Thapar University announces Admission to MSc Program 2019
Thapar University MSc Admission 2019 – Institute of Engineering & Technology, Thapar University invites applications from the interested candidates for admission into M.Sc Program for the academic year 2019
Thapar University M.Sc Programs:
- M.Sc. (Bio-Technology)
- M.Sc. (Chemistry)
- M.Sc. (Biochemistry)
- M.Sc. (Mathematics)
- M.Sc. (Mathematics and Computing)
- M.Sc. (Physics)
- M.Sc. (Environmental Sciences)
Thapar University MSc Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for receipt of completed application forms: 30th June 2019
M.Sc Admission schedule
- Counseling including deposit of fee: 03rd July 2019
- Last round of counseling for vacant seats if any: 26th July 2019
- Commencement of classes: 22nd July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Thapar University MSc Admission 2019
I. M.Sc. (BIO-TECHNOLOGY)
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree with minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in graduation from recognized University under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary, and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering Technology, 4-Years BS (Physician Assistant) Course, Medicine (MBBS) or BDS.
See: M.Sc Biotechnology Entrance Exam
II. M.Sc. (CHEMISTRY)
- : Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Science of minimum 3-years duration (10+2+3 year’s pattern) with 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate and Chemistry as one of the subject at the graduation level.
See: MSc in Chemistry Admissions
III. M.Sc. (BIOCHEMISTRY)
- Eligibility: Recognized bachelor’s degree with minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in graduation under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Genetics or Bioinformatics or Biophysics or Biotechnology or Molecular Biology. In addition to that candidates having degree in MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, B. Pharm, B.Tech (Biotech) shall also be eligible for admission in MSc Biochemistry programme.
IV. M.Sc. (MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING) and M.Sc. (MATHEMATICS)
- Eligibility: Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3-years duration with 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate and Mathematics as one of the subject at the graduation level.
V. M.Sc. (PHYSICS)
- Eligibility: Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Science of minimum 3-years duration with 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate and Physics as one of the subject at the graduation level. The program shall have following three specializations:
i. Nuclear Science and Technology
ii. Modern Electronics
iii. Materials Technology
See: MSc in Physics Admissions
VI. M.Sc. (ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE)
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Science of minimum 3-years duration with 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Biophysics.
No. of seats:
- 40 (Gen-28, SC/ST-10, PH-2) + (6 FN/NRI seats. Refer section 10 for eligibility & other conditions); 20 (in case of M.Sc. Environmental Sciences/M.Sc. Mathematics/M.Sc. Mathematics and Computing)
- 1% over and above seats are reserved for children of employees of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology. The candidates seeking admission under this category are required to satisfy the eligibility as mentioned above for various M.Sc. programs.
See: Top MSc Mathematics colleges in India
Selection Process for Thapar University MSc Admission 2019
- Admissions in all the M.Sc. programs shall be made on the basis of merit prepared by giving 40% weightage to 12th marks and 60% weightage to Graduation marks (aggregate marks up to pre-final year). Overall minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST) in graduation shall be required to be eligible for admission. Graduation must be done from a recognized University.
Thapar University MSc Admission 2019 Application Process
- The candidate seeking admission in different M.Sc. programs have to fill single form only with requisite fee mentioning discipline preferences.
- Candidates having any pending backlog in the first two years of Graduation shall not be considered for admission.
- In case of a tie among candidates securing equal marks in the merit list, the same will be broken in accordance with the following criteria:
- Candidate senior in age shall rank higher in order of merit.
- In the case of a tie in age also, a candidate getting higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall be ranked higher in order of merit.
- In the case of a tie in percentage of marks in the qualifying examination also, a candidate securing higher percentage of marks in matriculation/secondary or equivalent examination shall rank higher in order of merit.
- Percentage of marks secured at the end of 2nd year of graduation shall only be considered even if the candidate has completed the graduation.
- Candidates appearing in the final exam of the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. Such candidates have to furnish following undertaking at the time of counseling.
- “I am applying on my own risk and responsibility as my final result of the Qualifying Exam has not been declared.
- I do hereby declare that I do not have any backlog paper in any of the previous semesters (Years) of study of the qualifying exam and also, I do not expect any backlog in my final exam.
- I assure you that I will produce the proof of passing of my Qualifying Examination with the minimum percentage of marks required on or before December 31, 2019, failing which my admission shall stand cancelled and I shall not claim any right on any count whatsoever.”
Application Fee: Rs.1000/-
For more information please visit the official website
P.O Box 32, Patiala, Punjab-147004, Tele 01752393021, Email email@example.com