University of Calcutta announces Admission to PhD Program in Geography for Session 2022, Apply now
University of Calcutta PhD in Geography Admission 2022 – University of Calcutta (UC) Kolkata invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in Geography offered at the Department of Geography for the academic session 2022.
University of Calcutta PhD in Geography Admission Dates 2022
- Last date for submission of applications : 22 March 2022 (Tuesday)
- Display of the list of eligible candidates : 05 April 2022 (Tuesday)
- Date of Research Eligibility Test-Written Part (RET–WP) : 19 April 2022 (Tuesday)
- Display of the list of successful candidates in RET–WP : 29 April 2022 (Friday)
- Date of RET–OP Interview : 10 & 11 May 2022 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
- Display of the list of successful candidates eligible for admission to the PhD programme (Tentative) : 27 May 2022 (Friday)
- Commencement of PhD Coursework (Tentative) : 10 June 2022 (Friday)
University of Calcutta PhD in Geography Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Masters degree in Geography from a UGC-recognised University or a degree declared equivalent to Master’s degree by corresponding statutory regulatory body of this University, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency, recognised by an authority under a law in its home country. A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differentially-abled and other categories of candidates as per the norms of the UGC.
- Reservation Policy of the Central /State Government will be followed
University of Calcutta PhD in Geography Admission Application Process 2022
- PhD programme in Geography in the prescribed pro-forma available from <http://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/CU_RET_Form.pdf>
- Filled-in Application Form, accompanied by a one-page research proposal and copies of MA/MSc marksheet and NET / SET / SLET / MPhil certificate (if applicable), will have to be submitted at the Department Office after paying the prescribed fee at the University cash counter. Before that, the payment challan has to be endorsed by the HoD or his nominated faculty member.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Research Entrance Test (RET) conducted by the university followed by an interview.
- The eligible candidates who cleared NET/ SET/ SLET/ M.Phil are exempted from appearing in RET–WP and should directly appear for RET–Oral Part (RET–OP) Interview
- Structure of RET–WP: 30 multiple-choice questions (all compulsory – 2-mark each) and 2 essEntrance Exam Notifications 2022ay-type questions (10-mark each) are to be answered within 2 hours.
- The essay-type questions areto be chosen from two groups—Physical Geography and Human Geography—containing three questions in each.
- Syllabus of RET–WP will be the same as for the latest UGC NET Examination in Geography.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website