TATA Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai announce Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
TISS Mumbai PhD & M.Phil Admission 2023 – Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is inviting PhD applications across Mumbai Campus and Hyderabad & Guwahati Off Campuses in the following thematic areas as stated below. Each programme has delineated the themes under which applications are invited for the academic year 2023
TISS Mumbai PhD Admission 2023
- Mumbai Campus : Habitat Studies; Public Health; Health Services Management; Management and Labour Studies ; Social Work; School of Human Ecology (Applied Psychology); Women’s Studies; Development Studies; Social Sciences (to be anchored by School of Research Methodology) ; Inclusive Development and Social Justice; Disaster Studies; CETE; Library & Information Science; Education
- Hyderabad Off Campus : Gender Studies, Education Social Sciences
- Guwahati Off Campus : Social Sciences
- Announcement of Online Admission on the website: May 02, 2023
- Announcement of Online Application for Admission: May 09, 2023
- Last Date for Online form APPLICATION / REGISTRATION: May 31, 2023
- TISS_RAT Hall Ticket Available(Online) for downloading: June 15, 2023
- Research Aptitude Test (RAT): June 24/25, 2023 (Tentative)
- RAT assessment: June 28- July 01, 2023
- Research Aptitude Test (RAT) results announcement: July 05, 2023
- Proposal & OPI Examination: July 12-20, 2023
- Announcement of Selected Candidates List & Instruction Announcement: July 28, 2023
- Verification of Documents: July 31- August 04, 2023
- Commencement of New Academic Session 2023-24 for Junior Scholars: August 07, 2023
For PhD Program
- The minimum academic qualification for admission to the PhD programs is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55 % of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven-point scale of the University Grants Commission (UGC). In the case of SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 45 % of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 2.50.
- Candidates who have an M.Phil or equivalent degree awarded by a recognized university in India or abroad are also eligible to apply for the PhD Program.
- Submission of a research proposal is a compulsory requirement for admission for the Ph.D. Programme.
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the official website https://admissions.tiss.edu/
- Candidates are requested to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidates found ineligible will be rejected at any stage in the admission process and no grievances will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates seeking admission to the PhD 2023 program are required to submit an online application on or before May 31, 2023.
Applying for 1 Program
- For General applicants : Rs. 1535/-
- For SC/ST/OBC (NC) applicants: Rs. 410/-
Applying for 2 Program
- For General applicants : Rs. 3070/-
- For SC/ST/OBC (NC) applicants : Rs. 820/-
- Mode of Payment : Online Through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- Selection will be based on Research Aptitude Test & Personal Interviews.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website