University of Kerala announces Admission to Postgraduate Courses for Session 2021
Kerala University PG Admission 2021 – University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram invites applications for admission to various the Post Graduate (PG) Degree courses in the Departments of the University of Kerala, for the academic year 2021-22
PG Programs Offered
- Programs in University Departments & Centres are as follows:
- M.A. (Master of Arts) – Arabic Language and Literature, Archaeology, Economics,English Language and Literature, German Language and Literature, Hindi Language and Literature, History, Islamic History, Linguistics, Malayalam Language and Literature, Malayalam Literature, Kerala Studies and Media Studies, M.C.J (Master of Communication and Journalism), Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Administration, Politics International Relations and Diplomacy, Russian Language and Literature, Sanskrit General Language and Literature, Sociology, Tamil Language and Literature, West Asian Studies
- M.Sc. (Master of Science) – Actuarial Science, Applied Psychology, Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, Applied Aquaculture, Bio-Chemistry, Biodiversity Conservation, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Chemistry with Specialization in Renewable Energy, Computational Biology with Specialization in Machine Learning, Computational Biology Specialization in Computer Aided Drug Design, Computational Biology Specialization in NGS Data Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Science with Specialization in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Demography & Biostatistics, Environmental Sciences, Climate Change and Disaster Management, Geology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Integrative Biology (Zoology), Mathematics, Mathematics with Finance and Computation, Physics, Physics with Specialization in Space Physics, Physics with Specialization in Renewable Energy, Statistics, Applied Statistics and Data Analytics, Zoology (Pure & Applied)
- M. Tech. (Master of Technology)
- Computer Science with specialization in Digital Image Computing, Technology Management, Electronics & Communication (Optoelectronics & Optical Communications)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration) General & Tourism.
- MSW (Master of Social Works)
- LLM (Master of Laws)
- M.Ed (Education)
- M.Com, M.Com (Global Business Operations), M.Com Rural Management
- MLI.Sc. (Master of Library and Information Science)
Kerala University PG Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Notification of Admissions: 03rd May 2021
- Last Date for Online application: 31st May 2021
- Dates of Entrance Examination: 21st June to 25th June 2021
- Publication of Rank List: 26th July 2021
- Admission Starts: 02nd August 2021
- Classes Starts: 10th August 2021
- Admission Closes: 31st August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala University PG Admission 2021
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen. For foreign candidates, relevant regulations apply.
- Indulgence in Ragging as disqualification: If an applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she had indulged in ragging, admissions shall be denied or he/she shall be expelled from the institution. The student at the time of admission should give an undertaking as per the provisions of anti-ragging verdict by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India (Annexure VI).
- For PG Programs
- Students who have pursued 10+2+3 scheme and obtained a Bachelor Degree from the University of Kerala or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto, and who have secured the following, shall be eligible for admission to PG Programs:
(a) CGPA of 2 or above in a 4 – point scale or
(b) 3.5 or above in a 7 -point scale or
(c) 5 or above in a 10-point scale or
(d) 50% or above in case of Bachelor Degrees which award marks,
Relaxation for candidates from SC/ST category shall be as follows:
(a) CGPA of 1.8 or above in a 4-point scale
(b) 3.15 or above in a 7-point scale
(c) 4.5 or above in a 10-point scale
(d) 45% or above in case of Bachelor Degrees which award marks.
- Candidat shall hold Bachelor degree in subjects specified in Schedule I, for admission to corresponding PG Programs.
- Candidates who have written the Bachelors degree Exam and awaiting results can also apply.
Eligibility for Program:
- MA Program: Graduates
- MSW Program: Any BA, B.Sc. 50% of the seats reserved for B.Sc. degree holders. Graduates in Social Science
- M.Com Program: B.Com/ B.B.A.
- M.Sc. Program: B.Sc./BCA/B.Tech in any branch
- M.C.J Program: Any Bachelor’s degree including BA, B.Sc., BBA, BCA, B.Tech., B.VSc., MBBS.
- M.LISc. Program: Any Bachelor’s degree including BA, B.Sc., BBA, BCA, B.Tech., B.VSc., MBBS.
- M.Ed. Program: B.Ed. degree, additional weightage will be given to PG. (MA, M.Sc./M.Com) candidates in the respective area of specialization at B.Ed.
- LLM Program: LLB 5 year/3 year/Annual Scheme
Kerala University PG Admission 2021 Application Process
- Interested candidates are required to submit the application form can be downloaded from website https://www.keralauniversity.ac.in/
- Duly filled in, with the required documents along with the required application fee. Application form received without the application fees, shall be rejected.
- Application forms complete in all respects along with attested copies of mark lists of all exams (semesters/years) should be submitted to “The Director, Inter University Centre for Geospatial Information Science and Technology, University of Kerala, Kariavattom campus, Thiruvananthapuram-695581” on or before 31st May 2021
- The Registration Fee will be as follows:
- General: Rs. 525/- : SC/ST: Rs.265/-
- Additional Subjects: General: Rs.105/-
- Additional Subjects: SC/ST: Rs.55/-
- The Registration fee can be remitted by online payment only
- A candidate who does not belong to the SC/ST Community will be treated as “General” candidate for this purpose. Candidates shall not remit the fee in any other form like Demand Draft, Cheque etc.
- Entrance examinations shall consist of 60 Multiple Choice Questions for 60 marks and descriptive type questions for 40 marks covering subject knowledge at qualifying examination and/ or logical and numerical reasoning, for a maximum of 2 hours.
- The descriptive part contains 8 questions out of 12 of 5 marks each.
- Medium of Examination shall be English except for Languages.
- The Admit Card for the Entrance Exam can be downloaded from the official website of the University of Kerala, admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in
- The candidates will have to enter their Application number and Password in order to download the admit card
- They will have to take a printout of the admit card. Admit cards will not be sent by post from the University. The venue of the examination and time table will be given in the admit card.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website