University of Calcutta announces admission to PhD in Philosophy 2022
University of Calcutta PhD in Philosophy Admission 2022 – University of Calcutta invites applications for admission to PhD in Philosophy Programme of the Department of Philosophy for the academic year 2022.
University of Calcutta PhD in Philosophy Admission 2022
- Last date for submission of application forms to the Department on : 27th September 2022
- Lists of candidates eligible to appear for the direct interview & written test will be put up latest by : 14th October 2022 (The list will be displayed in the Department and the University website).
- Written Examination on 18th October 2022, Venue- Deptt. of Philosophy, Alipur Campus, 2″ floor, 1 Reformatory Street, Kolkata-700027, Time: 12 noon to 2 p.m.
- List of candidates who have qualified in the written test and are eligible for the interview will be put up on 01st November 2022
- Interview will be held on 10th and 11th November 2022 (if required) from 11.30 am onwards.
- The final list of selected candidates for Ph.D. admission (provisional) will be put up latest by 02nd December 2022. (The list will be displayed in the Department and the University website)
- Coursework will commence from January 2023
- Candidates having degree in Master degree in concerned disciplines with minimum marks (selection through Entrance Test & Interview);
- Candidates having degree in Master degree in concerned disciplines (UGC I CSIR (JRF) Examinations / NET / SET/SLET IM.Phil (Philosophy)! Teacher Fellowship or equivalent) with minimum marks (Selection through Interview only).
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed proforma (www.caluniv.ac.in) by paying Rs.100/- online SBI payment (https://www.onlinesbi.co. Click with SB Collect – payment for miscellaneous fees – application for admission to Ph.D.).
- Selection will be based on the written test & interview.
- The allocation of supervisors will be on the basis of this interview. Those candidates who have already passed UGC I CSIR (JRF) Examinations / NET / SET/SLET IM.Phil (Philosophy)! Teacher Fellowship or equivalent examinations need not appear at the written examination and can directly apply to appear at the interview.
Entrance Test Pattern
- The eligible candidates will have to appear for a written examination of two hours duration to be held in the Department of Philosophy, University of Calcutta, 1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata-27.
- A) Entrance test (50 marks) will comprise the following:
- i) Questions on any topic (30 marks) (from a wide choice of topics in the following areas: Epistemology, Metaphysics, Analytic Philosophy, Philosophy of Wittgenstein, Ethics, Philosophy of Mind, Social & Political Philosophy, Philosophy of Kant, Aristotle (Metaphysics, Ethics & Politics), Phenomenology & Existentialism, Philosophy of Language (Indian and Western), Classical and Contemporary Western Philosophy, Classical and Contemporary Indian Philosophy. Philosophy of Religion. NyCaya-Vaisesika, Vedanta, Comparative Religion, Logic).
- ii) Comprehension (20 marks).
- B) Interview (50 marks).
For more details and to apply please visit the official website