Please follow and like us:

TANUVAS PG and PG Diploma Admission 2020 – Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS) Chennai invites applications form the candidates ofTamil Nadu for admission to the following Postgraduate Degree and PG Diploma Programs of University for the academic year 2020-21

Interested candidates can read the complete details of TANUVAS PG and PG Diploma Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. on this page.

Courses Offered at TANUVAS

1.

MVSc / M.Tech (FT) Degree Programs

2.

PhD Degree Programs

3.

M.Sc. in Biotechnology

4.

Post Graduate Diploma Programs

Seat Matrix

Seats to be filled in different Postgraduate Degree Courses during 2020-21

MVSc & PhD (Veterinary and Animal Sciences)

MVSc & PhD Disciplines

Animal Biotechnology; Animal Genetics and Breeding; Animal Husbandry Economics; Animal Nutrition; Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics; Livestock Production Management; Livestock Products Technology; Poultry Science; Veterinary Anatomy; Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension Education; Veterinary Biochemistry; Veterinary Clinical Medicine; Veterinary Preventive Medicine; Veterinary Microbiology; Veterinary Parasitology; Veterinary Pathology; Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology; Veterinary Physiology; Veterinary Surgery; and Radiology; Veterinary Anaesthesiology; Wildlife Science and Veterinary Public Health

MVSc

Total Seats – MVC-55, VCRI, NKL-34, VCRI OND-28, VCRI TNI-28

PhD

Total Seats – MVC-45, VCRI, NKL-24Seats

MTech (Food Technology)

College of Food & Dairy Technology, Koduvalli, Chennai – 10

PhD (Food Technology)

College of Food & Dairy Technology, Koduvalli, Chennai – 05

PhD (Biotechnology)

Madras Veterinary College, Chennai – 05

TANUVAS PG and PG Diploma Admission 2020 Important Dates

Events

Dates

Online registration and payment of fees closes on

31st December 2020, 6:00PM.

The cutoff date for all the eligibility conditions is

31st December 2020

Entrance Examination

20th January 2021

Publication of results

21st January 2021

Eligibility Criteria for TANUVAS PG and PG Diploma Admission 2020

For MVSc Degree Programs

  • Candidates possessing a BVSc / BVSc & AH degree of Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereof shall be eligible to apply
  • 75% of the admission strength for the year is available for the candidates from Tamil Nadu. The remaining 25% is reserved for candidates from other states through ICAR. If there are any unfilled seats in Tamil Nadu State quota, the same will be filled with candidates from other States who have applied and appeared for the entrance exam conducted by the University.

For MTech (Food Technology) Degree Program

  • Candidates possessing a BTech (FPT / FT) degree of Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University or candidates who have studied a four years degree program in Food Processing Technology / Food Technology / Food Engineering / Dairy Technology or equivalent Engineering or Technology course from a recognised University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereof shall be eligible to apply.

For MTech (Dairy Technology / Dairy Chemistry)

  • Candidates possessing a BTech (DT) degree of Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University or candidates who have studied a FOUR YEAR degree programme in Dairy Technology shall be eligible to apply.

For MTech (Poultry Technology)

  • Candidates possessing a BTech (PT) degree of Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University or candidates who have studied a Four Year degree programme in Poultry Technology / Poultry Production Technology shall be eligible to apply.
  • Candidates with an GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 under trimester system or 6.50 out of 10.00 or 65% aggregate under semester pattern alone are eligible to apply for admission to MTech (FT) degree programme
  • Candidates who have studied under conventional system should possess a minimum of 55% marks in their Bachelor’s degree

For PhD Degree Programs in Veterinary & Animal Sciences

  • Only 75% of the admission strength for the year is available for the candidates from Tamil Nadu. The remaining 25% is reserved for candidates from other states through ICAR. If there are any unfilled seats, in state quota, the same will be filled with candidates from other states who have applied and appeared for the entrance examination conducted by the University. The candidates from other states will be considered for admission by maintaining a separate rank list only against the vacancies that may arise from the state quota.
  • Candidates with an GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 under trimester system or 6.50 out of 10.00 under semester system or 65% marks in the Masters degree alone are eligible to apply for admission to PhD degree programme in Veterinary and Animal Sciences

For PhD Degree Programs in Food Technology

  • Candidates with M.Sc. in Food Technology, Food Science and Technology, Post-Harvest Technology, Food Processing Technology, Food Process Engineering, Dairy Technology, Dairy Engineering, Biochemistry/Food Chemistry and candidates with Master Degree in Food Technology related engineering subjects shall be eligible to apply
  • Candidates with an OGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 under trimester system or 6.50 out of 10.00 under semester system or 55% marks in conventional system in masters degree alone are eligible for admission to PhD in Food Technology

For PhD Degree Programs in Biotechnology

  • Candidates with Master’s degree in the disciplines of Biotechnology (M.Sc./M.Tech.) Molecular Biology, Gene Technology, Animal Biotechnology (M.Sc.,) Biochemistry, Microbiology, Environmental Sciences, Genetics, Marine Biology, Life Sciences and Fisheries Sciences (except Fisheries Economics, Fisheries Statistics and Fisheries Extension) from recognized Universities with first class shall be eligible to apply.

For M.Sc. in Biotechnology Programs

  • A Candidate with Bachelor degree in the disciplines of Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Gene Technology, Animal Biotechnology (General stream, 3 years programme), Biochemistry, Microbiology, Environmental Sciences, Genetics, Marine Biology and Fisheries Sciences and other Life Sciences From recognized Universities shall be eligible to apply.

Note

To know more about the Eligibility Criteria of other courses, please refer to the Information Brochure

TANUVAS PG and PG Diploma Admission 2020 Application Process

  • Online Registration & Payment of Fees closes on 31st December 2020, 06:00 PM
  • Candidates should carefully read the prospectus before filling up the application form online. All the required documents / certificates should be scanned and kept ready
  • Candidates may submit applications online at www.tanuvas.ac.in, www2.tanuvas.ac.in
  • After submitting the application online, the candidates who are employed (State/Central/SAU’s / Public sector organizations) alone should take the printout of the uploaded documents and send through proper channel so as to reach the Chairman, Admission Committee (PG), Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Madhavaram milk colony, chennai-600051
  • Candidates should ensure that the correct amount of Online Application Fee (Rs.600 /- for SC & ST and Rs.1200/- for other candidates for each application) is paid by using the method viz. a) Credit Card b) Debit Card and c) Internet Banking in the Online Payment Gateway. Payment by any other mode will not be accepted.
  • For More Details of TANUVAS Admission 2020 for PG & PG Diploma Courses – DownloadInformation Brochure
  • The Entrance Examination Hall Ticket and Counselling information letter can be downloaded online at tanuvas.ac.in / www2.tanuvas.ac.in only by the eligible candidates.

Selection Process

For MVSc / M.Tech (FT) Degree Programs

  • The selection of candidates for admission to MVSc / MTech Degree Programs shall be done on the basis of the marks obtained in the Common Entrance Exam and the qualifying exam marks obtained in the BVSc & AH / BTech degree Programs.
  • The Common Entrance Exam for MVSc / MTech (FT) admission will be of undergraduate level covering the subjects taught and will contain 200 objective type questions with four responses. Each question will carry 0.5 mark and the maximum marks will be 100. The examination will be of three hours duration.

For PhD Degree Programs in Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Food Tech. & Biotechnology

  • Candidates for PhD degree Program will be selected based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Examination and other criteria.
  • The Exam will be with 75 objective type questions with four responses and each question will carry one mark with a maximum of 75 marks. The Examination will be conducted for a duration of 1 ½ hours. Answers should be shared with a ball-point pen in the OMR coding sheet as per the instructions given in the OMR coding sheet.

For M.Sc. in Biotechnology Programs

  • The selection of candidates for admission into MSc (Biotechnology) will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination and the qualifying degree marks.
  • Entrance Exam will be with 75 objective type questions with four responses for 1½ hour duration. Answers should be shaded with a ballpoint pen in the OMR coding sheet as per the instructions given in the OMR coding sheet.

 
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website

Please follow and like us: