University of Burdwan announces admission to 2-year B.Ed. Program for Session 2023-24, Apply now
Burdwan University B.Ed. Admission 2023 – University of Burdwan (BU) has released the notification for admission into 2-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Program under the Department of Education, Golapbag, B.U. for the session 2023-24. The applicants can get the complete details of the University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admission 2023 such as application form, eligibility criteria,admission process, etc from the post below.
Burdwan University B.Ed. Admission 2023
B.Ed. Program in Self-Financed
- Medium of Instruction: Bengali or English
- Duration of Program: 2 years
Availability of Method Subjects
- Bengali, English, Sanskrit, Hindi, Geography, History, Political Science, Philosophy, Education, Economics, Commerce, Music, Fine Arts., Life Science (Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Bio-technology, Nutrition, Micro-biology, Env. Sc.), Physical Science (Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry), Mathematics (Statistics/ Computer Application /Computer Science / Engineering or Technology)
- Date of Opening of Online Portal for Application : 01.09.2023
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form is 15th September 2023
- Date of Completion of Admission : 29.09.2023
- Date of Commencement of Classes of 01st semester: 10.10.2023
- Candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Science/Social Science/Humanity/Commerce, or Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks, or any other qualification equivalent thereto, be eligible for application.
- There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC, ST and DA (Differently Abled) categories.
- N.B.: 50% or 45% marks (as the case may be) in Bachelor’s degree with Hons. may be determined either on the basis of Hons. marks only or on the basis of Hons. marks and marks of the elective subjects taken together (excluding ENVS & Languages)
- Age of the Fresh Candidates as on shall not exceed 38 years and there shall be relaxation of 5 years in favour of DA category candidates.
- Reservation of seats for SC & ST candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) is not applicable to Self-financed B.Ed. Colleges.
- Reservation of seats for SC & ST candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) is not applicable to Self-financed B.Ed. Colleges. As per Govt.
- Online application for admission to B.Ed. Programme in Self-financed B.Ed. Colleges under B.U. will be available on and from 01st September 2023 (upto 11.59 pm) on the University Website buruniv.ac.in
- Mode of payment of application fees (Rs.300/- + transaction charge) will be through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking and Allahabad Bank e-challan. Allahabad Bank E-challan can be generated after submission of on-line form. Candidates are advised to take the print out of the E-challan on the basis of which payment can be made at any branch of Allahabad Bank.
- Candidates, engaged in any other Course of Studies/Job/Full-time Research Work, shall not be allowed to pursue this course simultaneously.
- Total fee for pursuing this Course in the Self-financed Colleges is Rs. 50,000/- (including Uni. Exam Fee Rs.1000/- for 1st & 2nd semesters) per annum both for Deputed & Fresh Candidates of which Rs.20000/- will be paid at the time of admission and the rest (i.e. Rs.30000/-) will be paid in six (6) equal monthly installments starting from the month of September every year.
- Note that total course fee for 2- years is Rs. 1,00,000/- per student.
- In addition to the above fees, students will pay only Enrollment fee, Centre fee etc. separately.
- The authority of each Self-financed College will spend Rs. 75,000/- only per unit (i.e. for 50 students) in every academic year for the benefit of the students in the form of relaxation of tuition fees
- On the basis of the online submission of application, the university shall prepare provisional merit list without verification of the accuracy and authenticity of the data submitted by the applicants
- Applicants shall remain responsible for the inaccuracy/insufficiency and lack of authenticity of the data entered and the candidature may be cancelled at any stage of admission and even during the continuation of the program. The rank of the provisional merit list may be changed due to inaccuracy/insufficiency and lack of authenticity of the data entered.
For Deputed Candidates
- The Provisional Rank list shall be prepared on the basis of their approved length of services on June 30, 2023. In case of the same length of service of two or more candidates, the 2nd and 3rd criteria shall be Total Grade Point and Date of Birth respectively.
- Separate list for deputed applicants shall be prepared as per the following groups:
- Language & Social Science Group: (Beng., Eng., Sans., Hin., Geo., Hist., Pol. Sc.,Phil., Edn., Eco., Music, Commerce, Fine Arts)
- Life Science Group: (Zoo., Bot., Physio., Bio-tech., Nutri, Micro-bio., Env.Sc.,)
- Physical Science Group: (Phy., Elect., Chem., Bio-chem.),
- Mathematics Group: (Math., Stat., Comp. Application, Comp. Sc., Engineering of Technology)
- For Fresh Candidates, Subject wise Provisional Rank list [mentioning category and category wise rank (i.e. SC, ST & PWD) ]shall be prepared on the basis of their Grade Points to be computed as per the following norms:
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at the M.P.(S.E.) or Equivalent Examination
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at the H.S.(10+2) or Equivalent Examinations) 15% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Gen.)Examination or
- 15% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com.(Gen.) Examination or, b) 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Hons. or equivalent Examination [% of marks obtained in this case shall be computed considering the marks of Hons. subject only.]
- 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at Post Graduate Examination
- 5 marks shall be awarded for M. Phil. Degree or, b) 8 marks shall be awarded for Ph.D. degree.(Candidates with M. Phil. & Ph. D. degrees both, only 8 marks are awarded)
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website