Calcutta University Kolkata notifies Entrance Test (RET) for Admission to PhD Program in Sanskrit 2022, Apply now
University of Calcutta PhD in Sanskrit Admission 2022 – University of Calcutta invites applications in the prescribed proforma from candidates intending to enroll for the PhD program in Sanskrit for the academic session 2022.
University of Calcutta PhD in Sanskrit Admission 2022
- Date of Submission Ph.D. Enrollment 14th Nov to 25th November 2022
- Date of Research Eligibility test-written part (RET-WP): 15th December 2022
- Publication of Result: 23rd December 2022, Time: 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
- Date of Interview: 10th January 2023 Time : 12:00 Noon onward.
- Display of the list of successful candidates eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program (Tentative: 25th January 2023)
Number of Seats: 10
- Master’s degree in Sanskrit from a UGC-recognised University or a degree declared equivalent to Master’s degree by corresponding statutory regulatory body of this University, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency, recognized by an author under a law in its home country.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differentially-abled and other categories of candidates as per norms of the UGC.
- Reservation Policy of the Central/State Government will be followed.
- Filled-in Application from, accompanied by a one-page research proposal and copies of MA/MSc. Mark-sheet and NET/SET/SLET/M.Phil. certificate (if applicable), will have to be submitted at the Secretary Office, UCAC, University of Calcutta, Kolkata-700073.
- The selection procedure will adhere to the following schedule/criteria. All subsequent notification and change related to this programme will be made in the Notice Board of the Department (address shown above).
RET Exam Pattern
- Syllabus of RET-WP will be of M.A. in Sanskrit, Calcutta University
- Structure of RET Essay type Question ( 10 mark each); five Questions are to be answered within 2 hours.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website