Hyderabad University announces PhD Admission for January 2020 Session
University of Hyderabad PhD Admission 2020 – University of Hyderabad invites application from bright, aspiring candidates committed to excellence in research to apply for PhD Programs in various Schools/Departments and Centres in the January 2020 Session.
PhD Programs Offered
- Mathematics, Statistics / Operations Research, Computer Science ,Physics, Electronics Science
- Chemistry, Biochemistry, Plant Sciences, Animal Biology, Biotechnology, English
- Philosophy, Hindi, Telugu Urdu, Applied Linguistics and Translation Studies ,Comparative Literature, Sanskrit Studies, English Language Studies, Dalit and Adivasi Studies and Translation
- Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Regional Studies
- Folk Culture Studies ,Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy, Indian Diaspora ,Human Rights
- Dance, Theatre Arts, Communication, Management Studies ,Medical Sciences, Materials Engineering, Earth and Space Sciences, ACRHEM, Psychology, Gender Studies, Cognitive Science, Language Endangered Studies, Integrated M.Sc./ Ph.D., Biotechnology
University of Hyderabad PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Commencement of online submission 09th October 2019
- Last date for Submitting the Online Application 31st October 2019
- Downloading of Hall Tickets for Written Test 05th November 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination (Only at Hyderabad Centre) 10th November 2019
Eligibility Criteria for University of Hyderabad PhD Admission 2020
- The eligibility of candidates passing their qualifying examinations from Universities following the letter grading system / CGPA will be determined on the basis of percentage equivalent to the letter grade/ CGPA obtained by the candidates according to the conversion formula adopted by the University concerned. In the absence of any such formula, the decision of the University shall be final and binding on the candidates
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying degree examination and expecting their results and certificates before 31st July may also apply for admission
- Candidates who have completed or will be completing all the formalities, viz., written theory examinations, completed practical exams, submitted Project reports, completed viva-voce exams, etc., before 31st July 2019 and are waiting for the results of the qualifying degree exam and those who are due to appear in the qualifying degree examination in the above stated aspects and expecting their results to be declared and are getting their certificates before 31st July 2019 will also be allowed to appear for the entrance test
- Admission to the University is open to all who fulfill the prescribed qualifications without any distinction of race, caste, creed, language or sex. The selection is made strictly on the basis of merit at the entrance examination.
- General: 550/-
- EWS : Rs.500/-
- OBC : Rs.350/-
- SC/ST/PWD(PH) : Rs 250/-.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded
- Application fee can be paid using ONLINE Payment Gateway link provided on the form
University of Hyderabad PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Application form has to be submitted online from 9th October, 2019 to 31st October, 2019. Before applying online, candidates will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her Photograph (25kb) and signature (10kb). Scanned copy of Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC/EWS applicants.
- Entrance Examination for the January 2020 session will be conducted in the University of Hyderabad campus only and Hall Tickets for the entrance examination can be downloaded from the website.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
For more details please visit the University Website at: https://acad.uohyd.ac.in or https://www.uohyd.ac.in