> TIFR Visiting Students Research Programme 2019, Application, Dates
TIFR Visiting Students Research Programme 2019, Application, Dates
TIFR VSRP Visiting Students Research Program 2019
TIFR Visiting Students Research Programme 2019 – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) invites applications for admissions to Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2019)
The students selected for the programme are expected to work on a research project under the supervision of a TIFR Research. Candidates can check complete details of TIFR VSRP 2019 from the give below.
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) organizes summer programmes every year that allows talented students to research in the areas of:
- Physic, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Computer & Systems Sciences
- The Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2019) will be held at TIFR, Mumbai during the period May, 06th to June 28th, 2019.
Also See: Admission Notification 2019
TIFR VSRP 2019
- The table below consists of important information that the candidates should know about TIFR. This information would made the candidate aware about the know about of the organizing body and hence encourage them to apply for the programme.
- Organizing Body: The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- Founded on June 1945
Frontline Areas of Research
- Computer Science
Major Departments of TIFR
- The School of Mathematics,
- The School of Natural Sciences and
- The School of Technology & Computer Science.
National Centres of TIFR
- The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore
- The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Pune
- The Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), Mankhurd, Mumbai
Eligibility Criteria for TIFR Visiting Students Research Programme 2019
- Candidates who fulfill eligibility criteria of TIFR VSRP 2019 can apply for the program
- Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Mathematics/Computer & Systems Sciences:
- Two years of undergraduate course work in an academic institution
- Should not have participated in VSRP before
- Based on the above criteria, students in the final year of a three year undergrad program (e.g B.Sc.) or pre-final year of a four year degree program (e.g .BTech) or in a post-graduate/Masters program are eligible to apply.
- Students finishing two years of undergraduate study before the commencement date of the program are also eligible to apply.
- Students who have applied to the VSRP program before but NOT selected can also apply.
- Please note that the VSRP program is for students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program and not for PhD students or faculty members.
- Selection is purely based on the academic performance of the student, submitted write-up and referee reports. There is no selection test/interview.
- Selected students are paid a monthly stipend @ Rs 7000/- per month and to and fro travel reimbursement from the place of their residence. Also, free shared accommodation on- or off- campus is provided.
TIFR Visiting Students Research Programme 2019 Application Form
- Students are encouraged to apply online http://www.tifr.res.in/
- Before filling the online application form please keep the following ready:
- Scanned photo (jpg file of size not exceeding 100 kb) of your passport size photograph.
- Students are required to fill in two areas of study in order of preference. Please read the Information Brochure before you fill this section.
- A write-up of 400 words describing your interest in the most preferred field of study is required to be uploaded (in .doc or .pdf format and file size not exceeding 1MB).
- Names and email ids of two Referees who would be filling up the Referee Report Forms. They should be teachers or persons with whom you have interacted academically.
- The link for downloading the Referee Report Forms will be sent by email to the applicant after complete registration
- Students from remote areas who do not have access to internet can send a request for application form along with a self-addressed stamped envelope of Rs 20/- superscripted (VSRP-2019) to:
- The Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabh Road, Colaba, Mumbai-400005
- For more details and to apply online, please see http://vsrp.ncra.tifr.res.in
Important Dates for TIFR Visiting Students Research Programme 2019
- Last Date for Application Form:
- For all other Subjects: 31st January 2019
- For Maths: 28th February 2019
- VSRP-2019 will be held at TIFR, Mumbai during the period 06th May to 28th June 2019
- VSRP for Mathematics will be held from 14th May to 14th June 2019
- VSRP at NCRA, Pune will be held from 02nd May to 28th June 2019
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba Mumbai-400005, Tel 022- 22782875, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.tifr.res.in