Thapar University announces admission to Lateral Entry Admission to the Second Year of UG Program 2021
Thapar University Lateral Entry Admission 2021 – Thapar University invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Second Year of Undergraduate Programs for the academic year 2021
Candidates seeking Lateral Entry admission will be required to qualify Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) 2021 organized by the university. check out more details on Thapar University Lateral Entry Admission 2021 from the page below.
Lateral Entry UG Program – Relevant Diploma Disciplines
- Chemical Engineering – Chemical Technology/ Food Technology/ Chemical Engineering/Biotechnology/Mechanical
- Computer Engineering – Program in Computer Engineering (with specialization in Machine Learning and Data Analytics) / Computer Engineering (with specialization in Computer Animation and Gaming) / Software Engineering Computer Programming and Application/ Computer Engineering/Computer Servicing Maintenance /Electronics and Communication/Information Technology /Electronics & Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering – Architectural Assistantship/ Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering – Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication
- Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering (Production) / Mechatronics – Mechanical Engineering/ Refrigeration and Air Conditioning/ Production and Industrial Engineering/ Foundry Technology/ Production Engineering/ Industrial/Maintenance of Plant and Machinery/ Tool and Die/ Welding Technology/ Mechatronics/ Automobile/ Aerospace Engineering/ Marine Engineering/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering (RAC)
- Electronics and Communication Eng Electronics & Computer Eng/Electronics (Instrumentation & Control) Eng. – Electronics and Communication/ Electrical and Electronics/ Electrical and Telecommunication Engineering/ Electronics and TV Technology/ Electronics and Instrumentation/ Electronics and Microprocessors/ Electronics and Computer/ Computer Science/ Computer Science and Engineering/Computer Engineering/ Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation Technology, Instrumentation & Process Control, Electronics and Instrumentation, Instrumentation and Control
No. of Seats
- Lateral Entry admission to B.E. Programme for diploma holders at the 2nd year (3rd Semester) level will be made through merit of marks secured in Diploma for the following seats in various categories:
- General – 157
- SC (15%) – 34
- ST (7.5%) – 19
- PH (3%) – 09
- Grand Total – 219
Thapar University Lateral Entry Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date for receipt of completed application forms: July 25th, 2020
- BE/BTech Lateral entry admission schedule will be announced soon
Eligibility Criteria for Thapar University Lateral Entry Admission 2021
- The applicants should hold Indian citizenship.
- The applicants should have done 3 years Diploma course in the relevant stream after Class X from Polytechnic Institution/College recognized by UGC/AICTE or affiliated with State Board of Technical Education with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for candidates from SC/ST) in aggregate.
- The applicants who have completed 2 years Diploma course after 10+2 from Polytechnic Institution/College recognized by UGC/AICTE or affiliated with State Board of Technical Education with minimum of 60% marks (55% for candidates from SC/ST) in aggregate may also apply for the exam
- The candidates must have a good moral character
- They need to qualify LEET – TU with at least 20% marks in total (15% for SC/ST candidates).
Thapar University Lateral Entry Admission 2021 Application Process
- Online Mode: The candidates applying for Thapar University Lateral Entry 2020 for 2nd year (3rd Semester) admission need to fill the complete details in the application form available on the website of the university https://admissions.thapar.edu/
- Offline Mode: Application Form can be downloaded from website
- Application Form Fee – Rs.1500/-
- Mode of Payment of Fee: Payment can be done through secured online payment gateway using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- In the form of Demand Draft (DD), the DD of requisite amount should be made in favour of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology and payable at Patiala.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website