University of Calcutta announces Research Eligibility Test (RET) for PhD Agronomy Admission 2020
University of Calcutta PhD Agronomy Admission 2020 – Department of Agronomy, Institute of Agricultural Science, Calcutta University, invites applications for admission to PhD (Agronomy) Program for the academic year 2019-20
No. of Seats
- 03 (Three) vacancies exist in the Dept. for admission to PhD considering the strength and availability of faculty members Reservation will be followed as per the WB(Part-I)/2014/SAR
University of Calcutta PhD Agronomy Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form 5th November 2019.
- Interview (Research Eligibility Test) on 6th November, 2019 at 2 p.m. and 6th November, 2019
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta PhD Agronomy Admission 2020
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree in Agronomy with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) are eligible to apply.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per UGC Ph.D. Regulations,2016.
- Those who have qualified in NET/GATE/ or have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship would be exempted from the Ph.D. entrance test. They may directly submit a statement of purpose or research in brief and appear in the interview.
University of Calcutta PhD Agronomy Admission 2020 Application Process
- Application Forms may be downloaded from the University Website www.caluniv.ac.in
For more information visit the University website: www.caluniv.ac.in
University of Calcutta
Department of Agronomy, Institute of Agricultural Science, University of Calcutta