Calcutta University announces Research Eligibility Test 2019 for PhD Anthropology Admission
University of Calcutta PhD Anthropology Admission 2019 – Applications are invited for the Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2019 for the admission to Ph.D. Programme in the Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta for the academic year 2019
PhD Degree Program
- The Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) shall be awarded to a candidate on the basis of original research work of merit incorporated in a thesis, recommended by a board of examiners and successfully defended by the candidate during a Viva-Voce
Duration of Program
- The PhD Programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including coursework and a maximum of six years since admission (i.e. enrolment)
No. of Seats
- Total number of seats declared for admission is 15 (Fifteen)
University of Calcutta Research Eligibility Test 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form: 16th April 2019
- Announcement of the shortlisted candidates for the Entrance Test on the N.B. of the Dept.: 22nd April 2019
- Date of PhD Entrance Test: 29th April 2019
- Date of Interview: 07th May 2019
- Venue of the interview: Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta Phd Anthropology Admission 2019
- Candidates must be Master’s degree or a degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body of this University, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedure
- The University shall admit a Ph.D. student through an entrance test followed by an interview. The students who have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF) Exams/ NET / SET / SLET /GATE or have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship /Teacher fellowship or have passed equivalent exams or passed the M.Phil./ M.Tech / M.D/ M.E./ M.Pharm or equivalent exam shall not be required to appear at the PhD entrance test.
- Reservation policy in admission will be followed as per the West Bengal State Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.
University of Calcutta Research Eligibility Test 2019 Application Process
- Application Form can be downloaded from https://www.caluniv.ac.in/
- The duly filled application form should be submitted at the Office of the Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta
- Application are invited for the RET examination 2019 for the admission to Ph.D. Programme in the Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta following the Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, 2016, University of Calcutta (available in the website of the University of Calcutta; www.caluniv.ac.in)