/Law/ Medicine and Engineering.
- Tamil Language and Literature MA: B.A Tamil.
- Music MA: B.A Music; BPA
- Archaeology MA: Any BA, B.Sc.
- MSW: Any BA, B.Sc. 50% of the seats reserved for B.Sc. degree holders. Graduates in Social Science, commerce, Law, BSW, BBA.
- M.Com: B.Com/ B.B.A. 80% of the total seats would be reserved for candidates with B.Com.
- M.Com Global Business Operations: Any Degree in Commerce, Management, Law, Social Sciences, and Engineering
- M.C.J: Any Bachelor’s degree including BA, B.Sc., BBA, BCA, B.Tech., B.VSc., MBBS.
- M.Lisc.: Any Bachelor’s degree including BA, B.Sc., BBA, BCA, B.Tech., B.VSc., MBBS.
- M.Ed.: B.Ed. degree, additional weightage will be given to PG. (MA, M.Sc./M.Com) candidates in the respective area of specialization at B.Ed.
- LLM: LLB 5 year/3 year/Annual Scheme
- M.Sc. Biochemistry: B.Sc.in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biochemistry and Industrial Microbiology/ Graduates in any multimajor course with biochemistry (main).
- M.Sc. Biotechnology: B.Sc.in Zoology/Botany/Microbiology/Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Environmental Science/Aquatic Biology
- M.Sc. Genetics & Plant Breeding: B.Sc. Botany or in any Multi-major course with Botany. B.Sc. botany and biotechnology’
- M.Sc. Biodiversity Conservation: B.Sc. in Botany/Zoology
- M.Sc. Demography and Biostatistics: B.Sc. Mathematics/ Statistics/BA Economics/Sociology/B.Sc. Geography/Anthropology with Statistics as one of the Complementary subjects
- M.Sc. Actuarial Science: B.Sc. Mathematics/ Statistics/ Actuarial Science/ Mathematical Actuarial Science/Actuarial Statistics /Actuarial Economics/ Computer Science
- M.Sc. Chemistry: B.Sc. Chemistry/ Polymer Chemistry/Industrial chemistry/ Analytical chemistry with Mathematics as one of the Complementary subjects.
- M.Sc. Aquatic Biology and Fisheries: B.Sc. Aquatic Biology and Fisheries Zoology/Aquaculture/ fisheries Science (BFSC)
- M.Sc. Computer Science: B.Sc Degree in Computer Science/Computer Application (BCA)/Electronics
- M.Sc. Geology: B.Sc. Geology.
- M.Sc. Environmental Science: B.Sc. Environmental Science/ Botany/ Zoology/Biochemistry/ Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry/ Geology
- M.Sc. Computational Biology: B.Sc. Computational Biology/ Computer Science/ BCA Electronics/ Information technology/ Bioinformatics/ Mathematics/B.Tech in any branch
- M.Sc. Mathematics: B.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Physics: B.Sc. Physics with Mathematics
- M.Sc. Statistics: B.Sc. Statistics; B.Sc. Mathematics (with Statistics courses). 30% of those general merit seats shall be reserved for B.Sc. Statistics Degree.
- M.Sc. Applied Statistics and Data Analytics: B.Sc in Statistics/Applied Statistics or B.Sc. Mathematics with Statistics at subsidiary level or B.Sc. Physics with Statistics at subsidiary level or B.Sc. Computer science with Statistics at subsidiary level
- M.Sc. Zoology (Pure & Applied): B.Sc. Zoology
- M.Sc. Integrative Biology: B.Sc. Zoology with Chemistry & Botany as Complementary subjects
- M.Sc. Applied Psychology: B.A/B.Sc. Psychology
- M.Sc. Data Science: B.Sc. Degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/B.Tech. in Computer Science/Information Technology
See: M.Com Admission
University of Kerala PG Program Admission 2019 Application Process
- Any candidate who wishes to join PG Degree Program in the University Departments should compulsorily register online at http://admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in. A candidate will have the facility to apply for a maximum of 3 programs through a single registration.
- On successful completion of the online registration, the candidate should take the printout of the same.
See: Law Entrance Exams
The procedure for online application consists of the following mandatory steps:
- Step 1: Registering in the site
- Step 2: Entering Personal Details, Marks/SGPA of Qualifying Examination upto ivth Semester in the case of Arts, Social Sciences and Sciences and options for various programmes.
- Step 3: Download the Challan, Remit the fees and then enter Fee Remittance Details
- Step 4: Uploading of photograph and signature
- Step 5: Option for verifying the application
- Step 6: Printout of the Application.
The Registration Fee will be as follows:
- General :Rs. 500/- ; SC/ST: Rs.250/- Additional Subjects: General :Rs.100/-
- Additional Subjects: SC/ST:Rs.50/-
- The Registration fee can be remitted by online payment or to the A/C No. 67153233669 in any branch of State Bank of India using the special Chalan of Kerala University available in the ‘Download Challan’ link in the website (www.admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in)
See: M.Ed Admissions
- Entrance examination as mandatory entry requirement: There shall be an entrance examination for admission to each PG Program and no candidate shall be admitted to a PG Program without taking the entrance examination; provided that the restrictions do not apply to SC/ST candidates admitted to vacant seats, foreign candidates and sponsored candidates.
Nature of Entrance Examinations:
- Entrance examinations shall consist of 60 Multiple Choice Questions for 60 marks and descriptive type question for 40 marks covering subject knowledge at qualifying examination and/ or logical and numerical reasoning, for maximum of 2 hours.
- The descriptive part contains 8 questions out of 12 of 5 marks each.
- There shall be 0.25 negative mark for each wrong answer choice questions in entrance examination
For more information visit the University Website: https://admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in