Taiwan International Graduate Program 2019 for PhD Programs
Taiwan International Graduate Program 2019 – Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP) is now accepting applications for admission to the 2019 fall semester. Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the courses offered, timeline, application procedure and such below:
- TIGP was established in 2002, and presently offers international candidates Ph.D. degree granting programs in a wide variety of areas. TIGP is jointly organized by Academia Sinica in association with Taiwan’s key national research universities.
- Academia Sinica’s PhD Programs provide superior scientific training coupled with cutting-edge facilities and leading technologies to ensure its Ph.D. candidates are well supported both academically and socially
- All PhD Programs are conducted in English so that candidates can be fully engaged in the learning and discovery process
- Further, the program works very closely with Taiwan’s leading universities to make certain candidates have access to the best minds in their chosen field. Importantly, TIGP offers affordable rates on PhD level programs with the potential to qualify for scholarships.
Also See : Admission Notifications
TIGP offers the following twelve Ph.D. programs:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
TIGP 2019 Scholarship Value
- TIGP provides fellowship support of NT$34,000 (about US$1060) per month for all graduate students during the first year of their enrollment. The support will be extended for another two years upon evidence of satisfactory progress towards the degree. In subsequent years, the financial support will be provided by the student’s thesis advisor. The amount of the support will be at the discretion of the advisor.
- Living and housing costs: On-campus self-catering student dormitory costs NT$5,500/ month per single room. Off-campus private housing is generally more expensive, with monthly rents ranging from NT$5,000-15,000 for single rooms, NT$12,000-20000 for apartments with 2-3 rooms. Meals are available at modest costs at various eateries on and around the campus of Academia Sinica.
Eligibility Criteria for Taiwan International Graduate Program
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree (Some programs only accept applicants with Master’s degree, please check each program’s admission requirements).
- English Proficiency Test Score: TOEFL, IELTS or GEPT
- GRE Score (optional)
- Transcripts (Please provide an explanation for any nonstandard grading system)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Application Form for Taiwan International Graduate Program
- No application fee is required. Applicants can apply online for admission to the program
- Please apply at TIGP online application system before 31st January 2019 (GMT+8): https://tigp.apps.sinica.edu.tw/index.php
- Applicants can also apply by post. Please send the completed application to:
- Admissions Office, Taiwan International Graduate Program, No. 128, Section 2, Academia Road, Nankang District, Taipei City 11529, Taiwan, R. O. C.
- For more information, please contact Ms. Huan-Yi Shen at +886-2-2789-8050 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Taiwan International Graduate Program 2019 Important Dates
- The last date to apply for Taiwan International Graduate Program is 31st January 2019