Translational Health Science And Technology Institute JNU announces PhD in Biomedical and Clinical Research Admission 2020 (Winter Session)
THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2020 – Translational Health Science and Technology Institute Gurgaon announces admission to PhD Programs under two tracks (i) Biomedical Research and (ii) Clinical Research year 2020-21 (Winter Session)
THSTI (Translational Health Science & Technology Institute) Details
- Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is a part of the interdisciplinary Biotech Science Cluster at Faridabad in the National Capital Region. THSTI (Translational Health Science and Technology Institute) is designed to be a dynamic and interactive organization with a mission to conduct innovative translational research across disciplines and professions to accelerate the development of concepts into products to improve human health.THSTI is a recognized R&D institute of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi offering doctoral programs in biomedical science tracks.
- Applications are invited for the THSTI-JNU PhD programs under biomedical research
Broad Domains of Ongoing Research
- The broad domains of ongoing research are: Vaccines and infectious diseases; Translational research in maternal and child health; Drug discovery and mathematical modeling to understand disease biology; Human microbial ecology; Diagnostics, devices and bio-design
- Please visit the THSTI website (www.thsti.res.in) for details of ongoing research programs and the PhD Coursework. The PhD program at THSTI is governed by JNU rules.
No. of Seats
A maximum of 25 candidates may be selected this session.
THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Apply online by 8th November 2019
- Last date for submission online 13th November2019.
- Admission test interviewed on 9th and 10th December 2019
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an admission test at THSTI on the 03rd December 2019
- Selected students will undergo PhD course work for 2 semesters starting from January 2020. Those having successfully completed the PhD course requirement will be recommended to JNU for PhD registration. For the award of the doctoral degree, the candidate will have to complete all requirements as per the JNU rules.
- 27% seats for OBC (non-creamy layer), 15% of seats for SC, 7.5% seats for ST, and 3% of seats for differently-abled (with a minimum of 40% disability) are reserved for candidates belonging to these categories.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates are required to submit certificate in respect of their claims from the authorized officers as notified by the Govt. or the purpose from time to time. The PWD (with minimum 40% disability) candidates are required to submit a certificate from authorized Medical Doctors/Hospitals indicating the extent of physical disability.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
Eligibility Criteria for THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2020
Educational qualifications and fellowship requirements:
The candidate must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Should have a Master’s degree in any branch of biomedical/life sciences (including veterinary science, public health, pharmaceutical sciences), bioinformatics, chemistry, computer science or mathematics or a B Tech in Biotechnology from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or its equivalent (e.g.: grade B in the UGC 7-point scale).
- Must have qualified in the JRF examination of CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT (category I only) or NBHM,
- which provides fellowship for their PhD program. OR
- Should have SRF fellowship from ICMR, CSIR
- Should have MBBS/MDS/MPH from a recognized university/institute with at least 55% marks or its equivalent. OR
- BE/B Tech (computer science/biotechnology/biomedical engineering/mechanical/ electronics/electrical engineering)/B. Pharma or post-graduate degree in life sciences (all disciplines in life sciences), pharmacy, medicinal chemistry, chemistry, physics, mathematics or bioinformatics from a recognized university/institute with at least 55% marks or its equivalent along with NETLS/ DBT-II category or a valid GPAT/GATE qualification.
- Names of shortlisted candidates will be announced on our website on 20th November 2019. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an admission test at THSTI on 9th December at 9:30 am. Applicants who clear the admission test will be interviewed on 9th and 10th December 2019. Final selection will be made based on the applicant’s performance in the interview and the list of selected candidates will be published on the THSTI website within one working week after the interview.
- Students from group A, selected for admission to the PhD program and holding fellowship from any of the above agencies have to activate their own fellowship. Students selected from Group B will be awarded THSTI fellowships equivalent to the CSIR-UGC Fellowship amount.
See: Latest Entrance Exams
THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2019 Application Form
- Candidates fulfilling the above requirements must apply online www.thsti.res.in. Candidates fulfilling the above requirements must apply online by 8th November 2019.
- Please take a print out of the application, sign and send it to the Officer (Academics) of the institute at the above address along with the application fee and self-attested copies of documents in support of eligibility so as to reach by 13th November2019.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained on any ground including postal delay. Incomplete applications in any respect will be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Non-refundable application fee of Rs. 500 for General and OBC candidates, and Rs. 250 for SC/ST/Women/differently-abled candidates should be paid through online.
For further details please visit www.thsti.res.in
THSTI JNU, Gurgaon
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, (An autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India), 496, Udyog Vihar, Phase-III, Gurgaon-122016 (Haryana), Website www.thsti.res.in