TISS Mumbai Post Graduate Diploma in Patient Navigation (KEVAT) Admission 2019-20
TMC Mumbai Post Graduate Diploma Course in Patient Navigation Admission 2019 – Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) and Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) are jointly offering a Post Graduate Diploma Course in Patient Navigation – KEVAT for the academic year 2019-20 batch
The course will train people to assist patients to manage their medical experiences. This article provides complete information about the eligibility criteria, features of the course and the application procedure.
Tata Memorial Centre
- Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) has announced the launch of a unique course in healthcare, namely, a one-year Post Graduate Diploma Course in Patient Navigation – Kevat
- This course is being conducted in collaboration with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- Post Graduate Diploma in Patient Navigation – KEVAT
- The course intends to create a new specialty in healthcare – a specialized workforce of trained professionals to help patients manage their medical experience, coordinate their care and assist them with navigation of complicated and multi-step medical system
- The navigators would also be empowered to address a multitude of patient needs including communication and counselling
- Graduate/Post graduate degree from a recognized Institute/ University with minimum 50% marks preferably in Medical Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or Public Health. Graduate/Post Graduate from all other disciplines can also apply.
- Indian nationals up to 35 years of age are eligible to apply
- Relaxation in upper age limit will be considered for sponsored candidates and for candidates from North-east
- Candidates with proficiency in computers and any other language besides English and Hindi will be preferred.
- Candidates with work experience in the healthcare sector will be preferred.
- Persons working under Central/State Govt. /Autonomous Body/Semi Govt. Organizations, NGO’s, NCG Member Institutes, Medical Institutions and other Public Sector Undertakings must submit their No Objection Certificate which is enclosed with application form template forwarded through the head of the organization
- A few seats will be reserved for candidates from the North-east.
See: Medical Entrance Exams
- Selection will be based on the evaluation of performance of candidates in MCQ, followed by Aptitude test, Essay Writing and Interview.
- Only those candidates who score at least 50% marks in the MCQ entrance exam are eligible to be called for Aptitude test, Essay & Interview.
- A fixed number of candidates (not exceeding 2 times number of seats) will be called for the interview from those who have scored 50% and above in the MCQ test.
- One year, Full time Course
- Rs. 18,000 for the entire course
- Post successful completion of the first 6 months of course, students shall be provided an opportunity to pursue a 6 months internship with a monthly stipend of Rs.15000/-
- Eligible applicants can apply ONLINE through the link on TMC website viz. https://tmc.gov.in
- All relevant documents must be scanned and uploaded online. Hard copies of relevant documents and application form must NOT be submitted to the Institute.
- All correspondence with the applicant will be done via email only.
- Responsibility of filling up the form correctly will be that of the candidate. Tata Memorial Centre will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email ID provided by the candidate or delivery of emails to spam/bulk mail folder etc.
- The candidate must submit Online Application. Only successfully committed applications will be accepted. Late & incomplete applications are liable to be rejected. No correspondence of any kind will be entertained in this regard.
- For any help or queries regarding the application process, one may call on the numbers mentioned below (9 am – 5pm):
- Rs.500/- for all candidates (Through Online Payment Only)
- Last date of Online Application: 26th August 2019
- Date of MCQ Test: 07th September 2019
- Date of Aptitude Test, Essay Writing and Comprehension Passage: 08th September 2019
- Date of Interview: Third week of September 2019
- Final List of selected candidates on TMC website
- Initiation of the Course: Second week of October 2019
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification