THSTI-JNU announces Admission to PhD Program in Biomedical and Clinical Research 2019 (Monsoon Session)
THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2019 – Translational Health Science and Technology Institute Gurgaon announces admission to PhD Programs under two tracks (i) Biomedical Research and (ii) Clinical Research year 2019-20 (Monsoon Session)
THSTI (Translational Health Science & Technology Institute) Details
- Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is a part of the interdisciplinary Biotech Science Cluster at Faridabad in the National Capital Region. THSTI (Translational Health Science and Technology Institute) is designed to be a dynamic and interactive organization with a mission to conduct innovative translational research across disciplines and professions to accelerate the development of concepts into products to improve human health.
- THSTI is a recognized R&D institute of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi offering doctoral programs in biomedical science tracks.
- Applications are invited for the THSTI-JNU PhD programs under biomedical research
See: PHD Admissions
Broad Domains of Ongoing Research
- The broad domains of ongoing research are: Vaccines and infectious diseases; Translational research in maternal and child health; Drug discovery and mathematical modeling to understand disease biology; Human microbial ecology; Diagnostics, devices and bio-design
- Please visit the THSTI website (www.thsti.res.in) for details of ongoing research programs and the PhD Coursework. The PhD program at THSTI is governed by JNU rules.
No. of Seats
- A total of up to 20 candidates may be selected this year, if found suitable. The number of selected candidates may be lower if sufficient candidates do not secure the minimum credentials required for admission.
See: Latest Entrance Exams
THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 10th November 2019
- Names of Shortlisted candidates will be announced on our website by 17th November 2019
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an admission test at THSTI on the 03rd December 2019
- Admission Test will be Interviewed on 03rd and 04th December 2019
- Published on the THSTI website by 24th December 2019
- PhD Course work for 2 semesters starting on 01st January 2019
- 27% seats for OBC (non-creamy layer), 15% of seats for SC, 7.5% of seats for ST, and 3% of seats for differently-abled (with minimum of 40% disability) are reserved for candidates belonging to these categories.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates are required to submit certificate in respect of their claims from the authorized officers as notified by the Govt. or the purpose from time to time. The PWD (with minimum 40% disability) candidates are required to submit a certificate from authorized Medical Doctors/Hospitals indicating the extent of physical disability.
- Candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PWD (with minimum 40% disability) category who are selected on their own merit with General Category candidates shall not be counted under reserved quota.
See: PhD in Biology Admissions
Eligibility Criteria for THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2019
The candidate must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Candidate must have qualified in the junior research fellowship examination of CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT (category I only) or BINC (for bioinformatics & computer science) which provides fellowship for the entire duration (5 years) of their PhD program.
- Should have a Master’s degree in any branch of biomedical/life sciences (including veterinary science, public health), bioinformatics or computer science from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or its equivalent (e.g.: grade B in the UGC 7-point scale) or a B Tech in Biotechnology.
- Professional degrees:
- BE/B Tech (Computer Science) with a valid GATE qualifying score.
- Candidates appearing in the finals of their qualifying examination may also apply. However, they will be required to fulfil the above academic/ fellowship requirements at the time of the interview
- A relaxation in marks/grade during Master’s Degree for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (no-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and any other categories will be applicable as per the UGC notification, 05th May 2016 or subsequent notification in effect of at the time of interview.
- Names of shortlisted candidates will be announced on our website by 17th May 2019. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an admission test at THSTI on the 3rd of June at 9:30 am.
- Applicants who clear the admission test will be interviewed on 03rd & 04th June 2019
- Final selection will be made based on the applicant’s performance in the interview and the list of selected candidates will be published on the THSTI website within one working week of the interview
- Students from group A recommended for admission to the PhD program and holding fellowship from any of the above agencies will be required to utilize their own fellowship
- Candidates with professional degrees (Group B) selected through the admission process will be awarded THSTI fellowships equivalent to the CSIR-UGC Fellowship amount
See: Scholarships in India
THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2019 Application Form
- Candidates fulfilling the above requirements must apply online https://thsti.res.in/phd_programme.php
- Candidates fulfilling the above requirements must apply online by 10th May 2019.
- Please take a print out of the application, sign and send it to the Officer (Academics) of the institute at the above address along with the application fee and self-attested copies of documents in support of eligibility so as to reach by 13th May 2019.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained on any ground including postal delay. Incomplete applications in any respect will be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Non-refundable application fee of Rs.500/- for General and OBC candidates, and Rs.250/- for SC/ST/Differently-Abled candidates should be paid by bank draft in favor of Translational Health Science and Technology Institute payable at Faridabad
- Please visit the THSTI website (thsti.res.in) for details of ongoing research programs and the PhD course work. The PhD program at THSTI is governed by JNU rules
For further details please visit www.jnu.ac.in
THSTI JNU, Gurgaon
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, (An autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India), 496, Udyog Vihar, Phase-III, Gurgaon-122016 (Haryana), Website www.thsti.res.in