Calcutta University announces Admission to PhD in Home Science (Food and Nutrition, Human Development) 2023, Apply now
University of Calcutta PhD in Home Science Admission 2023 – University of Calcutta invites application for admission to PhD in Home Science (Food and Nutrition) and Phd in Home Science (Human Development) Program for the academic session 2023.
University of Calcutta PhD in Home Science Admission 2023
No. of Vacancies
- 07 vacancies in Home Science (Food and Nutrition)
- 13 vacancies in Home Science (Human Development)
- Date of application: 25th July to 4th August, 2023
- Submission of application forms with testimonials at Department of Home Science Within: 08th August, 2023
- Date of publication of eligible list of candidates: 17th August, 2023
- Date of RET Examination: 22nd August 2023
- Tentative date of publication of list of eligible candidates for Interview: 29th August 2023
- Date of Interview: 11th September 2023
- Publication of result: Will be notified at the University of Calcutta
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University PhD in Home Science Admission 2023
- For Ph.D. in Food and Nutrition – M.Sc. in Food and Nutrition or equivalent degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks in M.Sc. for General candidates and minimum 50% marks in M.Sc. for SC/ST/OBC/Physically handicapped candidates.
- For Ph.D. in Human Development – M.A. /M.Sc. in Human Development or equivalent degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks in M.A. /M.Sc. for General candidates and minimum 50% marks in M.A. / M.Sc. for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Reservation in admission shall strictly abide by the West Bengal State Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.
- Candidates are requested to download the application form from the university website (http://www.caluniv.ac.in/) and to submit the filled-in form with photocopies of all relevant testimonials within.
- Candidates are requested to deposit application fee of Rs.100/- either by cash or DD through duly filled in C.U. Challan, endorsed by the Head of the Department.
- Admission to PhD Program will be on the basis of Research Entrance Test (RET) followed by Interview.
- Admission test for Ph.D. programme in Home Science will be of 50 marks. The medium of writing answers for the admission test is English.
For Food and Nutrition
- MCQ will be asked for 1 mark each. Total no. of questions will be 50.Total marks will be 50
For Human Development
- MCQ will be asked for 1 mark each. Total no. of questions will be 30.
- Essay type questions will be asked of 10 marks each. Total no. of questions will be 2.
- So total marks for each type of question is 50.
For any query please visit the Official Website